Austin Focus

Austin Focus Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Motivation Station - PAID Internships!!!

Marketing Internship (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe company culture is amazing - great positive energy.
    My dose of daily motivation!
    Practical application of market strategies as an internships!

ConsTough to work full time and be in school full time, so I worked as a winter intern and will interning again this summer!

Advice to Senior ManagementI love to compare "internship notes" with my friends - they get coffee, I am gaining actual experience. My parents are super motivated about the mentality and life lessons offered.

Best decision I made since moving to Austin

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey give you real life skills and experience that you can take anywhere and apply to future endeavors. They provide an exciting and fresh environment where you're constantly learning everyday. The staff is extremely friendly and it's obvious that they genuinely care about others growth.

ConsThe hours can be long and I worked most weekends, so I struggled with a work/life balance initially.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice for management would be to continue instilling the values of hard work and setting the example.

Fun, high energy work environment!

ProsI have been a full time employee of The Austin Focus for 8 months. I appreciate the fast-paced environment and supportive atmosphere. My co-workers are all highly motivated and I always come to work with a smile on my face. Management is quick to recognize hard work with praise and bonuses.

ConsThe office recently relocated which has increased my commute.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake me on the company R&R trip to Jamaica this year!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DONT!!!!

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey do provide a positive environment for employees in the AM meeting and people are nice.

Cons-You work 8:30 - 9 PM at times...LONG HOURS/DAYS!

-TERRIBLE PAY...You work your butt off for nearly nothing.

-Your job is to stand in a Sam's club all day and try to sell people the things like pizza, hair straighteners, and pirogues. Basically based on 100% commission.

***This is by far the worst idea I have ever attempted...please don't bother with this company***

The company is great if you like to work long hours, drive a lot, and sell products that are not that great.

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsNice co-workers, opportunities to network (with only people in the company), okay training.

ConsLong hours, traveling far, work in a Sam's like a demo person, company meeting in the morning, every morning, even when you're off

Don't Bother with this 100% commission Job!!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey will hire anyone, mostly on the spot after their 2 part interview process.

ConsThis company is a sales company that pays 100% commission but promises you a FAKE hourly guarantee. I worked at Austin Focus and Infinity One Marketing for several months. (The are the same company.) They change their name every few months to get new recruits. We started out selling Speakers in Sam's Club and then switched to Whip it. These are not Fortune 500 companies.If you like pushing products on people trying to buy groceries then this is the job for you. Don't believe the story of all the Managers and Business owners they create. The last manager quit because they were expecting her to work 90 hours a week. My last complaint is they expect you to drive to Waco and San Antonio every week. I ate up my whole $350 check in gas!!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront with your applicants about the pay and the "Benefits"

Worked for Austin Focus? Contribute to the Community!