Auto Club of Southern California

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
2.2

Robert T. Bouttier

Pros
  • Good benefits and vacation and time off policies when compared to many companies (in 19 reviews)

• Financially stable company; job security (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst of all is the mediocre upper management resistant to change (in 12 reviews)

• Executives boast about there being no work/life balance whatsoever (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

96 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

AAA Policy Service Specialist Claims

Current Employee - Policy Service Specialist Claims in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Policy Service Specialist Claims in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really easy work. Come in, answer the phone and go home no follow up like in the insurance department.

Cons

It is slow to move up from this department. Company puts most of their attention on the Insurance department. Must refer other products and services to people filling home and auto claims, very inconsiderate.

Take management classes. I was surprised to find out that not many supervisors or managers have degrees. You can tell from their lack of professionalism and management skills.

Pretty Decent Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California

Pros

Lots of talented people exist here. It's a friendly to work environment and they definitely do take care of their talented people.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy gets in the way of making positive improvements unfortunately...

Be more lenient in terms of hours in the building.

Don't care about their people

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good medical insurance. paid training. pension plan. opportunities to move up. Top performing sales people make $120,000 or more. Financially stable company.

Cons

Punitive compensation plan, small mistakes can cost you thousands of dollars per quarter. 6 day work week. no paid time off. Managers that either never did their employees job, or did it only for a short period of time. High turnover rate. Unable to bring in / keep talented people. Terrible software systems. No work life balance. Difficult inter-department interactions.

Senior mgmt needs to retire. Their replacements need to focus on building a better organization by placing value on their people.

I HATE MY JOB!

Current Employee - Insurance Customer Service Representative -Policy Specialist Service I in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

I've been with the company for awhile now, working for this job is terrible, not flexible what so ever! Only perk is that AAA will pay for your Personal License Lines.

Cons

No one at the company is friendly, no one smiles all gloomy and down. Its like most of my co-workers only stick around for the pay.

I would have to say its more about advice to those who are looking, and reading this review. AAA is not a great company to work for, you would think because they been around for so long that they would be great to work for but nope. I applied for a Insurance Customer Service Rep, when I was hired that was my title, once on board it was switched to Policy Specialist Service 1. Management lied about a lot of things, you ask if this job has a high turn over, and they say no, but once done with training asked again and finally get the truth, of course a high turn over, since every month theres a job fair. Policy Specialist Service 1 is just a high paid telemarketer. AAA doesn't care about customers, they rather gain a sale then provide excellent customer service. They put too much pressure about reaching goals that aren't realistic, not even there supervisors can reach those goals. Best of luck anyone who wants to jump on board.

I hate everything

Current Employee - ERS Representative in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - ERS Representative in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing is good about this company

Cons

Everything is bad about this company

Fire all management and start over.

Claims Representative II

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster II in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster II in Valencia, CA

I worked at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are generally okay but each year the benefits are less than the year before.

Cons

Management is unprofessional. Many of the managers have been there for years and if you are a favorite you can get away with anything and the more rules you break the faster you will be promoted.

Hire management from outside of the company to shake up the status quo.

Used Car Lot

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and the people I worked with. You can make decent money here but you'll be stressed out beyond belief

Cons

Its a survival of the fittest there. Just a bunch of shady managers from bottom to top.

Get a clue and quit screwing your employees.

Conservative, Unprofessional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Decent work hours, discount with insurance

Cons

Management is resistant to change, not all management is experienced. Seems to be who you know now what you know. Salaries are low, experience doesn't mean much because they keep you down so they don't have to give you a raise or promote you.

Respect your people. Open your eyes to those, who want to make the company better, not status quo.

Policy Management Group

Current Employee - Policy Management Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Policy Management Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Full-time job with benefits. No experience needed. Training from the ground-up.

Cons

Treated like a number. Management only cares about the bottom-line. It is all about getting the member to purchase another form of insurance (or what management calls benefits). It was once suggested by a supervisor that if an insured was having a hard time paying their current auto insurance bill, to offer them another policy, like homeowner's. Because they can get a discount. Bare in mind a deposit is needed to start any policy with AAA, and the disount may only be a few dollars. It didn't feel right.

We are harassed about keeping time spent off the phone in between calls to minimum of two minutes. It's this type of culture that causes reps to move on to the next call without resolving the problem on the current policy. I've received calls from livid members stating that this is the 3rd or 4th time they've called about the same problem.

That's not a sign of good customer service.

Get your proprieties straight. Treat your employees with respect. Maybe they won't be so miserable. Then they can do a better job at helping the members. Stop looking for the next buck to make off your current members, and focus on providing great service.

Management needs a professional makeover

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The office that I worked in was family oriented so the very nice coworkers were, for the most part, the highlight of the job. The company invests in ongoing education giving its employees opportunities to be trained into other departments if they wish.

Cons

Management was constantly harping on quotas...even when you meet them. There was also a clear effort in the show of favoritism. Salaries are not competitive and work-life balance was almost non existent.

Stop picking on the stuff that's irrelevant and focus on the bottom line. Learn to praise the best employees without making the rest (especially new employees) feel invisible. Everyone in your office contributes to the bottom line in either a big or small way. A little encouragement goes along way in bringing out the best in the ENTIRE staff.

Auto Club of Southern California Photos