AutoPoint

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
4.5

Richard Holland

Really good organization to work for, they support their employees and understand the rigors of being on the road.

Former Employee - Business Consultant
    Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at AutoPoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, independence. Really regret leaving this position, thought the grass was greener elsewhere, bad decision on my part.

Cons

100% travel, road warrior, but on a positive, work week was not bad.

none

AutoPoint Response

Dec 11, 2014Managing Director

Thanks for your perspective and remain you at AutoPoint we have an open door culture which means you're welcome to walk back through it and be welcomed to return. Life is about 2nd chances.

A in-depth beneficial learning experience.

Current Employee - Strategy Intern in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Strategy Intern in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great hours, fun atmosphere, great team members that are willing to help out. Great company principles. Professional SMT that is very capable and knowledgeable. . Managing Director knows the industry and has the qualities to motivate and cultivate success in all of his employees. The future of the company looks very promising and optimistic. Great company culture that promotes innovation and new ideas.

Cons

Company is still organizing and making transition from recent acquisition by Solera. Unclear responsibilities of different positions, so its hard to find the right person for information.

Creating employee initiative. Increasing employee company moral.

Wonderful Internship Experience

Current Employee - Strategy and Business Development in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Strategy and Business Development in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Our team of five interns was able to work directly with the senior management of the company, and we were given lots of freedom on how to meet our goals and assignments. All of the employees were open and very helpful, and we always had help when we needed it.

Cons

No performance reviews were made during the internship, so I don't know what they thought of my personal performance as an intern.

Keep the open door policy in the office. It's really helpful to know that those with experience and influence are always available.

Amazing Student Internship!

Current Employee - Strategy Consultant in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Strategy Consultant in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This internship gave me hands on experience to accomplish real tasks in a growing and fast paced business. The greatest part of interning at AutoPoint was the opportunity to learn from and directly work with the Senior Management Team. It was an incredible opportunity to report directly to the Managing Director and to receive his insights. The work environment at AutoPoint is exceptional. It was a blast getting to know the employees and to work with many of them. This internship encouraged open-minded thinking and introducing new ideas. During the time I interned a few of the key skills I got to strengthen are building and presenting business presentations/decks, working in Excel, research, forecast, team work and ultimately create a full business model. It was an overall phenomenal experience. I would highly recommend this to anyone. AutoPoint is a hard working environment with high expectations, but in addition to the great work atmosphere they also enjoy getting out and doing fun things as a company.

Cons

There really weren't any cons of this internship experience. Performance reviews during the internship would have been great to get an understanding of where I could improve during the internship experience.

As mentioned in the con section performance reviews during the internships would add to the learning experience. I would also suggest providing more background information about the company and the product at the beginning of the internship for a more clear understanding from the get go. The entire experience was incredible.

This company is going places!

Current Employee - Business Strategy Intern in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Business Strategy Intern in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

AutoPoint has a great company culture. As an intern I was always treated as part of the team and there is little to no bureaucracy. I always felt like I could talk to anyone at anytime and get an answer to my questions. During my time at AutoPoint I was able to do meaningful work and grow my skill set as a business person.

Cons

My internship was only for <30 hours per week, which personally I liked, but if you feel you really want to work 40 hours as an intern you might not be able to. Be ready to perform as an AutoPoint employee. If you just want to coast through and not put in the work you won't thrive with this company.

Continue pursuing a culture of open improvement and communication. Overall this company has a rock star senior management team and together they are pushing AutoPoint to improve and grow in new places.

Great company with quality team!

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone has a sense of ownership in the company and day to day activities. You feel as if the Management team values your opinion and the work you do. It is exciting to be a part of a company that is constantly evolving. Work and life balance has always been a plus. It is encouraging to have a team of people that not only support you in the work environment but personally as well.

Cons

Keeping up with the volume of change is no doubt a challenge but it is what makes the company stand out from the rest.

Excited to be here. Great things to come.

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership works hard to communicate openly and share vision. Committed to helping team members grow and become as successful as possible. Tons of opportunity within AutoPoint and Solera for career advancement.

Cons

At times, new approaches to thinking, process and accountability can be uncomfortable, but would you rather be comfortable of part of something great?

Continue to lead openly with boldness and conviction. Be urgent. Value communication and teamwork.

A great way to spend the work week

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the markers of good leadership is the willingness to do what they are asking of their teams. At Autopoint we work for those who breath that model. The phrase "Open Door" is epitimized. However, more than an invitation to voice dissatisfaction the open door here is one that allows all members of all teams, regardless of rank, to make suggestions and sometimes even pilot those ideas.
    Management asks for a lot, but they are willing to do it too, and if you think you have a better idea, it's invited to be shared.
    There is always a willingness to change what doesn't seem to be working...sometimes it gets changed because it isn't working well enough!

Cons

The work-life balance leans in the direction of work at Autopoint. As a nation wide company within multiple time zones calls may come in pretty early for one coast and they can ring late for the other.
    Our clients have demanding schedules and sometimes, our schedules need to bend to in unique directions

Continue to be willing to reevaluate all policies, proceedures and structures at all times.

Change and Nepotism

I have been working at AutoPoint

Pros

Autopoint is an okay place to work. The managers try very hard to do what is best for the company and the employees. Compensation is okay but the benefits are very expensive.

Cons

Constant change for the sake of change especially now that Solera is involved. Also the Solera principles feel like they are trying to indoctrinate us into a religion. Nepotism used to be a huge problem for the company in the old days and it went away only to come back again recently. How many managers relatives work here now. 5 maybe 6. Wonder if Solera is okay with that.

Spend more time on the company, its products, and customers and less time on educating us.

Interesting Work, Great Teammates, Awesome Customers

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at AutoPoint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

AutoPoint has a good compensation and benefits plan, which includes a 401k match and an industry-standard PTO plan.
    The teamwork, intra-departmental, is beyond reproach. Truly, I have never worked at a company before where teammates are so willing to help each other.
    They have a beautiful new, centrally-located office, just off the I-15 freeway with many convenient restaurants and other amenities nearby.
    The work is continually engaging and the customer base is absolutely fantastic. I can't stress this enough, the customers are amazing to work for.

Cons

Human capital flight (Brain Drain)
    Communication issues between departments
    Perceived lack of employer/employee loyalty and appreciation
    A great deal of change; expected and not.

Streamlining process is smart and good business, yet increasing EBITDA at the cost of those that help make the profit seems counterintuitive and myopic.
    Overall you have a team that is extremely loyal to the company but there is a perception that this loyalty isn't returned.
    Your Blog touts the importance of dealership employee retention, customer loyalty, listening to service reviews, etc... These insights aren't only valid for our customers.
    AutoPoint is a fantastic company with limitless potential; please don't forget about the rank and file employees. We are what ultimately make the company successful.