Austin Communication Group

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Austin Smith

Amazing Atmosphere

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe culture is amazing, work hard, play hard 100%. It is great showing up to work every day with positive people who are goal-oriented and want to succeed. That is hard to find in some jobs. The growth is amazing, in just the last 6 months I have seen 4 people get to move up and run their own branch office. It is great to see.

ConsNobody likes rejection, but in sales, it is part of the game. I have learned that with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic though you can make it fun and become successful regardless.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making the office fun, and continue to let others share their ideas.

Potential life changing career

Team Leader and Trainer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsYou can make money and gain great experience just by working hard and having a good attitude. The work environment is awesome and you'll have a great support system. If you have the drive and mentality of doing whatever it takes to win, the growth opportunity is such that you can change your life and your family's life in just 1 or 2 years. I've seen it happen multiple times.

ConsThe downside is if you have a bad attitude or are lazy you will not get anything out the company. Hours are long, so if you want a 40 hr a week desk job, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you do

Great Opportunity And Professional Development"

Team Leader and Trainer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIncredible work environment. Very professional. Performance based, NO politics involved. HUGE opportunity for growth. Extremely Fun and positive Co workers. Company Networking and opportunity to Travel.

ConsPushes you to work and lead because pay and advancement to management are Incentive based - which is in no way a con if you are willing to work hard! Nothing is given to you; everything has to be earned.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quite literally the best job I've ever had with the coolest coworkers ever

ProsThere's so much long term potential with this career it's ridiculous. I have the opportunity to open my own office and end up making 6 figures in about 2 years without a degree or experience. Not only that, it's the coolest environment ever. I get paid to have fun.

ConsWell there are some high expectations, but that was only a con at first. Eventually it just made me push that much harder towards success. So I guess that really comes down to how you take it.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep doing what you're doing, you motivate me more than you know. I strive to be like you guys and you remind me everyday what I want my life to be like 10 years from now.

Job description is a misdirection

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- Fun group of people
    - Extensive hands-on training
    - Weekly group/team events

Cons- Not an office job, expect to spend 40+ hours/ week walking outside
    - You are labeled as an account manager but you are really a door to door salesman.
    - You don't need a college degree to do this.
    - Salary can and will fluctuate; can depend on how lucky you get
    - Work on Saturdays

Advice to Senior Management- First part of the day is unnecessary, why come to work dressed in business attire if everyone is going to be wearing ATT polos and shorts? You don't need to doll it up so much, this job is what it is.

It is a cult, please listen to the bad reviews

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros. You will lose yourself to this cult. The people you work with will be your only friends, the pro is the friendship I guess.

ConsLong hours. A ridiculous amount of work hours, and outside work hours you are expected to attend team events. You arrive at 9:00a.m to go through weird marketing rituals, typically won't get home until 10:30 p.m. It is door to door sales, meaning you disturb good honest people as a means to sell the At&t cable and internet. This type of work will damage your character, I speak from experience. Absolutely no benefits, and NEVER will be. This is a scam, most people want to be more independent, to be free, and prosper in life, but that in no way means running a door to door office will get you there. This job will tale advantage of whatever vision you have, and ultimately turn you into a monster of a human being.

Advice to Senior ManagementAustin please wake up.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Misleading, cult-like door to door sales jobs

ACCOUNT MANAGER(But IT IS Really Door to Door Sales) (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsMost people end up working super long hours and making basically nothing here. Borderline con artists. Empty promises of success when its simply just a door to door marketing job that any high schooler could do. There are no pros. This is essentially a branch of Cydcor.

ConsFalse promises, tons of time wasting activities, extremely low pay. There are no redeeming qualities really and this company is honestly very cult like in many ways. They work people 60+ hours a week then expect participation in group activities outside of work. Ugh, who wants to be with their coworkers all the time? With one day off a week, I would want to spend time away from them.

Advice to Senior Managementbe up front about what your company actually is. Stop trying to pretend you're not just a branch of Cydcor

Rewarding Challenge

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe work environment is fantastic. I came in as a new graduate and they were willing to teach me how to communicate better not only at work but also in regards to my personal life!

The people genuinely liked to spend time together outside of the office and they helped me step outside my comfort zone with "team nights". They genuinely care and are all funny and entertaining to be around.

I had the opportunity to earn more and be self-reliant. I stunned my family in my abilities and was able to grow in the business world, even when my major had NOTHING to do with sales, business, or marketing and had NO experience in management.

ConsYou have to bring your "A-game" everyday and, even when you feel sluggish, they are going to demand you to be the best version of yourself everyday.

You're constantly pushing your comfort zone (in the best way possible) so you're constantly a little uncomfortable.

Great atmosphere and tons of opportunity!

ProsWorking for ACG is comparable to attending business school. The managers and leaders take their time and put in a lot of effort in developing future business owners and making sure that everyone in the company reaches their professional and business goals. The atmosphere of the office focuses on team building, networking, strong work ethic and positive attitude at all times. It is a breath of fresh air to be a part of a company that focuses on adding value to others and providing opportunity for those who have earned it. I am constantly surrounded by the most competitive, hard working and highly motivated group of people. As a bonus, we have a lot of fun during team nights!

ConsThe company sets a very high standard on their expectations when it comes to their employees.

Hands on experience in direct marketing and leadership development

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThis company allowed me to enhance my interpersonal communication skills as a foundation for leadership and managerial development. I experienced all aspects of direct marketing and sales all awhile learning how to recruit, train, and manage a team of my own. The growth within the company is all within and achieved at your own pace. Opportunities present themselves to all those who are willing to work hard.

ConsYou must be willing to accept challenges and put in a full-days effort.

Worked for Austin Communication Group? Contribute to the Community!