AutoNation Reviews

Reset
3.2
AutoNation Chairman and CEO Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson

Pros
  • Because of the scale, there are many opportunities for advancement (in 8 reviews)

• Autonation Toyota provides a great work environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Expected to work very long hours including nights, weekends & all holidays but xmas & thanksgiving (in 19 reviews)

• Pay plan is not near what other spots offer (in 14 reviews)

1. lots of fun.

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AutoNation

Pros

Compensated fairly. The more you work the more you get paid. Great people to work with.

Cons

Customers aren't always the best. Company is great

Advice to Management

Keep up the good worok

It open my eyes about the sales process for buying a vehicle,new or pre-owned.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at AutoNation

Pros

I love the sales process they have for customers to buy a new or pre-owned vehicles,is very different than a traditional dealership or internet department. I was impress by the relax environment and willingness to help you succeed at your job.The pay structure is decent and always have incentives going to motivate you.They make you feel welcome to your new job and sincerely make feel at home. And they always have some potluck at work or get together outside the job site.

Cons

The training is very long., 3 weeks and can not go on the floor live until you complete the training. You also have to work every other weekend.

Advice to Management

Make the training shorter.

3. caring, responsive, and professional

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Tustin, CA

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not your normal automotive retail job, this company delivers with a level of professionalism and ethic that is too rare in the auto industry, I came on board with experiance above the position I was hired for and after 90 days of hard work I was promoted to my preferred position. The oppotunities with this organization are limited only by you. Great place to work!

Cons

tough to get in, the screening process is very comprehensive, be patient is is worth the effort

Advice to Management

keep growing this company, a lot of good car people desevre this level of professionalism

5. It's exciting to be part of AutoNation "Coast to Coast!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Truly the leader in automotive retail. Mike Jackson and Mike Maroone are inspirational leaders who clearly have a vision for the company based on creating an exceptional customer experience. I am very exciting about the national launch of the AutoNation brand - it is our chance to really show customers the value of doing business with us.

Cons

I would like to see innovative technology faster...tablets....

Advice to Management

Keep focused on creating an exceptional customer experience... our customers don't expect it, so it's a big win!

This is traditionally a man's profession, but, as a female, I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work overall. The management is very friendly, and is easy to relate to on a daily basis while maintaining a strictly professional atmosphere. My co-workers are very friendly as well, and as a female, there has been no inpropriety or misconduct of any sort on behalf of the mostly male workforce.

Cons

The hours are very long, but, if you stay busy, the workday goes by quickly. The job is easy enough to learn as well if you have the proper skillset, but if you lack self-motivation and ambition, you may not want to venture into this profession.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; but, if there is any way to have a stricter hiring policy, it may help weed out those that are strictly seeking to defame the company as a whole and set others up for failure for their own financial gain.

7. Room for growth

Current Employee - Management in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have been with AutoNation for several years and have been promoted a couple of times. I have seen coworkers who started around the same time also move up the ladder. The opportunity is there for those who want it. Senior management is professional.

Cons

Have not found any myself. Understand that some associates have issues with pay plan changes, but most seem to be okay with their pay.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to associates

8. SUPER Happy to work here!

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a GREAT company to work for. They invest in their associates, training and developing then is a key priority. Advancement opportunities are endless and the fact that the company is spread out throughout the Unites States is wonderful. I LOVE my job!

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative so far.

9. AutoNation Coast to Coast

Current Employee - Sales in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company really rewards success. Even though I have only work here shy of a year, I can see myself growing in this company and staying here for a very long time. I have nothing but positive things to say about AN and the way management and coworkers have treated me since I start. Some reviews are correct in the since that the pace is super fast and sometimes you swim or sink but the help is always provided. Coaching and training are a big part of you being successful at this company. The coast to coast advantage is fantastic. I have family in California and I have thought about moving there for a while, I asked one of my managers and he said that when the moment comes to reach out and they will assist me with a potential transfer to the new area if I do decide to move. I have seen negatives reviews but for the most part I believe that if you go to work every day and you are committed to what you are suppose to do, you will be successful at this corporation.

Cons

Detachment from corporate, I sometimes believe they are in a very far distant bubble. Some of them have never visited a dealership.

Advice to Management

I can only say good things about management at my store.

10. Great Supportive Environment with Great Benefits And Awesome Co-Workers!

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a hardworking fun environment to work in with co-workers who are very supportive. They also have a lot of training opportunites and many career paths!

Cons

I have no complaints about working here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the constant communication and always being available to help and answer questions! I love this place!

11. Great place to work for all experience levels.

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They care about their employees and it's a great working atmosphere. People here work together as a team. My manager is always available when I need her. Very flexible and understanding when you need to take time off work. I actually enjoy coming to work each day. Coworkers are always friendly and don't mind saying good morning. It's a great feeling to see people happy at work. The pay is better than other companies in this area. They offer all benefits and they're at a reasonable rate. I have been here less than a year but I feel like I have been here longer because it's easy to fit right in here.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything bad so far.

RSS Feed </> Embed