Austin Communication Group

Updated March 4, 2015
Updated March 4, 2015
4.2

Austin Smith

A lying and awful business

I worked at Austin Communication Group

Pros

If you enjoy lying and screwing people over then this is the job for you. If your highest aspiration is to be like the guys on wolf of wall street this is for you. This job is for those who are okay lying to total strangers just to make a few bucks themself while at the expense of hundreds of dollars for the customer not to mention time after time of having people come and install and uninstall equipment into their home. This job is for those who are okay with hustling and cheating their way to the top. And this job is for those who are okay with the boss who lies to new employees about a bonus that he snakes his way out of.

Cons

If you have any morals or values whatsoever this job will not be for you. if you cannot lie to stranger stay straight through your teeth this job is not for you . if you cannot screw someone out of hundreds of dollars just for the sake of your own paycheck this job is not for you . if you want a job that's rewarding and that you feel good about earning your money this job is not for you. if you are looking for a job where your boss actually pays you your bonuses this job is not for you. if you're looking for a job where they actually pay you what you earned this job is not for you.

Feb 2, 2015CEO

While we appreciate that everyone has the right to state their opinion on Glassdoor, we find this review to be completely unsubstantial and malicious towards both us and our employees. A number of ... More

Transferable skills

Current Employee - Former Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Former Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company provided me with a great leadership opportunity to use everything I learned in college. After learning the structure of the company, I actually interviewed different types of candidates. The Manager ended up hiring some of them and I was selected to train them on the campaign knowledge and client presentations. I'm proud of all the accomplishments I now have on my resume from the training process and appreciate all the coaching I received.

Cons

I'm going to miss the traveling and fun people. Even though I am no longer with ACG, I'm excited about the people I met and the experiences I had.

I can see why people succeed in your company, keep expecting high standards!

Feb 20, 2015CEO

Thank you so much for this review! We are glad that you were able to take so much out of working with us and hope that all the skills you gained here will help you prosper with your next career!

great experience

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Austin Communication Group

Pros

I worked with ACG for over two years. It was my first job out of college. Graduating with my bachelors I thought everyone would hire me, and the case was the opposite. Employers want experience, skills and strong work ethic. This isn't something you hear when you sign up for 4 years and at least 20k later. I worked with ACG and was able to get experience that catapulted me into a different career field successfully. ACG will teach you to stand out and show your "cajones". I'm lucky to have worked there while I did because now I will have the life skills that will benefit me for the rest of my life.

Cons

Everything is true. ACG is not the easiest. You work hard, a lot and have little time to yourself. But it pays off. No person that comes through ACG's doors is not stronger after at least a month there. Just don't be a wimp and you can do it.

Have more office barbeques. Food makes everyone happier.

Think for Yourself and Create Your Own Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked at this company for over 2 years and absolutely love this opportunity. I graduated with a Bachelor's degree, took some MBA courses, interned at a major Fortune 500 company, and then took this position. I can honestly say being in this business for two years has taught me so much and has given me very marketable skills. Yes, I am an Account Manager and I have to work really hard to meet with lead-based customers, and I have to come to work every day in a suit and actually stretch myself out of my comfort zone. If you are not looking for personal AND professional growth, then believe what you read on the internet and don't waste your time. If you do want to push yourself, gain communication skills, learn about leadership skills, and gain management experience, this is a great position for you.

Cons

You are asked to work really hard. This position is meant for entrepreneurial-minded people who are self-starters and love a challenge. While there is nothing wrong with a desk job, this just isn't even marketed as one. Any ad, manager, or employee would give you the same message. If you are looking for a growth opportunity and a great work environment and a systematic way to make a great living, then this is a great position for you.

Stay honest. Keep challenging us because it is clearly helping us grow. Don't be deterred by negative people just because their goals didn't align with the company's. Keep investing in our growth, knowledge, and futures.

Jan 19, 2015CEO

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are extremely grateful to have made a positive impact on your life and hope you continue to have success and grow with our company!

Not an enjoyable experience

I worked at Austin Communication Group

Pros

Dress code, make your own schedule, mobility

Cons

Door to door sales, danger ous, bothersome to people

Try a different approach

Amazing company!

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager/Recruiter
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager/Recruiter

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros of working for this company is definitely the company culture that they provide for their employees. Team nights every week really allows their employees to have a great bond and relationship with each other. Their Management Development Program is extremely effective and teaches you not only the skills necessary to succeed with owning an account but also how to grow and develop personally.

Cons

Promotions are not going to come easy, its a lot of hard work and dedication, but well worth it in the long run.

Dec 5, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Keep working hard and success will follow!

Great opportunities! Check them out for yourself!!

I have been working at Austin Communication Group

Pros

Austin Communication Group is great because it provides me with opportunities to grow and gain experience. As soon as I graduated college, I knew I lacked experience and knowledge in the business atmosphere, as soon as they called me I was excited. To be honest, I did look at their reviews and like every company, they had those bad reviews. Putting that aside and coming into my interview was one of the best decisions I made, I met some amazing people and am working towards developing myself and my career.

Cons

Work hard and get rewarded, that's it. If your looking for a position where you can "slip by" this isn't the place for you.

I love that y'all are very nice and professional. I love the outside the office activities!

Feb 20, 2015CEO

We are very glad you came in too, despite some of the reviews that have been posted. We hope that you will have continued success with our company and, through hard work, will grow tremendously both ... More

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Definitely an awesome place to work if you want to learn and advance within a career. Its a very active and high energy environment with a lot of encouragement and positivity. It's perfect if you want to own a business one day. I've made some amazing connections and relationships while working here.

Cons

You have to work hard. This isn't for people who want the typical, boring job.

Oct 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed working with us here at Austin Communication Group. We value your kind words and appreciate all of your hard work!

Just call it what it is, DOOR TO DOOR

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, very motivating and young. A people helping people business which sounds good in theory. It is hard work and looks great on a resume.

Cons

its sales; so obviously your pay is going to change based on how well you do, but there are plenty more sales jobs that you can make more money and spend less time working. It wasn't until I could take a step back from it all and realize it is a bit brainwashy (if that's even a word). You'll play dress up in the mornings for 3 hours and change into more comfortable clothes to go door to door. Their reasoning for playing dress up is what if other business owners and CEOs walk in, you want to give them the impression that they don't know who the boss is because everyone is dressed professional. You would really have to care what other people think about you to buy in to this idea. It's also another way to glorify your position form what you really do, and that's door to door sales. They'll try to convince you that if this "opportunity" isn't for you than go work at some "desk job". It's just their way of saying don't leave them because they need employees. They're always hiring. I wouldn't say that they hire just anyone but if you have a half a brain, dress decent, aren't a complete bum and can talk to people then chances are you'll be invited back for a "2nd round interview". All that consists of is if basically you can last 8 hours dressed nice going door to door and your still slightly interested than the job is all yours. The time is extremely demanding as well. I would say about 80 percent of the employees if not higher currently have no social life other than work. Partially because they came into the business with no social life to begin with which is why they love working there. There is a "mandatory team night" as well as whatever team your placed on they have nights where they get together and do things. So in other words they make you hangout with people outside of work. If nothing else this company makes a great buddy system for those without the social life. I've kept in touch with more than a handful or people that have left the business and the feeling is unanimous among all the former employees. The compensation can absolutely be rewarding......if you are extremely consistent sales (which a select few are) and assuming you have a lot sales if your cancel percentage is low (which even fewer are). All in all this isn't the only business that you can be successful in, take it from me who worked there for over 6 months and was led to believe that this was my best opportunity in life and if I quit then there'd only be desk jobs left for me, I've since left and have been successful almost immediately and work half the hours I used to and love the people I work with without being forced to.

Don't hype people up on the opportunity being easy and fast. Id like to see the percentage of people that become successful from this business compared to the ones that don't. Plus don't have current employees forcefully fill out positive glassdoor and facebook reviews to make the company look good.

Dec 5, 2014CEO

We appreciate the feedback you have for us. Never has a team night or outside event been mandatory, so we apologize if that is how it seemed while you were employed with us.

Also, you are
    ... More

Was only here for two days.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very professional staff and environment. Lots of room to grow.

Cons

It is a 100% commission job. It's a door to door sales of AT&T bundles, for example: Uverse.

Don't make people go for the second day of the job with professional clothes, when they are walking for 6 hours a neighborhood, knocking on doors.

Oct 16, 2014CEO

Thank you for letting us know the different things you liked about our company.We would like to let you know that this is NOT just a 100% commissioned residential sales job. We actually offer ... More

Austin Communication Group Photos