AutoTrader Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated August 31, 2014
Updated August 31, 2014
3.4

Sandy Schwartz

Pros
  • At one time you could make great money, work from home, cool parties, great product (in 12 reviews)

• Work/life balance highly encouraged (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is gone since they have taken away things, like telecommuting (in 12 reviews)

• Excessive meetings from upper management to lower level employees (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

85 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work! Definitely worth exploring

Cons

Political at times but with good intent

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AutoTrader full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture and people.
    Strong focus on training and development.
    Lots of opportunity to move around - need to build a strong network within the company
    Competitive salary and benefits.
    If you like change, this company will keep you busy and challenged.

Cons

If you don't like a lot of change, this is not the place for you. Direction and focus changes rapidly and regularly.
    Still a young company so they are figuring out how to retain entrepreneurial culture yet establish consistency and structure. This can be frustrating.
    Work life balance can be tough in some roles/departments.

Great Company with lots of Perks

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career Development, Benefits, Company Culture, Community Service

Cons

The environment is very fast pacing and constantly changing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work. Maturing company.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Approachable, down-to-earth employees and management.
    - Growth opportunities for those who seek it.
    - Occasional work from home.

Cons

- Change happens often.
    - Each department seems to have it's own culture, some more formal with less work/life balance than others.
    - Young company that grew very fast. Catching up on rules, policies; determining employee perks, etc.

If you like repetitive tasks and netflix this job is for you

Former Employee - Digital Media Designer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Digital Media Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AutoTrader full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool office, fast internet, fancy break room you'll never have time to use. MARTA accessible. You can work from home part time. Community outreach. Amazingly talented people.

Cons

Here's the thing, for someone coming straight out of school this is a golden opportunity. Aside from all of the micro-managing, complete lack of creativity (except for on the corporate teams), and minimal career growth this is a great gig. It literally requires only enough brain power to answer emails, create the worst kind of advertisements you've ever seen, and watch netflix or hulu. No really, I caught up on so much online video content I ran out of things to watch.

Your hours shift depending on the timezones you serve, which can be a hassle if you enjoy having early evenings.

The culture they have is interesting but pretty weak. In my opinion, the company lost it's spark about 5 or 6 years ago. Now it's corporate juggernaut, that promotes on responsibility rather than ability.

If you've had a decent career and are looking at autotrader, stick to the corporate jobs, anything in the Web / Design / and IT departments is pretty much just killing time.

Promote change in your organization, you have such potential to be Apple-Esque and be a major pillar in the Atlanta community, but you throw it away to keep the managers happy with controlling the bureaucracy.

The talent you have is completed wasted by red tape, needless meetings, and remote

I was incredibly excited to work at autotrader, and left counting my blessings for a better opportunity. While I was there, after having done the same thing everyday for months on end, the only glimmer of hope I had was hearing about how others had moved to corporate teams years before. What broke the camels back and sent me looking for new opportunities was finding out people in my department had in some cases been in the same position for 5 or 6 years and nothing truly on the horizon.

Great place to work depending on what department you are in

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great building, awesome gym, cool co-workers, good location and decent pay.

Cons

Constant change to the point where you never know what the next month will bring. A lot of managers don't understand what their employees do so they a poor representatives when change is coming down the pipeline. It's all about who you know, not necessarily how well you perform.

Change up the hiring process. We have hired some major idiots for management positions. Obviously we're not asking the right interview questions.

Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to learn and harness your skills

Cons

sometimes political in terms of whether or not to be transparent with internal clients and dealers

A good company that value employees and community service

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lot's of opportunities if you are having the right skill-sets. Continue grow and making profit with low competitions on the market.

Cons

Many changes in the recent years including top executives changes, business unites re-aliments. The changes are inevitable and maybe it's works out to be best for the business as a whole.

Love my role; love the company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the work that I do, and I have the freedom to do my job but also the guidance to continue to grow as an employee. Additionally, there always seem to be events, opportunities, prizes, giveaways, and snacks. It feels like they put a lot of emphasis on keeping employees engaged. I am, so I guess it's working!

Cons

Although I would consider it to be laid-back corporate, it's still a corporate environment, so if you're looking for a true dot-com feel, you may want to look elsewhere.

Great People, Great Benefits, Great Product

Current Employee - ATG Technology  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ATG Technology in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AutoTrader

Pros

-Awesome benefits
    -Great pay
    -Highly encourages team work, versus drawing targets on the backs of fellow co-workers
    -Fun environment (whole floor almost entirely dedicated to having fun with tv, billiards, ping-pong, video games, etc.)
    -Continuously growing company with a high demand product, even during a bad economy
    -Schedule flexibility
    -Ability to work from home occasionally

Cons

HR has been somewhat of a pain for me. When I started I was supposed to be set up with access to a lot of tools, to be provided by and handled through HR, and so much was missing when I arrived. I had to take extra time to personally fish for what I needed.

If you are a manager with a team, open up your schedule more so that your team can run more project progress/updates and questions by you, instead of telling your team to figure it out. Please give more guidance to your team.

Worked for AutoTrader? Contribute to the Community!