AutoZone Reviews

Reset
2.9
AutoZone Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Rhodes III
Bill Rhodes III

Pros
  • 20% discount is the only good thing (in 36 reviews)

• Fun environment to work in and you learn a lot (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours no appreciation no backing from upper management un real expectations for one person to fulfill (in 65 reviews)

• You start as part time for just over the minimum wage (in 43 reviews)

1. Great Place, However

Current Employee - Psm in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Psm in Wichita, KS

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

Autozone has a really flexible schedule so if you are in school or have another job, you will be able to do both. I can not speak for all stores, However with mine I have a great Store Manager. The employee discount is awesome Walmart only gives 10 percent. My store hard work is rewarded.

Cons

We must buy the uniforms, The hours can be very long I sometimes work 12 hours everyday. We are short staffed during peak times. I do not believe in suggestive selling, or having a checkout challenge. If I was a Costumer I would get POed at someone trying to sell me junk I don't need. We are rated or graded on everything we do. You maybe considered part time and only on the schedule for 30 hours a week but you may work more than that without being considered full time and get the benefits. We are expected to keep our store emaculate only problem is that We are a very high volume store and they only keep two people staffed at night and day people generally could care less about helping out.

Advice to Management

As to the leadership of Autozone I think they need to focus more on hardwork that is done by the employees. They need to quit with the checkout challenge and the suggestive selling. The increase in sales is nothing compared to having a POed Costumer. They need to quit leaving us shorthanded during peak times.

2. It is a great day to be an AutoZoner

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

We have a great team of AutoZoners, a great and incredibly successful business and strong relationships with our customers! How many companies are hiring right now. Enough said!

Cons

None, Good Sales, Great AutoZoners, a company that is hiring and paying its employees. A great future for anyone willing to join the team.

Advice to Management

Lets keep focus on "solving customers problems" and developing the future of our company by hiring and training talented AutoZoners.

3. good place to work, if you are single

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Algood, TN
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Algood, TN

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

always strong when alot of other companys are not

Cons

under staffed in stores and pay needs to be better. and as far as the check out challenge goes if you want us to sell it thats fine but enough with the fuel injector cleaner. we have flooded the market with this crap there are 200 diffrent types of FIC and i spend half my day trying to explain the diffrence between them. so quit holding over our heads that if we dont sell this crap we will be written up or terminated.

Advice to Management

remember where you came from , most of you came from a store so you can remember how it was.how about we focus more on selling parts and advice and a little less on chips and gum !!

love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

great work, great people.. never a dull moment helping people try to figure stuff out on their own, then they clearly should not be working on their own vehicles.

Cons

none, much better than the last auto parts store i worked at. however i wish there was more of a dress code difference for the store manager, to make it clear to customers

Advice to Management

send out letters to the stores, have them fill out questionaires, and have them answered, tallied, and taken into consideration. maybe Bill needs to apply for 'Undercover Boss'

Great experience.

Current Employee - Sales Person in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Person in Houston, TX

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

If you don't know much about car its ok, because you learn quick. You start seeing new car parts and learning what they are and what they do. Helps you, so you can help someone else. Good opportunity for advancement, not hard at all. You work with others that might have good car knowledge and you help each other. Fun environment, hours are very flexible. Discounts are ok.

Cons

Like other retail store, customers are about the only con sometimes when they insist they're right. but policy says, make them happy.

Advice to Management

If somebody wants to move up to management, hear them out give them a chance or explain why they don't need another manager at the moment, don't just blow it of as if you don't care, I've seen it at a couple stores.

7. I have not had a good expericence at AutoZone

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

The company is a good company to work for.

Cons

The District and Store Managers at AZ do not offer proper training and they lack communication with the employees and customers.

Advice to Management

The managers need more training and they should offer training to the employees for advancement within the company.

8. Very rewarding and challenging organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AutoZone

Pros

Love to help customers with their needs and concerns , AutoZone is the industry leader in customer satisifaction and customer service.

Cons

As with any publically held company we have to work more with less , this is especially true with human capital.

Advice to Management

Make sure that policies and programs have been tested before pushing them to the stores , the stores don't have the time to correct programs in the field.

9. Good place for part-time work

Former Employee - Parts Sales Representative - Customer Satisfaction in Sebring, FL

I worked at AutoZone

Pros

Very helpful employees overall great work enironment

Cons

Open later then Napa or Carquest

Advice to Management

none, keep up the good work

10. Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, management teams and training.

Cons

pay is just above min. wage, can be stressful at times

Advice to Management

focus on training employees and promoting correct employees

11. Just starting, corporate review took like 3 or 4 weeks to get me hired... ended up doing day labor while waiting!

Current Employee - Parts Sales in Gardner, MA
    Current Employee - Parts Sales in Gardner, MA

I have been working at AutoZone part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% store discount will be good, and its an easy job and I can help people with advice on how to fix their car.

Cons

9 Bucks an hour is pretty crappy, and i'll be part time, hopefully this will be my part time 2nd job and not my only source!

RSS Feed </> Embed