AutoNation Honda Covington Pike

1 Review
5.0
1 Review

CEO

Best Place I Have Ever Worked!

Current Employee - Internet Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Internet Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation Honda Covington Pike full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been selling cars with AutoNation since April 22, 2013. This is a whole new experience with me, though I have been learning more than most that have been here with me. I have a certified photographic memory and use it to my full advantage.

Before I was working with AutoNation, I worked at several places. The most recent being as a Wendys Co-General Manager. Before that I did a few security jobs to pay the bills for myself and my new wife, whom I married on Sept 3, 2012. Before the security jobs I was in retail, which is where most of my experience here comes from. The main item of sale was televisions. I am even still to this day Sony Master Certified in training and product knowledge.

Though I will say, out of all of the jobs I have ever had, selling cars with AutoNation is by far my favorite. I am not certain if it is the leniency from my managers or the customer interaction that I like second to the main reason I am still here; that reason of course being how great a feeling it is to be able to hand the keys over to a new friend I have just made. Every car deal has its own personality, and I am a man who loves to see new personality on a daily basis.

When it comes to the leniency from my managers, I am talking about being able to do basically anything I want or need to do at my own agenda. I am selling cars at my own pace, which is the best pace for me to sell them at. Some would say that the more you know, the faster you can set your pace, which is a statement I am in total disagreement with. Every customer new and old should be treated with the same time and respect as any other customer you would have. No rushing a deal, no cutting corners, and definately no subjectivity to false information, because at the end of the day, my job is not only to sell cars, but make sure my customers feel respected and cared for enough to come and purchase again and again and even send their friends and family my way as well. The only way a customer can feel that respected is to actually give them that respect and care.

In this business, though I have not been in it very long, I will be ready to be in a management position very soon. Having a photographic memory, and being able to put 2 and 2 together in almost any instance is helping me learn at an incredible pace. If I am not in management at the end of two(2) years, then I have done something incredibly wrong, and hopefully would be told what it is.

Cons

The hours are probably the worst thing, though I will say it is no different than any other retail job on hours. Sometimes keeping the will to go on in a day can be hard, however it is definitily worth it if you can.

The lot needs to have more cars in it, though I will say with the few amount of cars we have, we sell quite a bit more than one would think. Employees that work towards it, and for it, should be given the opportunity to move to other stores in the area for a promotion, instead of waiting for it to happen at the store they are at. I am not sure exactly how that process works, but I know it couldn't be that bad with it being a great company like AutoNation!