Austin Communication Group

Austin Smith

Amazing company!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager/Recruiter
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager/Recruiter

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the pros of working for this company is definitely the company culture that they provide for their employees. Team nights every week really allows their employees to have a great bond and relationship with each other. Their Management Development Program is extremely effective and teaches you not only the skills necessary to succeed with owning an account but also how to grow and develop personally.

Cons

Promotions are not going to come easy, its a lot of hard work and dedication, but well worth it in the long run.

Dec 5, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Keep working hard and success will follow!

Great opportunities! Check them out for yourself!!

I have been working at Austin Communication Group

Pros

Austin Communication Group is great because it provides me with opportunities to grow and gain experience. As soon as I graduated college, I knew I lacked experience and knowledge in the business atmosphere, as soon as they called me I was excited. To be honest, I did look at their reviews and like every company, they had those bad reviews. Putting that aside and coming into my interview was one of the best decisions I made, I met some amazing people and am working towards developing myself and my career.

Cons

Work hard and get rewarded, that's it. If your looking for a position where you can "slip by" this isn't the place for you.

I love that y'all are very nice and professional. I love the outside the office activities!

Just call it what it is, DOOR TO DOOR

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, very motivating and young. A people helping people business which sounds good in theory. It is hard work and looks great on a resume.

Cons

its sales; so obviously your pay is going to change based on how well you do, but there are plenty more sales jobs that you can make more money and spend less time working. It wasn't until I could take a step back from it all and realize it is a bit brainwashy (if that's even a word). You'll play dress up in the mornings for 3 hours and change into more comfortable clothes to go door to door. Their reasoning for playing dress up is what if other business owners and CEOs walk in, you want to give them the impression that they don't know who the boss is because everyone is dressed professional. You would really have to care what other people think about you to buy in to this idea. It's also another way to glorify your position form what you really do, and that's door to door sales. They'll try to convince you that if this "opportunity" isn't for you than go work at some "desk job". It's just their way of saying don't leave them because they need employees. They're always hiring. I wouldn't say that they hire just anyone but if you have a half a brain, dress decent, aren't a complete bum and can talk to people then chances are you'll be invited back for a "2nd round interview". All that consists of is if basically you can last 8 hours dressed nice going door to door and your still slightly interested than the job is all yours. The time is extremely demanding as well. I would say about 80 percent of the employees if not higher currently have no social life other than work. Partially because they came into the business with no social life to begin with which is why they love working there. There is a "mandatory team night" as well as whatever team your placed on they have nights where they get together and do things. So in other words they make you hangout with people outside of work. If nothing else this company makes a great buddy system for those without the social life. I've kept in touch with more than a handful or people that have left the business and the feeling is unanimous among all the former employees. The compensation can absolutely be rewarding......if you are extremely consistent sales (which a select few are) and assuming you have a lot sales if your cancel percentage is low (which even fewer are). All in all this isn't the only business that you can be successful in, take it from me who worked there for over 6 months and was led to believe that this was my best opportunity in life and if I quit then there'd only be desk jobs left for me, I've since left and have been successful almost immediately and work half the hours I used to and love the people I work with without being forced to.

Don't hype people up on the opportunity being easy and fast. Id like to see the percentage of people that become successful from this business compared to the ones that don't. Plus don't have current employees forcefully fill out positive glassdoor and facebook reviews to make the company look good.

Dec 5, 2014CEO

Unfortunately, this is again has a lot of false information. This is a management training position that involves direct sales and marketing, but in no way is it a cult-like situation. Also, Texas ... More

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Definitely an awesome place to work if you want to learn and advance within a career. Its a very active and high energy environment with a lot of encouragement and positivity. It's perfect if you want to own a business one day. I've made some amazing connections and relationships while working here.

Cons

You have to work hard. This isn't for people who want the typical, boring job.

Oct 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed working with us here at Austin Communication Group. We value your kind words and appreciate all of your hard work!

Was only here for two days.

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very professional staff and environment. Lots of room to grow.

Cons

It is a 100% commission job. It's a door to door sales of AT&T bundles, for example: Uverse.

Don't make people go for the second day of the job with professional clothes, when they are walking for 6 hours a neighborhood, knocking on doors.

Oct 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for letting us know the different things you liked about our company.We would like to let you know that this is NOT just a 100% commissioned residential sales job. We actually offer ... More

Great place to learn and grow!

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is exciting and will make you want to come to work everyday. The management team is extremely committed to helping everyone one of their employees grow and develop as leaders in the company and eventually into management. This entry-level position is a great place to start a career and learn all of the aspects of managing a business. Austin Communication's teaches sales, marketing, recruiting, HR, team development and personal/professional development as well.

Cons

The hours are longer than most. Commitment to time and growth is the best way to excel.

Keep up the great work! I am excited to see the growth for this company.

Sep 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for your response! We appreciate your taking the time to write about your experience working with Austin Communication Group. We are glad you had a positive experience with us and we are ... More

Incomparable experience! Caring and dedicated people with high integrity!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people running this office have the highest integrity and best vision of any company I have ever worked with. Be wary of people posting negative reviews- they are people who didn't have the work ethic or positive attitude to succeed. All it takes to be successful here is a willingness to learn, a thriving work ethic, and an unbeatable attitude.

I came into this business with an MBA and no viable experience to be hired at a Fortune 500 company, so I was thrilled that ACG would take me in and train me into management. I gained over a year of experience learning communication skills, leadership development, and management styles. Needless to say, I think this is a great step for anyone looking to challenge themselves, or gain the experience to run a company one day.

Cons

This is hard work! Believe it or not, CEO's and Presidents had to work their way up starting from the bottom. I am thankful for the humbling experience of having to earn my way to the top. It made success that much sweeter!

Team Nights are always fun! I loved trampoline dodgeball and sand volleyball. Please keep up the work-family environment as it was very helpful in gaining friends when I was new to the city!

Aug 22, 2014CEO

Thank you for your hard work and honesty. It's awesome to get validation that the hardworking people who sought out and understood their opportunity really gained the valuable experience we aim to ... More

I did not like how this company did not pay me for the time I offered.

Current Employee - ACCOUNT MANAGER(But IT IS Really Door to Door Sales) in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group (less than an year)

Pros

I loved the people and felt comfortable talking with them. There is a can-do attitude which makes everyone feel, at first, like this is the place to be. Being around like minded people was great.

Cons

This job is extremely time demanding. If you have anything else you prioritize, this job isn't for you. There isn't much time to eat, let alone go to any doctors appointments.

Management should consider providing some sort of incentive to stay during the first week of training.

Sep 29, 2014CEO

While we thank you for your kinds words about our motivational environment, we would be more than happy to privately discuss the terms of payment with you in person or over the phone. When you called ... More

This is Door-to-Door Sales, but it works for some people...just not me.

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is positive and the managers are very involved and want you to succeed.

Cons

It is Door-to-Door sales. After I told my significant other what I was doing, he bought me a knife and pepper spray to protect myself at night, yes at night, when I was going door to door.

It is 100% commission based (this could be a pro if you like to sell) I wasn't great at this job so this is a con for me. I felt very uncomfortable going to random people's houses, especially at night in downtown Austin. The trainers and managers kept saying 'you'll be fine' and 'dont worry about it.'

We would have to go to neighborhoods that were "No Soliciting" and had to sell anyways. I got the cops called on me once and when he pulled me over while I was walking is when I really decided to find something else.

I felt like I was mislead about this job during the phone interview and from what their website says.

The reviews where people are insulting this company are taking their opinions too far. IF you like sales and dont mind working 70+ hours a week then you may do well. Some of the 'Account Managers' do make good money because they get people to believe them and sell to people who will listen.

Personally, I like my job now where I get a steady pay check, with benefits and PTO. I like knowing how much my paycheck will be every week. This job is not for everyone, but some people do excell at it.

Just to be upfront about what you do and let people know that they will be selling until after dark. (I don't know if you still are required to walk around until 9pm or not).

Sep 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for posting this review. We are glad you enjoyed the environment and the management team, however we are upset you felt unsafe at any point during your time working with us. We make sure ... More

Potential life changing career

Former Employee - Team Leader and Trainer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader and Trainer in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make money and gain great experience just by working hard and having a good attitude. The work environment is awesome and you'll have a great support system. If you have the drive and mentality of doing whatever it takes to win, the growth opportunity is such that you can change your life and your family's life in just 1 or 2 years. I've seen it happen multiple times.

Cons

The downside is if you have a bad attitude or are lazy you will not get anything out the company. Hours are long, so if you want a 40 hr a week desk job, look elsewhere.

Do what you do