Auto-Chlor System

Updated October 11, 2014
Updated October 11, 2014
3.4

Jerry L Ivy

Pros
  • Profit sharing is fantastic and wages are competitive (in 11 reviews)

• The main reason to work here is pretty good benefits and job security (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard but fun work and occasional long hours (to be expected if hoping for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• People that complain and were let go were not giving their best efforts (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company but you can't be afraid of work

Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good benefits, good camaraderie in most offices, reward employees based on performance

Cons

Comp plan for outside sales is less than most companies for the same effort put out

None at this time

Hard work, good pay. NIce people, good company.

Former Employee - Route Sales & Service Tech
    Former Employee - Route Sales & Service Tech

I worked at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has good benefits along with very fair pay.
    Solid Company with long time employees
    They provide uniform and tools needed to do the job

Cons

The days are long and the work is very dirty. .
    There is a lot of heavy lifting of chemicals and supplies.
    You will smell really bad when you come home.

Just don't let personal get spread to thin and overwork your supervisors.

Top Notch Company

Current Employee - SSR in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SSR in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Auto Chlor is a solid company that offers stability to its emplyees. That is difficult to come by in todays Corporate environment. Yes, we work hard but isnt that what you do at WORK? The pay is solid and benefits are great. They also care about family and life/work balance. There is a good management team that works hard to make sure we are all successful. Upper management is engaged and dedicated to us reaching our full potential. The culture is fun with a lot of laughs.

Cons

There aren't any "cons" worth mentioning. Auto Chlor has realistic expectations for their employees. People that complain and were let go were not giving their best efforts. Negativity and laziness is not tolerated. If you aren't willing to learn and grow, it will be difficult to have a career here. This is a group of positive, progressive people. If you view that as a "con", so be it.

Upper management is solid. RVP of Atlanta is dedicated and knowledgeable. Truly willing to coach, teach, and reward.

Former SSR Morton Grove, Il (DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS POSITION, RUN!)

Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative in Morton Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Representative in Morton Grove, IL

I worked at Auto-Chlor System full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staff and upper management seem supportive and positive. Benefits are pretty decent, day goes by pretty fast.

Cons

Management gives false or non-existent feedback on performance. Branch manager gave me a positive review after only three weeks with the company, I thought I was doing well and was let go a week later. The pay is a joke for what your asked to do on a Dailey basis, this includes; lifting a ton of chemicals onto truck first thing in the morning than up and down stairs threw elevators etc. Overtime required pretty much everyday so don't make plans to do anything but go home and sleep after work. So your basically a service tech/salesperson/bill collector. Your encouraged to pressure patrons of the company to buy additional overpriced cleaning products, you the same person who threatens to disable the machine if the don't pay their bill...

Make it clear what you expect from your employees, give them feedback on how their preforming. Train them and train them well. Pay people what's right instead of having such a high turnover. This is not a sign of a strong company.

Very satisfied at Auto-Chlor

Current Employee - Sales and Service Representative
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Representative

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a very sincere appreciation for their employees. The learning curve for all positions is challenging, management is very mindful of the learning curve and always asks for ways to assist the employees. Over the past few years the pay has improved tremendously, benefits continue to get better, the culture is very positive, fun, upbeat and energetic. The equipment and products continue to get better even the vehicles to transport the products have improved. The coworkers are great I have made some really great friends while working here

Cons

Like most of the other posts that I read, the hours are long. However, if you can hang on for about a year the job becomes very enjoyable. The only way to learn this job is through experience, unfortunately those experiences are usually developed while running service calls which can be stressful. The other thing I would list as a "con" is that some customers are just flat out rude even after you bust your a++ to help them out.

Add more positions to help with service calls, installs and rebuilding equipment. Have a way for your employees offer feedback on product needs, development and suggestions on improvement.

Great training, support.

Current Employee - Route Sales & Service Tech in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Route Sales & Service Tech in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training period is intense with a lot of information to learn. The management team is awesome, they actually care about thier crew and do anything within reason to help when needed, even run a route when you can't make it in. The pay for work is worth checking this company out. Currently I make around 60k a year with good benefits. They also offer a 401k and profit share.

Cons

The only cons I can think of is that it is hard work, a lot of heavy lifting and getting dirty, however the hardest part of this job is definitely the on call week where you are on call 24 hours a day for a week. However in at least my location that comes around every 2 - 21/2 months and the manager does a great job of ensuring the on call schedule is posted and gone over months in advance.

Keep up the great work! Love this company

Great company to work for!!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company with great ethics and business practice. Not once have I ever felt mislead or lied to. The pay is great and benefits are even better. Great management, very detailed training program, and great opportunities for advancement as long as you work hard. This is by far the best experience I've ever had in the workplace. Family owned company who really knows how to take care of their employees.

Cons

The hardest challenge here is the same as starting any new career.....the learning curve. It takes time to learn everything and to figure out how to manage your time appropriately. After that, it's a very fun job.

Keep doing what you're doing now. It is productive and great for the company.

Its not bad but a lot of driving

Former Employee - Driver in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Auto-Chlor System full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its nice. U do a lot of traveling

Cons

U get your work done in 2-4 days

Be nice and people at restaurants will feed you)

not bad, could be better

Current Employee - Route Field Technician in Lorton, VA
    Current Employee - Route Field Technician in Lorton, VA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

you can increase your income making extra sales, On call services ( one week ) every 12 weeks, after you finished your route you can go home. some expenses you do while you working are refundable, uniform, tools provided.

Cons

Pretty disorganized, people working for a long time do not let you get a chance to progress.
    They offered benefits like health insurance but too expensive.

no comments

Worst Job in Northern California

Current Employee - SSR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SSR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bait and Switch...big-time promises, no follow through. Bad management, good coworkers.

Cons

Dirty job, high pressure, on-call 24-7, customers don't respect product or services provided. Dish machines a mess.

Need better equipment, better support, better schedules.