Auto Truck Transport

Updated May 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ed Cumbo

The best trucking job out there

ProsGreat benefits.and you are your own boss on the road.Do your job and no one will mess with you.

ConsTo make the big bucks,your away from home long periods.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for new hires.

A waste of eight years and empty promises ...

Transporter Driver (Former Employee)
    Laredo, TX

ProsBeing able to pick where you wanted go

ConsBeing shorted on mileage every you go

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees

Great job freight hauling can't compare.

Transporter Driver (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, NC

ProsI've been with att 8 1/2 yrs. My first week with my trainer i knew if i was going to drive for a living this is the job for me.I've been in all 48 states,and all the lower providences of Canada.I read two reviews of former drivers that trashed the company they sound like new hires that didnt stay long enough that to learn the ropes.Belive me i don't work hard cause this job has made me lazy. I still make more money than other jobs, I'm talking 20-25 thousand more.and thats even when i lose money by training new hires. The point is if you want to make money with this company you can.If you just want to get by go home every few days.

ConsWaiting around airports and terminals,but you can use this time to help reset your hours. Trainees should go to all of our terminals with a trainer, Westerstars are are heavy and more to do. Trainees should not go from a two or three way to a sfes.They need a four way before they move up to a SFES.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love to train new hires,partly to help them make money,but mainly to teach them how to undeck and not damage the trucks and not get hurt or even killed.
    I don't care about the time it takes as long as as they learn how to do it safely. I've been in some locations and seen trainers all they want is to get the trucks on the ground and go get another load, that not teaching. Maybe that why i lose so much money when i train. The only way l would train again is to be put on salary.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very rewarding great pay and benifits

Driveaway (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsI have worked here for 12 1/2 years there is no other place in the country that has benifits and a super pension plan in the industry beats teamsters.... If you are a hard worker and live along the main routes your home time will be wonderful...

Consoutside work undecking like a postman wind rain snow ice or HEAT we have days like that lol if your lazy or can't keep your left door shut look elose where u won't like it here...

Advice to Senior ManagementOur pay is frozen til 2014 hope management will keep theirs frozen also instead of paying bonuses to yourselfs the driver deserves more respect than what that shows that is not a smart thing your doing

I suggest one gives careful consideration for employment here as this grass is not as green as it looks

Transport Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsIf one enjoys travel, this company provides the opportunity. If one enjoys flying - this company is a good place for employment.

ConsThe cost of making profits for this company, and management salaries as well as the competition that has developed for the delivery of New Big Trucks - has caused middle support staff to be outsourced to Mexico, at the cost of support in the USA. Payroll staff continues for the time - to be in the USA, however getting reimbursed for expenditures nescessary to do the job as a delivery driver is becoming more and more difficult to obtain, even with the proper documentation. Its as though every conversation needs to be documented via e-mail or other proof of instruction authorizing the driver to do what was at one time - unnescessary. Getting reimbursed for costs required to do the job, is NEVER inquired directly to the driver for timely reimbursment. Rather - the driver discovers what is questionable, in their payroll documentation, and THEN has to obtain the nescessary direct authorization from management and ReSubmitted to payroll. I would suggest that there be some communication from payroll - such as an e-mail questioning a submission for reimbursement i.e.wrecker authorization, sent so that the driver can respond to, and obtain their timely reimbursement for such - when further/more information and details are required to ensure reimbursement. What could be a simple and overnight quiery has been and continues to be nearly a 2 to 3 week process.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are such secrets and plans for Auto Truck Transport, by management and shared with many outside persons, that are not employees - that when drivers hear about what outside people know about what is going on with plans and projections for changes with the company, it makes many a driver wonder how long their job is going to be secure for. Such secrets when revealed - have resulted in untold numbers acquiring attitudes of "I'm not a valued employee so why should I care what monies are spent to keep the supplies and tools in good working condition, when upper management is worried about their jobs and salaries and not concerned about employees". It is a well known fact that the company will 'step over a dollar bill to pick up a dime' in regards to such small things as hotels drivers are required to stay in - along with justifying reimbursements for payroll expenditures. I would suggest that if management were to spend one or two days per month (for a few months out of each year) - out in the field with a driver at a delivery point, to see what various terminals are doing when decking, and then go back to change and improve those decking teams; drivers would be less likely to damage and toss into refuse - valued equipment that can be returned and reused. Thus focusing more on the comfort, quality, and rest of drivers and ensuring that the quality of equipment used for transport is retained as well as the frustrations of drivers lessened or even eliminated. Management: it may take a skilled driver to get a 3 or 4 way load to its destination - but even equally as important - it takes a decking team to PROPERLY do their job (i.e. removing gaskets completely, not using copious amounts of duct tape to secure air line connections, tightening connections beyond what is nescessary-such as air tanks/brake connections) to make the delivery driver's job as quick and efficiently to ensure both faster and timely deliveries for customers and a larger paycheck for drivers.

Worked for Auto Truck Transport? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auto Truck Transport reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Auto Truck Transport CEO Ed Cumbo. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Auto Truck Transport employees.