AutoEurope Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014
2.4

Imad Khalidi

The place is scary and need to be renovated

Former Employee - Costumer Service Representative  in  Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Costumer Service Representative in Portland, ME

I worked at AutoEurope full-time for more than a year

Pros

employers are very helpful and friendly.

Cons

the building is very old and the carpet is very duty, need a lot of improvement to be a work friendly building. I had to bring my personal chair and one day i found a dead bird under my desk!! which was so discussing!!

My advice is to the CEO, you should care more about your employers health!! do something to fix the stairs and change this discussing carpet.. also the falling beams are very dangerous!! thanks

May or may not have mild PTSD as a result of working here.

I worked at AutoEurope full-time

Pros

Free parking, good benefits. As another reviewer said, it really depends on what department you're in. Some departments have good atmospheres (friendly coworkers, accountable supervisors)...others don't.

Cons

Constant onslaught of verbal abuse from customers and supervisors alike. The CEO in particular has a very short temper and has no qualms about screaming in people's faces. There is no defined hierarchy in the company, so you are never really sure who you're supposed to report to. The company also loses a lot of money due to employee errors; while those individuals are yelled at for making mistakes, the company makes no initiative to fix the problem at their source, i.e. giving employees proper training.

Treat your employees like the valuable assets that you claim they are. Give them adequate training. Don't yell at them for asking questions. Don't play favorites.

Rough place to work

Current Employee - Reservations Agent  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Portland, ME

I have been working at AutoEurope

Pros

It'll pay your bills.
    Free parking
    Conveniently located in the Old Port
    It really depends on what department you get in with.

Cons

Constantly being yelled at... sometimes potty mouth language is used and I've witnessed quite a few supervisor temper tantrums.

You only hear about what you did wrong, never if you do anything right or make a big profit.

Some supervisors... just should not be supervisors. They can be very rude, impatient condescending, and insulting. At the same time, there are not enough supervisors for the demand.

Favorites are definitely played and there are "cliques" with supervisors and employees.

As far as promotions go, completely unfair. Example: I've been in one department for 2 years with a lot of knowledge on a subject. A management position opened up in that subject and they gave it to a guy that had ZERO experience in all aspects.

If you're calling out, you better be dead. They'll tell you not to come in if you're sick, but you get attitude if you call out and dirty looks if you show up.

A rule might apply to one person, but not another.

The turn over rate is mad crazy.

They'll cross train you for everything they can... but never give a raise for anything.

Listen to your employees!!!!!!!!! Happy employees have a tendency to sell more. If they're unhappy, constantly being yelled at, degraded, and belittled... sales aren't going to be that great. Show some appreciation for the employees that have been there for awhile. Be more fair about promotions and really evaluate who you give them to. Treat your employees with respect... if it wasn't for the employees showing up every day... you wouldn't have a business. No position is more important then another. They all make the company go around.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like many companies it has it's ups and downs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I have been working at AutoEurope

Pros

Broadens my knowledge and experience.

Cons

Sometimes a tough place to work.

Worked for AutoEurope? Contribute to the Community!