Austin Lane Technologies

Add Photos

Austin Beaty

Great Company, Great Opportunities, Great Culture, with Consistent Growth

I have been working at Austin Lane Technologies full-time

ProsAustin Lane is consistently growing (the number for company size that is currently posted is too small). I am excited to see where it is going.

The working atmosphere is really great as there is plenty of comrade going on. This shows during work and outside work. For example, many of my team members play on a kickball team together and those that are not playing (like myself go out and watch).

Senior management has a genuine concern for each employee and consistently pours into team members. They perform one on one evaluations with suggestions on how you as an individual can grow. Regular team buildings occur where senior management go over life skills that we as individuals need at work and outside of work.

What has really spoken volumes to me is that everyone will make a mistake but not everyone is willing to admit their mistakes. I have seen senior management admit their mistakes to us.

ConsI really do not have much in regards of cons. However, sometimes team buildings go over the allotted time

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep team building within the allotted time.

I worked for Austin Lane

Managed Services (Former Employee)

I worked at Austin Lane Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsSmall office - family atmosphere.
Co-workers were very friendly.
Exposure to a wide variety of technologies
Friendly customer base
Management was made up of genuinely good, honest folks.
Management was approachable and offered good coaching.

ConsI wasn't fond of keeping and recording my time every day, but to be fair, everyone recorded their time, including senior management.
Tended to be short-staffed more often than not.

Highly creative environment with varied and interesting work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Austin Lane Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDevelopers are given extensive creative freedom to develop solutions to software issues and when developing new additions to the product. Management is open to embracing new technology, libraries and services when appropriate, and are very much for self-motivated learning and research of these same concepts.

Projects taken on by the team are mostly interesting, and lead to many opportunities for personal advancement in knowledge and skills at no cost to the employee.

Management likes to keep updated on what the team members are working on, but do not go so far as to micro-manage employees. This gives a good feeling that they are aware of all the current projects and will not overload the team.

The office is very close-knit, and all team members are friendly and easy to work with.

Feedback on development decisions and project planning is frequently solicited from the team, and all recommendations are considered seriously.

ConsSmall team size means more responsibility per team member

Legacy internal systems can lead to workflow issues

Little free time to work on personal projects

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on updating development hardware/systems on a more frequent basis

Look at structuring development time to allow for more internal/personal development

Beware.

Tech Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Austin Lane Technologies

ProsSmall company atmosphere and energy, opportunities for growth.

ConsSome dishonest and incompetent management.
Focused more on getting tickets closed ASAP instead of taking the time to get the job done right.
Poor communication and lots of finger pointing.
Senior management doesn't take any responsibility.
High employee turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be honest and do good work.
The office is not an appropriate place to continually offer political opinions. No matter how sincere and deeply held, they end up alienating people, and are always irrelevant to getting work done.

Has potential, but not a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Austin Lane Technologies

ProsNice office
Fun company events
Senior management is very dedicated
Very friendly employees, you'll make good friends.
Small company atmosphere and energy, opportunities for growth.

ConsManagement pressures you to work overtime on a regular basis.
Analyzes where you spend every 15 minutes.
Poor communication and lots of finger pointing.
Senior management doesn't take any responsibility.
High employee turnover in software development.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing your employees and start trusting them to do their best. Command and control style of management doesn't work well in software development.

Worked for Austin Lane Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Austin Lane Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Austin Lane Technologies CEO Austin Beaty. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Austin Lane Technologies employees.