Auto Credit Express

current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Auto Credit Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Room for growth, team oriented, flexible

Cons

communication could improve, a lot of projects are never finished because of lack of motivation or followup or because of misunderstandings

consider looking at performance of those who are in managing positions. it gets frustrating when you know more than the team leader or manager

Innovative Industry Leader

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Auto Credit Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some incredibly talented and driven individuals who work here. I look forward to working for my manager and with my team. Work is still work, but when you love what you do and who you do it for, it's a lot less like work. On the software engineering side of the house, the management team is stellar, and one of the top reasons I'm committed to ACE. I also find it a refreshing place to work compared to the corporate grind... If you are a self-starter and like to work outside of the mold of a "heads-down" programmer, ACE is for you as opportunities to grow and improve your skill set are plentiful.

Cons

We move at blazing speed to get new products and services to market. This creates an environment where we have to move fast, gain new skills quickly, and work hard. Clock punchers don't always like to work hard. It can cut into Facebook time. If you're afraid of hard work and would rather get paid to chat on Skype or play games on Facebook, ACE might not be a good fit.

I think there are some missed opportunities between departments because of a general lack of communication. When strategic, high-visibility projects are launched, project teams should cross departments and project managers should have some authority over the team for the duration of the project.

A fantastic company to work for if you are a smart, hardworking, and passionate person.

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Department in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Department in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Auto Credit Express full-time

Pros

The opportunities that I have realized and taken advantage of at this company have been numerous. This is a company run by very driven, results-oriented people. And if you are the type of person who comes in every day and strives to work towards the success of the company, you are going to do great here. The culture is unique and there is very much a family atmosphere in many ways. The owners and big bosses are always available if you need them. They set a very strong example, and work as hard as anyone else here. The management team as well as the employees are very passionate about this company and this industry. These are not faceless corporate big-wigs who sit up in ivory towers. They are in the trenches every day, just like everybody here. The Senior Vice President doesn't even have an office. He doesn't want one. He sits in a cubicle next to all of us because he prefers to be in the mix of things.

It's true that this company isn't a great fit for everyone. When it comes down to it, this is a business and everybody is expected to give 100% while they're here. Some people don't last too long, and they tend to be the sort of employees who want to skate in a few minutes late, play around on facebook or skype for a couple hours, take a long lunch, and call it a day the second that clock strikes 5. Or they are simply not strong enough in their particular role to realize the opportunities they are missing. Either way, this company rewards the talented and the hardworking. Unfortunately for those who don't take their career seriously, the lazy and inept often don't last too long. Many of my coworkers have been here for a decade or more, and they are the most talented and hardworking people I know.

No other company I've been part of has enabled me to advance my career to the extent that I have here. Add to that my personal satisfaction with the projects I am involved with, and the flexibility I have to work on new concepts.

Cons

During the summer it can get pretty warm in certain parts of the building.

Poor comments sound like sour grapes from ex-employees that couldn't do their job

I have been working at Auto Credit Express

Pros

The owner of the company is very giving. If he drinks, its none of my business and doesn't affect my check at all. We get xmas bonuses, expensive xmas gifts at the company xmas party, a summer family picnic for the entire company. Sales team get cash whipouts for doibg our job.. We are recognized for good performance. We get cash bonuses if we refer someone to work for the company and are hired.. I get paid very well in my sales position, so I can't complain. All the spiffs, parties, dinners, etc, they don't have to do this for us at all. In return, the company expects you to come in on time, perform your job tasks, and if you're in sales like I am, make the company money. If you can't perform, they don't need you and will let you go. What job wouldn't fire you of you couldn't do your job?

Cons

I do agree that management could do a better job at communicationing to the staff. I feel that unless your're family, a friend of the family your opinion means little. Management does fraternize with employees outside of work, which in my eyes does support favortism and shouldn't happen.

None because the chances that they would read this is nil.

Family run business which is unfortunately run like a family run business.

I worked at Auto Credit Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of potential with their business model and they have passion with what they do. There are many good people here who are great to work with.

Cons

Bad culture where they treat people as expendable and they tend to hire unskilled / unprofessional people. Bulk of the staff here are < 2 years, which tells you something. Most people don't stay or are fired for silly reasons. Very hard nosed on vacation days, sick days and weather related issues.

Only if you think you can live with crazy

Current Employee - Tech Department in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Tech Department in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Auto Credit Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay can be good if you know what your worth.

Cons

Where do I start...family run and the main owner likes to rant about political views, make sure you get details on benefits and plan on problems with it and if you are crazy enough to try working here plan on the worst case.

If you're a chain smoker you may do well.

BAD PLACE TO WORK

Former Employee - BDC Representative in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - BDC Representative in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Auto Credit Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I DO NOT HAVE ANY

Cons

Upper Management are Drunks, JOB DOESNT pay good

RE THINK HOW YOU TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES