Auto Trader UK Reviews

4.6
Auto Trader UK Chief Executive Officer Trevor Mather
Trevor Mather

1. Featured Review

Best Company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people of Auto Trader are amazing. We are all dedicated to keeping the business at the top of its game and really deliver the best customer service. Our offices in Manchester are fantastic and we have all sorts of perks to keep us happy.

Cons

I can't think of anything but I guess a day off on you birthday would be good

You are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

Mar 10, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review. We are working on the day off for birthdays and we will update everyone soon

Been here 5 years and can't see myself leaving. Have seen real positive changes in terms of company values and direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK

Pros

Great employee benefits, really look after their staff. Great state of the art offices and tech. Great collaboration across the business.

Cons

The challenges are nothing you wouldn't find in any large organisation with over 500+ people on one site. Genuinely nothing that should put anyone off.

Mar 19, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review. Our new offices have really helped us work closely together and collaborate across our teams. Now that we are a public listed company we will hopefully see even more ... More

Awesome

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

environment, atmosphere, job satisfaction and reward

Cons

commute and having to pay for parking

Mar 3, 2015Resourcing Partner

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Its awesome that your job at Auto Trader still give you job satisfaction and reward after more than 10 years services, in spite of the ... More

Happy to go to work!

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK

Pros

It's Monday morning and I'm happy to be going to work. Although it's going to be another busy and challenging week , I still have the same excitement about going to the office as I did on my first week. Every day is unique and I get to learn more about my profession and the digital industry.

Cons

I do have to travel across the two offices quite often but my colleagues both in Manchester and London are great so it's worth the trip just to get time with them in person.

Look after your employees in the same way you always did and keep focussing on the long term success of the business.

Mar 2, 2015Resourcing Partner

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Its great to know we're still keeping you excited week after week. We're pleased our awesome employees make-up for the travel. We do have ... More

A great company to work for

I have been working at Auto Trader UK

Pros

Each week is different at Auto Trader. I know that by the close of play each day, I will have seen something different or experienced a new way of thinking. I look forward to coming to work to see what I'll learn next.
    The offices are new and innovative, where else can you hold a team meeting round an Audi Quattro (its red) or be surrounded by a spiral of Mini’s!

The people here are amazing; passionate, welcoming, friendly and live the values. Our values aren’t complex, flashy or take an hour to explain, they are clear, honest and sum up perfectly how we work together with our customers and people.
    Opportunities to grow and develop are great; you feel empowered in your role, a specialist when working in agile teams and supported when you take the next step in your career journey with Auto Trader.

The benefits are handpicked to give you the best range available. I can pick and mix a personalised benefit portfolio based on my lifestyle choices and each year the range gets better.

Cons

None really however it is a fast paced company.

Feb 18, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. No week is the same indeed as our business is evolving and constantly trying to improve the experiences of our customers and our ... More

Fast and Fun

Current Employee - Senior Design Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Design Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good life and working ethics, Amazing flexible level of work and projects. Everyone gets involved regardless of your skills sets. We all work to are strengths. it's at the forefront of digital thinking. We're not all petrol heads. There are no leadership barriers, we are all see equally. You make your own decisions. Great location in Manchester and London Kings Cross, with cool, fun, open offices.

Cons

My travel is now 30mins after our move to Kings Cross, but beats our old office in Wimbledon.

Feb 16, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review and we are glad you are enjoying working with us. The Kings Cross office is such a vibrant and welcoming place and with the new 'Taste Card' you can get great discounts in ... More

Best in Class

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A fantastic company to work for with some awesome people. We have really raised our game and really some great people are joining our sales and technology teams to add to the already brilliant teams. The new offices in London and Manchester are fun and I love the fruit baskets that we get delivered twice a week!

Cons

It's fast paced and some of the changes don't happen in the most organised way.

Give the employees more time to work on the changes and different initiatives

Feb 11, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review. We have indeed made some excellent additions to our sales and technology teams. And our fruit is really delicious too! We will pass your advice to our Operational ... More

Friendly, relaxed and evolving organisation with visionary leadership team

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, continually adapting organisation with clear vision for the future. Casual office environment to work in, where the people are the most important asset.

Cons

Reduced focus in advanced analytics, and potential risk of lower Auto Trader client satisfaction as a result.

Feb 25, 2015Resourcing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really fast paced and adaptable and its great you're enjoying working in this type of culture. Our people our amazing and they very much are ... More

I have gained invaluable information and had lots of fun while being here

Current Employee - Graduate Java Dev in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Java Dev in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great colleges, great Tech, awesome offices, highly invested in agile development

Cons

To be honest i cant think of anything right now.

Feb 23, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As one of our Graduates you are key to the future of our business and it is great to hear you are enjoying working with us.

Fast paced, exciting and genuinely fun company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's all about the culture here. Our greatly admired CEO,Trevor, once said, "Culture eats strategy for breakfast" (or something very like that). This shift in mentality from our leadership team has transformed Auto Trader from a good place to work into a GREAT place to work. The world of opportunity literally opened up for me when I joined Auto Trader and in the last 18 months the team here have kicked it on to a whole new level. If you are inquisitive, thoughtful, passionate and have a real desire to make a difference then this could be the place for you. At Auto Trader the more you put in, the more you get back and yet there is never a sense of having to stay late just to be seen to be working hard. Here it's all about quality of output. There is a wealth of learning, training and personal improvement to help you achieve you ambitions and with a product portfolio like theirs, Auto Trader has lots of varied opportunity so you wont get bored!

Cons

If you are after fancy titles and a really structured, obvious career ladder to climb, you may find it a bit bewildering. The org structure is very flat but that doesn't mean you cannot develop and earn well if you are successful. Other than that, there is just a lot to do, all the time, so coasters beware!

Please continue to be really bold and don't let the message get diluted.

Jan 24, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review. Our culture is unique thanks to our dedicated and talented people that really make a difference in making our business a success. We will pass your advice to our ... More