Austin Communication Group

Great experience

Former Employee - Entry Level in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Entry Level in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group

Pros

There is a great mix of teamwork and independence with this company. They manage to bring the whole office together in a great friendly way. The meetings are always organized to be fun for the employees but extremely informational as well. I had a personal coach Mike who has been with the company for several years and is completely dedicated to what they do. It was refreshing and fun to be working with someone who is so in love with what he does. Mike was working with me day and night and he was a great resource for me. He was always available to answer questions I had and it was obvious he wanted me to become the best I could be. What I loved most about the company is they never let me lose sight of what my real goal was. I have a degree in geology and moved to Austin to pursue a career in the field. I made this clear to them when they hired me and it was never a problem; in fact they honed my personal skills in a direction that helped me get my dream job. If you are looking to grow as a individual I highly suggest working with ACG. Personally, I had a short stay with ACG; the only reason I left is because I got hired as a hydrogeologist faster than I anticipated. In my stay at ACG they taught me skills I will carry with me throughout my entire life. I used techniques they taught me in my interviews and I honestly believe this is why I got hired. You can be as smart as the day is long but if you cannot talk or relate to people you will always struggle in the work force. The owners and managers focus on each individual they take on and help develop them in the direction you chose. It was a great feeling having the owners and managers send me off with a big congratulations. They helped me get to where I wanted to be and i honestly felt like there was a mutual sense of gratitude we have for each other.

Cons

You have to work hard to be successful in this company. If you can introduce me to a company that you don't have to work hard for to be successful in, I will quit my job right now and come work for you.

Advice to Management

Keep taking everyone out for wings and beer every week, that never sucks.

Jul 6, 2015 – CEO

We greatly appreciate the words you wrote to us and appreciate your very positive feedback. It is always important for us to leave people in good standings and having learned skills they did not ... More

2. Awesome

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time

Pros

Cool place to work. Nice coworkers. Good looking boss.

Cons

Very long hours. Work saturdays.

3. Brainwashed

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much at all

Cons

Door to Door Sales trying to get people to switch to AT&T and I'm sure the ratings are good cause current employees self rate it.

Advice to Management

Tell people the truth don't sugar coat what you actually do

Looking for personal and professional growth? This is the PERFECT job for you!

Former Employee - Director of Recruiting in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Recruiting in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am so grateful for the nearly 3 years I worked at Austin Communication Group. I started working here right after moving across the country and immediately felt welcomed by a huge network that felt more like a family than any other job I'd had. I started entry level, and was pushed every day and every week to get better. I never had to compete with a single person except for my former self. The network of coaching and resources we had available at ACG has helped me grow into a confident, valuable, highly skilled recruiter. I can honestly say that I learned more in the 3 years at Austin Communication Group than I did in the 4 years of college. I am so thankful for the people who helped me gain this skill set, and who always challenged me to be better people. Both Austin and Neha have been the most supportive friends and mentors I've ever had and they both work tirelessly to help their people achieve their goals. I will always bet on the two of them to make things happen with the team!

Cons

You are not entitled to anything and you have to work hard to get what you want from this business. I know that might be intimidating, but I don't think we live in a world where you'll get handed the dream job just from having a college degree. You have to prove your worth by working hard, leading with integrity and a positive attitude, and continuously be studying to be a better person. Going into this business I had never thought I had an entrepreneurial mindset and I didn't know what a life in sales would look like. I was challenged in ways that I never experienced in other jobs and it forced me to step up and become the leader I always wanted to be. So, if you don't want to work hard or take time to invest in yourself, this probably won't be a good fit. This job isn't for everyone- so don't take it personally! I loved this job and would hate to see someone pass it up because they are scared to challenge themselves. Challenge yourself and good things happen!

Advice to Management

I don't have much advice to the management other than to keep on being the best support team for each other and help each other hit some huge goals! Thanks for all the help and guidance you've given me and I hope I can make you proud in my next endeavor into the recruiting world. I'll never be able to replace the work-family I had at ACG!

Jun 25, 2015 – CEO

We definitely appreciated all the hard work you did over your time here and are very happy to see you be successful in the future. Needless to say, without you our office is not going to be the same ... More

A complete joke

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros, only a cult of people who are brainwashed into thinking that their time is actually valued and they will get somewhere if they "work hard enough". It's really pathetic actually.

Cons

DOOR TO DOOR SALES. Which is not necessarily a bad job, but if you bust your butt all day and make no sales, you don't get paid at all. Your success rate is almost entirely based on other people and their integrity. How is that in any way fair? My success is determined on if 4 or 5 other people are accountable? What a joke. Also, don't expect any free time. When you get off work at 9:30-10 pm after being there since 10:30 am, you're forced to go to mandatory team nights, and team building nights. If you don't, you will be confronted in front of everyone. Very immature place to work in, don't expect anyone to tell you the truth.

Advice to Management

Grow up.

Jun 25, 2015 – CEO

First, we apologize sincerely that you found our workplace immature and not able to help you grow as an individual. We always try to part ways with employees on a positive note and are wildly ... More

My experience so far working here has been very uplifting and challenging .

I have been working at Austin Communication Group

Pros

Personal Growth, Work Environment , Training , Doni , Dena , and Jennie

Cons

I wouldn't change anything !

A lying and awful business

I worked at Austin Communication Group

Pros

If you enjoy lying and screwing people over then this is the job for you. If your highest aspiration is to be like the guys on wolf of wall street this is for you. This job is for those who are okay lying to total strangers just to make a few bucks themself while at the expense of hundreds of dollars for the customer not to mention time after time of having people come and install and uninstall equipment into their home. This job is for those who are okay with hustling and cheating their way to the top. And this job is for those who are okay with the boss who lies to new employees about a bonus that he snakes his way out of.

Cons

If you have any morals or values whatsoever this job will not be for you. if you cannot lie to stranger stay straight through your teeth this job is not for you . if you cannot screw someone out of hundreds of dollars just for the sake of your own paycheck this job is not for you . if you want a job that's rewarding and that you feel good about earning your money this job is not for you. if you are looking for a job where your boss actually pays you your bonuses this job is not for you. if you're looking for a job where they actually pay you what you earned this job is not for you.

Feb 2, 2015 – CEO

While we appreciate that everyone has the right to state their opinion on Glassdoor, we find this review to be completely unsubstantial and malicious towards both us and our employees. A number of ... More

2 years and landed my dream job

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Communication Skills- I had previous experience at former employers in communications but here I had to learn how to listen effectively and understand the art of communication. * Leadership development- Once i gained the proper skills in communicating with customers, I was pushed to be able to transfer my knowledge unto others and help them grow. These skills actually were able to help beyond my professional life and helped me personally learn effective communication in every relationship. * Conferences- Leadership development conferences where you get a chance to network with like-minded motivated people who are willing to help you develop and grow. * Opportunity- The opportunity, although difficult, is very real. * Self- Awareness- This job makes you really face your flaws, which is one of the biggest challenges to face when I learned it was more than just mastering sales. This position teaches someone how to hit their own goals while also helping someone else hit theirs too. You have to constantly be aware of your faults so you can maximize on your strengths to help develop others. * Management- Through the skills I learned in coaching and interviewing potential candidates, I learned the skill sets I needed to pursue my dream goal of a start-up nonprofit organization. The position taught me what qualities to look for in a candidate, how to transfer knowledge to others, and how to handle the everyday finances and mechanics it takes to run a company on the back end. * Benefits are offered after 90 days * Compensation!!!!!!!!!- The pay was extremely competitive with tons of bonuses. I was able to make the same amount in one week as I did working 80 hours at my previous employer. I worked on the commission plus bonus structure that was offered and averaged about $800/week after taxes were taken out. I worked hard and sometimes it felt that I was being overworked, but then I always remembered that I worked double the hours for the same pay the year before. * People are fun, active, and actually enjoy hanging out with each other

Cons

*I enjoyed the high energy of the office but felt that, with so many people working together, it was difficult to build a relationship with everyone. * Maybe give information for training to people before they start so they can already know some information before jumping in to the training program. There's a lot to learn in a short amount of time. * Promotions were fair and straight forward.

Advice to Management

Have more barbeques and paint ball outings! I loved that we held competitions that ended with such fun rewards like going to NBA games, NFL games, paint balling, and travel to other offices.

Not an enjoyable experience

I worked at Austin Communication Group

Pros

Dress code, make your own schedule, mobility

Cons

Door to door sales, danger ous, bothersome to people

Advice to Management

Try a different approach

Mar 6, 2015 – CEO

We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with our company. If you would like to send us an email personally as to why and any specific suggestions that we can implement for the future, we ... More

Amazing company!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager/Recruiter
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager/Recruiter

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros of working for this company is definitely the company culture that they provide for their employees. Team nights every week really allows their employees to have a great bond and relationship with each other. Their Management Development Program is extremely effective and teaches you not only the skills necessary to succeed with owning an account but also how to grow and develop personally.

Cons

Promotions are not going to come easy, its a lot of hard work and dedication, but well worth it in the long run.

Dec 5, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Keep working hard and success will follow!

RSS Feed </> Embed