Austen Morris Associates

4.4

CEO

Great supervision and energy

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates as an intern

Pros

Wonderful location with a myriad of western food options in walkable distance. This internship gives me the opportunity to be around professionals in the industry and gain as much knowledge as I can.

Cons

I am still getting used to the Shanghai subway system here, but everything else has been great so far! The commute takes about an hour because I am living in the north-east part of Shanghai, but it is definitely worth the trek to the AMA office.

Great work and looking forward to all of the activities in the future.

Great work environment!

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time

Pros

AMA has quite the multi-cultural team environment and it is definitely a great starting point if you want a financial career. Intro training is very good and the Senior Management makes sure you feel welcome since day one.

Cons

Be prepared to work for a commission based job. Talking to Chinese secretaries can be stressful and frustrating.

Keep on motivating the team as you have been doing until today. Keep throwing those off-work activities that you are so good at!

Professionalism at its BEST !

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Our Manila office has just been launched few months ago, the first time I entered Austen Morris Associates' office it speaks of high moral values, great camaraderie, strong support system and professionalism. I could not complain more than working in BGC, The Fort - this is Manila's newest Global Business District where financially stable companies and corporations hold office like Austen Morris Associates !

Cons

We are aiming to expand over Manila, so we are looking forward to work in a bigger office. We do have little issues on salary pay out and benefits, but these are part of the growing pains (Manila office). I am sure these problems will be addressed in due time.

By objective, they may adopt payout scheme (bi-monthly) over Manila employees as majority of the multinational companies practice as such. Also may consider to include other benefits on top of the basic pay.

Exciting things in store ahead

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast hiring process, great team camaraderie, top management is very visible, reachable and approachable. Since the company is new in Manila, I look forward to growing with the company, hopefully new and good things are in store ahead!

Cons

If you are to rely on basic pay alone, it is not sustainable for long-term employment. Very commission-driven.

Hopefully there would be more career opportunities available in the future as the company continues to expand here in Manila.

So far so good :)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- friendly work environment
    - very supportive colleagues and management
    - management are very hands-on to your training and development
    - immediate manager are always there to coach and mentor you
    - pioneer team can take advantage of the company's future plan for expansion
    - good training ground if you want to follow the financial advisory route

Cons

- basic is average
    - one must be commission driven
    - must bear in mind that this is a numbers game

Healthy Work Environment

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I started working in Austen Morris Associates a month ago and all I can say is that we have a very fun and competitve team. Everyone is helping and supporting each other.

Cons

You'll get the salary every end of the month and their offer is very small that's why you have to be commission driven.

One Big Happy Family

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many staff that have been here for 10+ years so there is lots of experience all around you. What makes that even better is that everybody is willing to help each other and to help/teach the new staff even if it is not their direct responsibility. As soon as I started working at Austen Morris Associates I felt comfortable and at home and that feeling has carried on for more than 5 years and hopefully much longer, it really is a big family where everybody supports each other. The level of training and professionalism is second to none but above all else, the office environment is so much fun!

Cons

Don't expect an easy ride. All staff are expected to work very hard and be dedicated to their role, If you are looking to just drift along then work elsewhere.

Keep arranging the regular team building events and outings, we really enjoy them and they really motivate us!

"Great place to start your China career"

Current Employee - Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Austen Morris Associates provides a friendly, closely-knit environment with a focus on satisfying our client's financial goals. We have a very lively work environment, which motivates you to work hard, play hard. AMA hosts numerous quarterly internal events, such as paint balling, holiday party, beach parties and happy hours. While AMA employees are very focused on the financial tasks at hand, there is an opportunity to succeed in this company professionally and personally.

Cons

A portion of many staffs salary is commission based and therefore you must be very self motivated and proactive. This contributes to the office's work hard, play hard mentality. The office is also places very far for many looking to conveniently travel via subway or taxi.

This company has a promising future outlook. Keep up the great work!

Brilliant Company Atmosphere

Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Business Coordinator in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly from the top management. You get plenty of help and support.
    If your willing to work you can move up very quickly.

Cons

Its all commission based so you have to be prepared to work hard.

Keep encouraging staff.

Excellent Working Environment

Current Employee - Business Development Coordinator in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at AMA has been quite an experience in any both levels professional and personal. It is a very goal driven company which shows they are determined and realistic of where they want to be heading.
    Plus the working environment is so friendly, which just makes it easier and nice to be there.

Cons

Salary is mostly commissioned based.

Give a bit more training at the beginning in order to have a better scope for future positions.

Austen Morris Associates Photos