Auto-Chlor System

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jerry L Ivy

Pros
  • Profit sharing is fantastic and wages are competitive(in 12 reviews)

• They pay well, have great benefits and greatly believe in a work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard but fun work and occasional long hours (to be expected if hoping for advancement(in 7 reviews)

• Upper management does very well(in 4 reviews)

A place where you can make a difference.

Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsI work in the Accounting Department in Mt. View. There is a great team spirit here. We work together to improve our systems. Management is open to and encourages us to share our ideas. This is a place where you can see your good ideas, knowledge and experience making a difference on an ongoing basis and also a place where you can learn from others. I have never been bored here.

ConsYou need to have good time management and be able to prioritize your work since this is a busy environment. However, I have not had the experience of being required to work extra hours. I try to work extra at times but this is my choice always. I usually work 8 to 9 hours a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the same optimistic energy.

A mess

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI cant find any, overpriced, ancient technology ,roach infested refurbished equipment.....wash it and put it out boys

ConsTechnology is so antiquated it is hard to believe.....from the equipment , to the daily day to day need for getting the job done.......this company although solvent, is in a downward spiral,in its pigeon hole business model, and its overpriced product line, and it refusal to fairly pay its key people. Training of their techs is non existent , ride along for a week and your on your own.......put 1 piece of equipment in....get three back.......a revolving door of unqualified personnel and garbage refurbished equipment.......harsh but true!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified people and pay them so they want to stay.......the market is full of ex autochlor employees, not because they couldn't cut it, but because they woke up.

The Guys Are "Cooking the Books" on Glassdoor

ProsHR person is preaching to current employees to write positive reviews on Glassdoor to improve image and recruiting efforts.

ConsVery poor senior management and direction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First eight years were good , then the decline happened

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSales is the way to go in this company, the benefits are awesome, the profit sharing is real good too, just cashed out with $80,000+, was a route tech for 4 years, learned 2 basic trades then got promoted to sales, learned more about kitchen design and consulting.

ConsGuys who have been working there for a long time are miserable because of the overload of service calls, they cut overtime and penalize you for everything they can. They fired me for trying to provide more for my family after telling for years I was going to get a raise and never did.

Advice to Senior ManagementEd Ivy, one of the owners, is a great person to work for, however he does not know much of the day to day ops, if he did the branches would run much smoother, the branch managers are overworked and do not delegate responsibilities correctly and when things go wrong all they do is pass the buck, as with the technology, it's like a Mickey Mouse company , the still do not accept credit cards only on emergencies , they don't offer their sales force smartphones, they JUST recently started using a updated handheld printer system, You lost a good salesman who is going to hurt your annual revenue stream BIGTIME!!
    Good luck!

Heavy workload but good people

SSR Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosmoney and benefits are good and coworkers are great. everyone takes care of each other and helps get the job done. you can move up if you ask for it and work hard. stable work. they have profit sharing too so its cool to get a pretty good bonus at the end of the year

Consheavy workload and the technology is old, but it's not that bad. not a job for someone who wants to relax because you have to go go go all the time. on call is rough.

Advice to Senior Managementupgrade the technology and find ways to decrease the workload.

Breaking the Limits of Business

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, OR

ProsThis has been a great company to work for. You are very busy and the days go by fast. You never have to worry about layoffs or lack of work. If you want to work for a company that will push you to be a better person/employee and push you to enhance and work on your talents in business, this is the place for you to work. Auto-Chlor is managed in such a way that they will teach you what has worked but also give you the freedom to add your touch to the job. They listen and learn from you. The culture at Auto-Chlor is that of always be improving, set no limits.

ConsKeep working on the technology upgrades to help employees with their daily jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time. Upper management has helped tremendously in my career at Auto-Chlor.

Family run company that cares about their employees and promotes people with potential.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsGreat leadership, benefits are great in this economy, plenty of opportunity for growth if you are willing to work hard. Nobody asks you to do anything they have not or are not willing to do themselves.

ConsTechnology could use improvements and they are in the process of upgrading this, hiring process for lower level jobs should be less scrutinous than management level.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring process for lower level positions should not be so tough. There is turnover in these positions in every company. Look for a good fit and hire them.

Great place to work and grow!

ProsGood work life balance. Hours can be long from time to time, but nights and weekends are free. Profit sharing is fantastic and wages are competitive. Very successful company, built to last for many years to come.

ConsYou can have a bad day and find yourself working 11-12 hours. Happens more frequently when new and gets better and better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving technologies, start taking credit cards

Tremendous Employees with a Tremendous Purpose

Supervisor/Management (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is a very strong leader in environmental awareness, with complete follow through. As well as a leader in producing the highest quality goods and services in the industry. They invest in their technology, their ethics, and their people. Their cleaning products work better than any other I've ever purchased. The machines are fun to work on, usually, and every employee receives plenty of training. They pay very well and treat employees very well, as often as possible. Their best practices for success are all proven to work. It may sound like a lie, but they truly have enforced honesty out of their employees as often as possible. The positions of Outside sales and SSR, are kind of like running your own business, except that you have a whole force out to help you. They truly value and strive for elite customer service and gain satisfaction from it. Lastly, they have a certain retirement benefit that is unheard of, in a great way, and that comes from the owner and his family, directly.

ConsThe company so far exceeds their competitors that they grow rapidly (not a con, certainly) thus making everyone incredibly busy. It is hard work (not a con, but be aware). You'll want to bring your friends into the business with you (which you'll be well compensated for).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe formulas/practices work and can make for great careers. Just keep hiring.

Stay away from IT department!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsOwners seem nice and friendly. Thursdays they bring in pastries or donuts.

ConsIT department is run like a sweat shop. There is strict timings but you are expected to work much more. They use decade old technology and machines are also quite old. There are lots of 'Processes and Rules and Policies' that you are supposed to know. Mostly all waste of your time. There is no creativity involved what so ever. The head is a good technical guy and likes things done his way. Always micro managing people which can be tough at times. He demands extra unpaid hours with authority. People come and leave in short times. So unless you want to work in a depressing and hostile environment stay AWAY! Not to mention crappy furniture in which you sit for hours.
    The pay is low and benefits are not so great. Profit Sharing is useful if you stick around for 6+ years which is waste of your life in IT department. Stay away and find a better place in Bay Area.

Advice to Senior ManagementIT department can use some training.

Worked for Auto-Chlor System? Contribute to the Community!