Austin Communication Group

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014

4.3

Austin Smith

Incomparable experience! Caring and dedicated people with high integrity!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

The people running this office have the highest integrity and best vision of any company I have ever worked with. Be wary of people posting negative reviews- they are people who didn't have the work ethic or positive attitude to succeed. All it takes to be successful here is a willingness to learn, a thriving work ethic, and an unbeatable attitude.

I came into this business with an MBA and no viable experience to be hired at a Fortune 500 company, so I was thrilled that ACG would take me in and train me into management. I gained over a year of experience learning communication skills, leadership development, and management styles. Needless to say, I think this is a great step for anyone looking to challenge themselves, or gain the experience to run a company one day.

Cons

This is hard work! Believe it or not, CEO's and Presidents had to work their way up starting from the bottom. I am thankful for the humbling experience of having to earn my way to the top. It made success that much sweeter!

Team Nights are always fun! I loved trampoline dodgeball and sand volleyball. Please keep up the work-family environment as it was very helpful in gaining friends when I was new to the city!

Great for entry-level, little experience

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

I just worked some retail and waiter jobs in college, so I don't really have any experience after graduating college. I was looking for a company with a solid training program with proven results.

Cons

This position is hard work. However, I played sports growing up so I'm used to working hard.

I'm extremely competitive. More competitions! More competitions!

Potential life changing career

Former Employee - Team Leader and Trainer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader and Trainer in Austin, TX

Pros

You can make money and gain great experience just by working hard and having a good attitude. The work environment is awesome and you'll have a great support system. If you have the drive and mentality of doing whatever it takes to win, the growth opportunity is such that you can change your life and your family's life in just 1 or 2 years. I've seen it happen multiple times.

Cons

The downside is if you have a bad attitude or are lazy you will not get anything out the company. Hours are long, so if you want a 40 hr a week desk job, look elsewhere.

Do what you do

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A fun way to become a professional leader

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX

Pros

Everyone in this business is there to help you succeed. Everyone enjoys their position and it shows through their hard work on and off the clock.

Cons

It takes hard work, not just 99% of the time.. All 100%. It also takes a person who can have and maintain a positive attitude.

Keep doing what your doing.. It helps when we see management working just as hard to help others succeed.

Great Opportunity And Professional Development"

Former Employee - Team Leader and Trainer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader and Trainer in Austin, TX

Pros

Incredible work environment. Very professional. Performance based, NO politics involved. HUGE opportunity for growth. Extremely Fun and positive Co workers. Company Networking and opportunity to Travel.

Cons

Pushes you to work and lead because pay and advancement to management are Incentive based - which is in no way a con if you are willing to work hard! Nothing is given to you; everything has to be earned.

Quite literally the best job I've ever had with the coolest coworkers ever

Pros

There's so much long term potential with this career it's ridiculous. I have the opportunity to open my own office and end up making 6 figures in about 2 years without a degree or experience. Not only that, it's the coolest environment ever. I get paid to have fun.

Cons

Well there are some high expectations, but that was only a con at first. Eventually it just made me push that much harder towards success. So I guess that really comes down to how you take it.

Just keep doing what you're doing, you motivate me more than you know. I strive to be like you guys and you remind me everyday what I want my life to be like 10 years from now.

Amazing Atmosphere

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

The culture is amazing, work hard, play hard 100%. It is great showing up to work every day with positive people who are goal-oriented and want to succeed. That is hard to find in some jobs. The growth is amazing, in just the last 6 months I have seen 4 people get to move up and run their own branch office. It is great to see.

Cons

Nobody likes rejection, but in sales, it is part of the game. I have learned that with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic though you can make it fun and become successful regardless.

Keep making the office fun, and continue to let others share their ideas.

These reviews are jokes from current employees who get gift cards for writing good reviews

Former Employee - ACCOUNT MANAGER(But IT IS Really Door to Door Sales)  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - ACCOUNT MANAGER(But IT IS Really Door to Door Sales) in Austin, TX

Pros

- FUN! Young "talented" people who love to play dress up in the mornings and then play salesperson in the afternoon, and party animal cult leader at night

- INVALUABLE lessons on life, trust, and deception

- You might get hot chocolate from the people you are going door to door to

- You might get a shotgun pointed at you (but you're in it for the experience, right?)

Cons

Where to start.

- 100% commission. You can walk for 12 hours in a sketchy neighborhood who already know that your AT&T deals are more expensive than what you can get online, and still come out at the end of the day with ZERO income. Your manager and peers will say you were lazy, didn't try hard enough, or that the "law of averages" was not in your favor that day. And you will believe it.

- The people there make an average of $300/week working a 70 hour week. Don't let them fool you into thinking they make any more than that, except the ONE person in the office making $700/week...maybe.

- You basically go into work to play games like Trivia, Ninja, Telephone, charades... You're dressed up so you think you feel like you're at work and you're getting paid... you're not.

- They'll tell you (and you will believe) that you'd rather make $300/week doing this rather than $700 at a desk job. Trust me, you can still read motivational books at your desk job; you can still talk to people at a desk job; you will realize that not everyone gets fired all the time at desk jobs, like ACG makes you believe.

- The management and your peers will tell you to stop talking to anyone who tells you that door-to-door is not a sustainable way of life (it's not) or that it's not safe (it's not). Your caring family is just looking out for you, and you shut them out because ACG tells you to.

- This is not a job; this is a hobby that might make you money someday - but until then, keep your parents on speed-dial. The "managers" here love people with rich families because that way, you won't threaten to leave when you realize that $300/week isn't enough to live on.

- YOU WILL WORK SATURDAYS, don't believe the ad that says mon-fri.

- Take a step back and realize: it's just a cult that is exploiting your time.

BE HONEST. And never tell ANYONE to cut their family off just because they don't agree in the multi-level marketing scheme. I mean pyramid scheme. I mean whatever you want to call it.

Also, let them know that your deals aren't any better than the deals that these people get in the mail.

And stop bashing other professions. Other jobs have BENEFITS, 401k, and actual potential to steadily support your family. And they're not necessarily boring just because it's not door to door.

Austin Communication Group Response

Aug 13, 2014CEO

While we thank you for taking the time to vent your frustrations, we would like to point out that this is mostly hurtful, and false propaganda. No one receives any instruction to cut off their ... More

Job description is a misdirection

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

- Fun group of people
    - Extensive hands-on training
    - Weekly group/team events

Cons

- Not an office job, expect to spend 40+ hours/ week walking outside
    - You are labeled as an account manager but you are really a door to door salesman.
    - You don't need a college degree to do this.
    - Salary can and will fluctuate; can depend on how lucky you get
    - Work on Saturdays

- First part of the day is unnecessary, why come to work dressed in business attire if everyone is going to be wearing ATT polos and shorts? You don't need to doll it up so much, this job is what it is.

It is a cult, please listen to the bad reviews

Pros

No pros. You will lose yourself to this cult. The people you work with will be your only friends, the pro is the friendship I guess.

Cons

Long hours. A ridiculous amount of work hours, and outside work hours you are expected to attend team events. You arrive at 9:00a.m to go through weird marketing rituals, typically won't get home until 10:30 p.m. It is door to door sales, meaning you disturb good honest people as a means to sell the At&t cable and internet. This type of work will damage your character, I speak from experience. Absolutely no benefits, and NEVER will be. This is a scam, most people want to be more independent, to be free, and prosper in life, but that in no way means running a door to door office will get you there. This job will tale advantage of whatever vision you have, and ultimately turn you into a monster of a human being.

Austin please wake up.

Worked for Austin Communication Group? Contribute to the Community!