Austin Regional Clinic

1.0
Norman Chenven, M.D.
1 Rating

Drama

Pros

Small clinic system so everyone knows each other.

Cons

No room full for growth. Too much drama.

If I could have found a different place to work in the recession, I would have

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

While I was not paid fairly for what I did, I did receive a pay check. Overtime was available due to the number of people calling in sick.

Cons

Con's consisted of many things. Self insured. This meant when your kid fell off their bike and injured themselves, they called that a preexisting condition. I heard a boy broke a leg playing basketball and they said the same thing. Limited your choice of hospitals to their affiliate. Since I have worked there, I would never be a patient there. Medical Assistants are poorly paid and treated like servants.

Advice to Management

Fire some of the people on the upper rung. Could be the old adage, that it rolls downhill but I prefer to be an optimist and think it is only the few who are horrible people.

It's a hectic job with not many pay raises but pretty good benefits and includes a lot of backstabbing.

Pros

I like the benefits and the paid time off that you accrue. SOME of your coworkers will be like family! Love that aspect...when there is teamwork!

Cons

Hardly any raises. When you do a good job, but your job review still makes you feel like you aren't. The condescending way certain supervisors and good forbid an interim supervisor talks to the subordinates. The drive to work and you feel like you need to bring a box to pack your stuff everyday because they fire people like crazy. Most employees are terrified of certain supervisory personnel. Some of your coworkers will have a bad way of communicating with each other, also. It's like you and your good coworkers are adrift on a little raft falling apart in shark infested water and you are clinging to each other for dear life! That's a typical day here. I recommend you join the float pool, skip the benefits, and avoid the BS.

Advice to Management

Supervise and train nursing supervisors and observe their handling of employees. Most are wonderful, but the bad ones are just so bad. Nurses that eat their young mixed in with the great ones!

Disorganized , dysfunctional ,and an abysmal Company to work for

Current Employee - EMR Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - EMR Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- There really isn't even one.

Cons

- Unprofessional , rude, and highly unresponsive management in EMR department - Low salary, attempts from beginning to cheat employees out of salary and hours - Work environment systems constantly down, leading to constant last minute shifts in hours and locations that are an hour away from one another - Rude , apathetic , and unhelpful HR

Advice to Management

Organize , and actually have a viable work environment instead of calling people after they are at work telling them it has been moved somewhere else.

do not work here. it sucks

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. There is nothing good about this company or the way they care for their patients.

Cons

Everything. There is so much gossip and micromanagement. Now room for growth.

RSS Feed </> Embed