AutoClaims Direct Reviews

1. Growing Company

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ACD has grown so fast each and every year that it is truly fascinating to be part of the team. People might come to ACD for a job, but they realize that a door has opened for their career. Great opportunity, great people!

Cons

Beware that you will become more Tech-Savvy when you work here, especially if you spend more than 1 hour a week with Mr Ernie Bray!

Advice to Management

Great work!

2. ACD Has Grown and is Still the Best

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Higher than average wages especially in entry level positions. Remote working conditions. Big company with a small town feel.

Cons

working remotely has its perks but you do miss socializing. Sometimes feel out of the loop.

Advice to Management

Management can be slow to respond but you do get a response eventually. Also, they have been really great at listening and making changes based on employee feedback.

3. ACD is growing, but don't lose small company vibe

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ACD provides a great environment for those that are willing to engage and learn the ins and outs of a claim's life. ACD is growing leaps and bounds with the acquisitions of new clients and services. With a strong technology background and future ACD is constantly inventing and integrating new ways to make our clients work day easier. At an office level, the people are friendly and easy to work with. Everyone is interested in doing a good job and management reflects that attitude. They have goodies in the kitchen to eat when you need a pick-me-up, and the atmosphere in the office is easy-going. However the laid back atmosphere is never coupled with laziness. Everyone is interested in working hard and showing it. ACD also has good health, vision, dental, and 401k benefits. If you love technology, love to learn, can think on your feet, and are great at customer service relationships then you will excel here.

Cons

Communication between departments has improved significantly with the addition of inter-office communication program. Non-tech savvy people will find a steep learning curve working here. But if you are quick to learn and not afraid to jump you will find the environment exciting.

Advice to Management

As ACD grows it will become increasingly important to have supervisors with decision making abilities available for advice and support. Growth in ACD is happening but remain true to the "small company feel" that many employees feel is very important. Overall, I am excited to ride with ACD through the exciting times ahead and keep up the great work.

5. Excellence through and through.

Current Employee - Independent Field Appraiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Independent Field Appraiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's not really work if you love what you're doing. The upper management is highly engaged and love creating new claims technology. It's wildly energetic and very fulfilling.

Cons

Too many things going on at once through multiple channels of communication methods. With that said it does make sense to be able to reach out to anyone in the company at any time. They move very fast and it will not work out if you don't move fast as well.

Advice to Management

Only hire those that have the ability to run the company and don't have individual self serving motives. Your company is a stand out and I happily recommend working at ACD.

6. Beats any insurance company position

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to AutoClaims after years at an insurer. They treat you like real professionals instead of a number. I've been able to use more of my knowledge and experience here than I ever did working for the insurance company. The CEO Ernie Bray is one of the nicest people I know and has boundless energy. He and his management team really care about their staff and I don't know of anyone else who really takes the time to listen to their staff the way they do.

Cons

Cons of the job are what you'd find anywhere in insurance. You have to deal with people and that in itself is a challenge but that's the business claims is about. Most people in claims expect it.

Advice to Management

None

7. ACD keeps getting better!

Current Employee - Claims Services in California City, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Services in California City, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a former claims adjuster, the transition to ACD was so smooth. I really enjoyed the change coming to work here. The leadership team puts a strong emphasis on hiring former adjusters and appraisers which really makes things run so smooth. The atmosphere is upbeat and everyone loves coming to work.

Cons

nothing that comes to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

8. Best yet!

Current Employee - Recruiter and Heavy Equipment Specialist in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter and Heavy Equipment Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at AutoClaims Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a seasoned All Lines Adjuster, I can honestly say, "this company gets it, and gets it right!" The CEO and management team of ACD are as good as it gets, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone better than the best. We have a great team of professionals on staff, and a great team of independent appraisers. If you are not a part of the ACD Team, you're missing out.

Cons

There are no downsides. It's all what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

9. fun atmosphere to work and great being part of a forwarding thinking company

Former Employee - Auditor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I personally had a great time working in the audit department. the managment team gives you the ability to make decisions without micromanaging. The claims system is easy to use. If it wasn't for getting an offer to leave the industry completely, I would have stayed. The company is really motivated to make a difference in the insurance industry.

Cons

The most frustrating side of my work was the attitude the clients give us. Adjusters and managers who work for the insurance companies are rude, ill trained and always threaten us to stop using our company for mistakes they make on their side! Instead of working as a team, they treat us like adversaries. Most client claims managers are usually pompus arrogant and rude.

Advice to Management

The company is a good place to work and I have nothing but respect for the leadership team. The CEO is a really intelligent hardworking guy who cares about bringing good ideas to the industry but unfortunately most of the client insurance claims managers are resistant to change. But keep up the work you're doing.

10. good place to work if you want respect

Current Employee - Field Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The management treat people well. You're not treated like an inept person as most insurers do. I recommend them highly.

Cons

high volume work environment. The insurance companies can be rude and are not knowledgable. especially the claims managers because they don't have any experience looking at vehicle damage.

Advice to Management

I guess i would suggest that if there was a way to make vehicle owners not be so rude that would help but there's really not much you can do though.

11. ACD is a great place to grow as a claims adjuster.

Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Appraiser in Dallas, TX

Pros

ACD is a great company with great people. They are a focused company that really cares about their employees. I really enjoy their dedication to bringing aboard experienced pros who have a great knowledge of adjusting. I have 25 years of experience in both managing and adjusting/appraising. My skills are valued and so is my recommendations. Most insurers don't allow the input from staff they do. ACD seems to really take their staff's input and make changes quickly. I think that's why they have grown so fast in such a short time.

Cons

The downsides would be the same as with any carrier. Angry adjusters, insurance managers and vehicle owners.

Advice to Management

none

RSS Feed </> Embed