AutoClaims Direct

Updated July 27, 2014
Updated July 27, 2014
5.0

Ernie Bray

Excellence through and through.

Current Employee - Independent Field Appraiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Independent Field Appraiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's not really work if you love what you're doing. The upper management is highly engaged and love creating new claims technology. It's wildly energetic and very fulfilling.

Cons

Too many things going on at once through multiple channels of communication methods. With that said it does make sense to be able to reach out to anyone in the company at any time. They move very fast and it will not work out if you don't move fast as well.

Only hire those that have the ability to run the company and don't have individual self serving motives. Your company is a stand out and I happily recommend working at ACD.

Company growing and time to get on board.

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct as a contractor

Pros

I'm a contractor and run my own business working for several network co's like ACD but ACD is by far the best. They treat the IA's with respect which makes them easy to work with. Also they have a pretty cool tech system.

Cons

The insurance company auditors are pretty rude and they just do what they do. ACD audits our files already but I guess the insurance co's just want to do double work.

My advice to management would be to try and get the insurance companies to be not so rude. Thank goodness ACD is there to help bridge the gap for us IA's. Keep it up ACD.

Beats any insurance company position

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I came to AutoClaims after years at an insurer. They treat you like real professionals instead of a number. I've been able to use more of my knowledge and experience here than I ever did working for the insurance company. The CEO Ernie Bray is one of the nicest people I know and has boundless energy. He and his management team really care about their staff and I don't know of anyone else who really takes the time to listen to their staff the way they do.

Cons

Cons of the job are what you'd find anywhere in insurance. You have to deal with people and that in itself is a challenge but that's the business claims is about. Most people in claims expect it.

None

ACD keeps getting better!

Current Employee - Claims Services in California City, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Services in California City, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a former claims adjuster, the transition to ACD was so smooth. I really enjoyed the change coming to work here. The leadership team puts a strong emphasis on hiring former adjusters and appraisers which really makes things run so smooth. The atmosphere is upbeat and everyone loves coming to work.

Cons

nothing that comes to mind

Keep up the great work

Best yet!

Current Employee - Recruiter and Heavy Equipment Specialist in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter and Heavy Equipment Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a seasoned All Lines Adjuster, I can honestly say, "this company gets it, and gets it right!"
    The CEO and management team of ACD are as good as it gets, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone better than the best.
    We have a great team of professionals on staff, and a great team of independent appraisers. If you are not a part of the ACD Team, you're missing out.

Cons

There are no downsides. It's all what you make of it.

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

fun atmosphere to work and great being part of a forwarding thinking company

Former Employee - Auditor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AutoClaims Direct

Pros

I personally had a great time working in the audit department. the managment team gives you the ability to make decisions without micromanaging. The claims system is easy to use. If it wasn't for getting an offer to leave the industry completely, I would have stayed. The company is really motivated to make a difference in the insurance industry.

Cons

The most frustrating side of my work was the attitude the clients give us. Adjusters and managers who work for the insurance companies are rude, ill trained and always threaten us to stop using our company for mistakes they make on their side! Instead of working as a team, they treat us like adversaries. Most client claims managers are usually pompus arrogant and rude.

The company is a good place to work and I have nothing but respect for the leadership team. The CEO is a really intelligent hardworking guy who cares about bringing good ideas to the industry but unfortunately most of the client insurance claims managers are resistant to change. But keep up the work you're doing.

good place to work if you want respect

Current Employee - Field Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct

Pros

The management treat people well. You're not treated like an inept person as most insurers do. I recommend them highly.

Cons

high volume work environment. The insurance companies can be rude and are not knowledgable. especially the claims managers because they don't have any experience looking at vehicle damage.

I guess i would suggest that if there was a way to make vehicle owners not be so rude that would help but there's really not much you can do though.

ACD is a great place to grow as a claims adjuster.

Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct

Pros

ACD is a great company with great people. They are a focused company that really cares about their employees. I really enjoy their dedication to bringing aboard experienced pros who have a great knowledge of adjusting. I have 25 years of experience in both managing and adjusting/appraising. My skills are valued and so is my recommendations. Most insurers don't allow the input from staff they do. ACD seems to really take their staff's input and make changes quickly. I think that's why they have grown so fast in such a short time.

Cons

The downsides would be the same as with any carrier. Angry adjusters, insurance managers and vehicle owners.

none

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct

Pros

AutoClaims Direct is a real forward thinking claims service company. They really promote individual thinking with a proactive approach. The management is always open to new ideas which we can implement regularly. The company allows it's staff flexible work hours and telecommuting as well. I am able to balance my personal and work life much better than when I worked for an insurance company. They company truly values those with an insurance adjusting background. They expect alot from their staff but at the same time realize that if you have the knowledge you can make decisions without having to ask management every second.

Cons

It's the claims industry.... It can be a negative industry at times.

None. They do a great job and make the job fun.

Great place to work and nice people

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct

Pros

Great people that work there along with flexible hours! The management team is really forward thinking and listen to the staff. I really like the fact that they train you well and really provide assistance. The management has worked for major insurance companies before so they are able to give us good insight. I have worked for several insurance companies and none run as smooth as ACD's operation.

Cons

This is the auto insurance claims industry which can be stressful. The clients can be very demanding and at times show no respect to us. Also vehicle owners are generally unhappy people but that goes along with the job. We deal with auto accidents. Go figure.

I wish management could help make the adjusters at insurance companies treat the staff better. Insurance company adjuster can be verbally abusive

AutoClaims Direct Photos