AutoPoint Reviews

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
4.5

Richard Holland

Really good organization to work for, they support their employees and understand the rigors of being on the road.

Former Employee - Business Consultant
    Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at AutoPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, independence. Really regret leaving this position, thought the grass was greener elsewhere, bad decision on my part.

Cons

100% travel, road warrior, but on a positive, work week was not bad.

none

A in-depth beneficial learning experience.

Current Employee - Strategy Intern  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Strategy Intern in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great hours, fun atmosphere, great team members that are willing to help out. Great company principles. Professional SMT that is very capable and knowledgeable. . Managing Director knows the industry and has the qualities to motivate and cultivate success in all of his employees. The future of the company looks very promising and optimistic. Great company culture that promotes innovation and new ideas.

Cons

Company is still organizing and making transition from recent acquisition by Solera. Unclear responsibilities of different positions, so its hard to find the right person for information.

Creating employee initiative. Increasing employee company moral.

Wonderful Internship Experience

Current Employee - Strategy and Business Development  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Strategy and Business Development in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Our team of five interns was able to work directly with the senior management of the company, and we were given lots of freedom on how to meet our goals and assignments. All of the employees were open and very helpful, and we always had help when we needed it.

Cons

No performance reviews were made during the internship, so I don't know what they thought of my personal performance as an intern.

Keep the open door policy in the office. It's really helpful to know that those with experience and influence are always available.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Student Internship!

Current Employee - Strategy Consultant  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Strategy Consultant in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This internship gave me hands on experience to accomplish real tasks in a growing and fast paced business. The greatest part of interning at AutoPoint was the opportunity to learn from and directly work with the Senior Management Team. It was an incredible opportunity to report directly to the Managing Director and to receive his insights. The work environment at AutoPoint is exceptional. It was a blast getting to know the employees and to work with many of them. This internship encouraged open-minded thinking and introducing new ideas. During the time I interned a few of the key skills I got to strengthen are building and presenting business presentations/decks, working in Excel, research, forecast, team work and ultimately create a full business model. It was an overall phenomenal experience. I would highly recommend this to anyone. AutoPoint is a hard working environment with high expectations, but in addition to the great work atmosphere they also enjoy getting out and doing fun things as a company.

Cons

There really weren't any cons of this internship experience. Performance reviews during the internship would have been great to get an understanding of where I could improve during the internship experience.

As mentioned in the con section performance reviews during the internships would add to the learning experience. I would also suggest providing more background information about the company and the product at the beginning of the internship for a more clear understanding from the get go. The entire experience was incredible.

This company is going places!

Current Employee - Business Strategy Intern  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Business Strategy Intern in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

AutoPoint has a great company culture. As an intern I was always treated as part of the team and there is little to no bureaucracy. I always felt like I could talk to anyone at anytime and get an answer to my questions. During my time at AutoPoint I was able to do meaningful work and grow my skill set as a business person.

Cons

My internship was only for <30 hours per week, which personally I liked, but if you feel you really want to work 40 hours as an intern you might not be able to. Be ready to perform as an AutoPoint employee. If you just want to coast through and not put in the work you won't thrive with this company.

Continue pursuing a culture of open improvement and communication. Overall this company has a rock star senior management team and together they are pushing AutoPoint to improve and grow in new places.

Change and Nepotism

I have been working at AutoPoint

Pros

Autopoint is an okay place to work. The managers try very hard to do what is best for the company and the employees. Compensation is okay but the benefits are very expensive.

Cons

Constant change for the sake of change especially now that Solera is involved. Also the Solera principles feel like they are trying to indoctrinate us into a religion. Nepotism used to be a huge problem for the company in the old days and it went away only to come back again recently. How many managers relatives work here now. 5 maybe 6. Wonder if Solera is okay with that.

Spend more time on the company, its products, and customers and less time on educating us.

Great company with quality team!

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Everyone has a sense of ownership in the company and day to day activities. You feel as if the Management team values your opinion and the work you do. It is exciting to be a part of a company that is constantly evolving. Work and life balance has always been a plus. It is encouraging to have a team of people that not only support you in the work environment but personally as well.

Cons

Keeping up with the volume of change is no doubt a challenge but it is what makes the company stand out from the rest.

Excited to be here. Great things to come.

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership works hard to communicate openly and share vision. Committed to helping team members grow and become as successful as possible. Tons of opportunity within AutoPoint and Solera for career advancement.

Cons

At times, new approaches to thinking, process and accountability can be uncomfortable, but would you rather be comfortable of part of something great?

Continue to lead openly with boldness and conviction. Be urgent. Value communication and teamwork.

A company committed to excellence!

Current Employee - Customer Network Analyst  in  Olney, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Network Analyst in Olney, IL

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for this company almost 8 years. I have seen a lot of things change. No matter what the change, they always strive to deliver an excellent product and excellent service. They also work hard to provide an excellent work atmosphere and to take care of their employees. My best example of their care of employees is the health care plans that they provide. We have changed health care plans a lot, but the company always strives to provide a premium plan that is affordable. There have been multiple years that the price has gone up, but they did not pass this cost on to the employees. They know that the current times can be hard for people and they want to do what they can to help out.

Cons

The company changes direction a lot. This is an effort to keep up with the changing times in the industry, but there are times where it can be a little rocky. In the end, it is good that the management is trying to keep the company in the right direction, it can just be hard to see that when the changes are being made.

Make sure that the changes that are made are necessary and not just made for the sake of change. Overall I see that the changes have been good.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Coach  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Coach in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Upper management has always given me to support to succeed and advance in my career. I believe in this company and the forward progress under new ownership of Solera and look forward to growing with the company. Benefits are great and there are always open opportunities for advancement!

Cons

This company is constantly evolving and changing. If you are a person that is afraid of change and challenges, then this company is not for you. But if you love a challenge and take pride in saying “I was a there when, and look at what we have become” then this is an excellent place for you!

Keep building up those that work hard and always have the companies best interest in mind.

Worked for AutoPoint? Contribute to the Community!