Austen Morris Associates Reviews

4.5
CEO

Great work environment!

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time

Pros

AMA has quite the multi-cultural team environment and it is definitely a great starting point if you want a financial career. Intro training is very good and the Senior Management makes sure you feel welcome since day one.

Cons

Be prepared to work for a commission based job. Talking to Chinese secretaries can be stressful and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep on motivating the team as you have been doing until today. Keep throwing those off-work activities that you are so good at!

Admin

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working with Austen Morris Associates for over 5 years and still keen to work within this prestigious company, due to the company’s ethics and cultural values. This is a firm that caters for its employees and customers, since continuous training and support are provided to the employees and the line managers go above and beyond to ensure guaranteed customer satisfaction, within this wealth management and financial insurance industry

Cons

nothing really bad. only salary increase slow.

Lots of room for growth

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates

Pros

The management are experienced professionals who want you to learn, grow your career and succeed. Overall, AMA is a great place to work and I wouldn't have it any other way,

Cons

It is an international office but there will still be local cultural challenges, sometimes interesting and often frustrating.

Advice to Management

It would be great if they provided more team-building exercises

Marketing Analyst

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates

Pros

Staff associates are amiable and eager to provide you with any sort of advice and support swiftly. Highly recommended to any fellow potential candidates who desire to work within a prestigious environment.

Cons

It is an international and cosmopolitan office, thereby you will be dealing with a few local cultural challenges. On top of that some of them are Chinese natives, nevertheless their English fluency is adequate to successfully interact and get your points across.

Advice to Management

Provide tailored staff training programmes, which will result in more efficient staff engagement and personal development

Good company for ambitious sales guys

Former Employee - Associate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Associate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Austen Morris Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good commissions. Great company support and materials. Great environment for top producers.

Cons

Very tough if you are not in the top 10% or so. High burnout. Start up costs can be expensive.

Advice to Management

Introduce a wider range of products to match your sales forces different strengths. That said, I know they are doing as much so just keep it up.

Professionalism at its BEST !

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our Manila office has just been launched few months ago, the first time I entered Austen Morris Associates' office it speaks of high moral values, great camaraderie, strong support system and professionalism. I could not complain more than working in BGC, The Fort - this is Manila's newest Global Business District where financially stable companies and corporations hold office like Austen Morris Associates !

Cons

We are aiming to expand over Manila, so we are looking forward to work in a bigger office. We do have little issues on salary pay out and benefits, but these are part of the growing pains (Manila office). I am sure these problems will be addressed in due time.

Advice to Management

By objective, they may adopt payout scheme (bi-monthly) over Manila employees as majority of the multinational companies practice as such. Also may consider to include other benefits on top of the basic pay.

8. So far so good :)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- friendly work environment - very supportive colleagues and management - management are very hands-on to your training and development - immediate manager are always there to coach and mentor you - pioneer team can take advantage of the company's future plan for expansion - good training ground if you want to follow the financial advisory route

Cons

- basic is average - one must be commission driven - must bear in mind that this is a numbers game

9. Healthy Work Environment

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working in Austen Morris Associates a month ago and all I can say is that we have a very fun and competitve team. Everyone is helping and supporting each other.

Cons

You'll get the salary every end of the month and their offer is very small that's why you have to be commission driven.

Exciting things in store ahead

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast hiring process, great team camaraderie, top management is very visible, reachable and approachable. Since the company is new in Manila, I look forward to growing with the company, hopefully new and good things are in store ahead!

Cons

If you are to rely on basic pay alone, it is not sustainable for long-term employment. Very commission-driven.

Advice to Management

Hopefully there would be more career opportunities available in the future as the company continues to expand here in Manila.

One Big Happy Family

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Austen Morris Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many staff that have been here for 10+ years so there is lots of experience all around you. What makes that even better is that everybody is willing to help each other and to help/teach the new staff even if it is not their direct responsibility. As soon as I started working at Austen Morris Associates I felt comfortable and at home and that feeling has carried on for more than 5 years and hopefully much longer, it really is a big family where everybody supports each other. The level of training and professionalism is second to none but above all else, the office environment is so much fun!

Cons

Don't expect an easy ride. All staff are expected to work very hard and be dedicated to their role, If you are looking to just drift along then work elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep arranging the regular team building events and outings, we really enjoy them and they really motivate us!

RSS Feed </> Embed