Austin Communication Group

4.0

Austin Smith

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Definitely an awesome place to work if you want to learn and advance within a career. Its a very active and high energy environment with a lot of encouragement and positivity. It's perfect if you want to own a business one day. I've made some amazing connections and relationships while working here.

Cons

You have to work hard. This isn't for people who want the typical, boring job.

Oct 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed working with us here at Austin Communication Group. We value your kind words and appreciate all of your hard work!

Was only here for two days.

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very professional staff and environment. Lots of room to grow.

Cons

It is a 100% commission job. It's a door to door sales of AT&T bundles, for example: Uverse.

Don't make people go for the second day of the job with professional clothes, when they are walking for 6 hours a neighborhood, knocking on doors.

Oct 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for letting us know the different things you liked about our company.We would like to let you know that this is NOT just a 100% commissioned residential sales job. We actually offer ... More

Great place to learn and grow!

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere is exciting and will make you want to come to work everyday. The management team is extremely committed to helping everyone one of their employees grow and develop as leaders in the company and eventually into management. This entry-level position is a great place to start a career and learn all of the aspects of managing a business. Austin Communication's teaches sales, marketing, recruiting, HR, team development and personal/professional development as well.

Cons

The hours are longer than most. Commitment to time and growth is the best way to excel.

Keep up the great work! I am excited to see the growth for this company.

Sep 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for your response! We appreciate your taking the time to write about your experience working with Austin Communication Group. We are glad you had a positive experience with us and we are ... More

Incomparable experience! Caring and dedicated people with high integrity!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people running this office have the highest integrity and best vision of any company I have ever worked with. Be wary of people posting negative reviews- they are people who didn't have the work ethic or positive attitude to succeed. All it takes to be successful here is a willingness to learn, a thriving work ethic, and an unbeatable attitude.

I came into this business with an MBA and no viable experience to be hired at a Fortune 500 company, so I was thrilled that ACG would take me in and train me into management. I gained over a year of experience learning communication skills, leadership development, and management styles. Needless to say, I think this is a great step for anyone looking to challenge themselves, or gain the experience to run a company one day.

Cons

This is hard work! Believe it or not, CEO's and Presidents had to work their way up starting from the bottom. I am thankful for the humbling experience of having to earn my way to the top. It made success that much sweeter!

Team Nights are always fun! I loved trampoline dodgeball and sand volleyball. Please keep up the work-family environment as it was very helpful in gaining friends when I was new to the city!

Aug 22, 2014CEO

Thank you for your hard work and honesty. It's awesome to get validation that the hardworking people who sought out and understood their opportunity really gained the valuable experience we aim to ... More

I did not like how this company did not pay me for the time I offered.

Current Employee - ACCOUNT MANAGER(But IT IS Really Door to Door Sales) in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group (less than an year)

Pros

I loved the people and felt comfortable talking with them. There is a can-do attitude which makes everyone feel, at first, like this is the place to be. Being around like minded people was great.

Cons

This job is extremely time demanding. If you have anything else you prioritize, this job isn't for you. There isn't much time to eat, let alone go to any doctors appointments.

Management should consider providing some sort of incentive to stay during the first week of training.

Sep 29, 2014CEO

While we thank you for your kinds words about our motivational environment, we would be more than happy to privately discuss the terms of payment with you in person or over the phone. When you called ... More

This is Door-to-Door Sales, but it works for some people...just not me.

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is positive and the managers are very involved and want you to succeed.

Cons

It is Door-to-Door sales. After I told my significant other what I was doing, he bought me a knife and pepper spray to protect myself at night, yes at night, when I was going door to door.

It is 100% commission based (this could be a pro if you like to sell) I wasn't great at this job so this is a con for me. I felt very uncomfortable going to random people's houses, especially at night in downtown Austin. The trainers and managers kept saying 'you'll be fine' and 'dont worry about it.'

We would have to go to neighborhoods that were "No Soliciting" and had to sell anyways. I got the cops called on me once and when he pulled me over while I was walking is when I really decided to find something else.

I felt like I was mislead about this job during the phone interview and from what their website says.

The reviews where people are insulting this company are taking their opinions too far. IF you like sales and dont mind working 70+ hours a week then you may do well. Some of the 'Account Managers' do make good money because they get people to believe them and sell to people who will listen.

Personally, I like my job now where I get a steady pay check, with benefits and PTO. I like knowing how much my paycheck will be every week. This job is not for everyone, but some people do excell at it.

Just to be upfront about what you do and let people know that they will be selling until after dark. (I don't know if you still are required to walk around until 9pm or not).

Sep 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for posting this review. We are glad you enjoyed the environment and the management team, however we are upset you felt unsafe at any point during your time working with us. We make sure ... More

Potential life changing career

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make money and gain great experience just by working hard and having a good attitude. The work environment is awesome and you'll have a great support system. If you have the drive and mentality of doing whatever it takes to win, the growth opportunity is such that you can change your life and your family's life in just 1 or 2 years. I've seen it happen multiple times.

Cons

The downside is if you have a bad attitude or are lazy you will not get anything out the company. Hours are long, so if you want a 40 hr a week desk job, look elsewhere.

Do what you do

A fun way to become a professional leader

Former Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone in this business is there to help you succeed. Everyone enjoys their position and it shows through their hard work on and off the clock.

Cons

It takes hard work, not just 99% of the time.. All 100%. It also takes a person who can have and maintain a positive attitude.

Keep doing what your doing.. It helps when we see management working just as hard to help others succeed.

Amazing Atmosphere

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is amazing, work hard, play hard 100%. It is great showing up to work every day with positive people who are goal-oriented and want to succeed. That is hard to find in some jobs. The growth is amazing, in just the last 6 months I have seen 4 people get to move up and run their own branch office. It is great to see.

Cons

Nobody likes rejection, but in sales, it is part of the game. I have learned that with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic though you can make it fun and become successful regardless.

Keep making the office fun, and continue to let others share their ideas.

Great Opportunity And Professional Development"

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredible work environment. Very professional. Performance based, NO politics involved. HUGE opportunity for growth. Extremely Fun and positive Co workers. Company Networking and opportunity to Travel.

Cons

Pushes you to work and lead because pay and advancement to management are Incentive based - which is in no way a con if you are willing to work hard! Nothing is given to you; everything has to be earned.

Austin Communication Group Photos