Autodesk

Autodesk Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Autodesk President, CEO, and Director Carl Bass

Carl Bass

Pros:
  • "Work/Life flexibility is not be confused with work/life balance"
    in 65 reviews
  • "Relatively stable job with good benefits"
    in 42 reviews
Cons:
  • "In some areas there is work life balance, but it all depends on who you work for"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Middle management seems pushed to limits - lots of paranoia and paralysis"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A wonderful place to work!

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsAutodesk's culture and its people are the best attributes of the company. I spent a long time there, and I had a wonderful run. The benefits are good, and comp plans are competitive. The work is exciting and engaging - especially when you consider how many ways the company's products touch our world. Brilliant technology, great people, good pay and benefits... you can't ask for a lot more if you want to work for a tech company - in the Bay Area or just about anyplace else on the planet!

ConsMiddle management can range from exceptional to inept. Some organizations can be insanely political - in my tenure, I saw this as leader-specific and not an Autodesk corporate standard. That being said, if you get caught in one of these vortices - get out asap. There are thousands of great jobs in the company, and just as many opportunities for success if you're diligent and smart.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't forget how Autodesk became a $2.5B USD company... people, products and customers. Yes, there are many opportunities on the horizon for the "New Autodesk" - but forcing that transition will not benefit the organization in the long run.

Good experience for an intern

Intern (Former Employee)
    Pune (India)

ProsGood work life balance
    Flexible timings
    Friendly management and environment
    Resourceful and helpful people around
    Valuable projects for interns
    Great Learning opportunities

ConsDepends on the team

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility, cool product, great benefits

ConsI don't remember any...really, it really is a great place to work

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsInnovative. Great exposure. Open communication. Great support on career development

ConsLack of change management. All changes are great but often turn into firedrill. No planning system. All planning and analysis are manual

Advice to Senior ManagementManage changes better. Consider to get some 6 sigma certified expert to help process improvement. Get a FP&A system in place to support analysis and decision making

Dynamic place to work. There's so much going on and so many opportunities to explore new technology.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, especially the 6 week sabbatical that employees receive every 4 years.

ConsThere really aren't none, although the company does downsize periodically - guess it's par for the course.

Flag Review
    Autodesk Talent Brand and Social Media Manager responded to this review Jun 20, 2014 EditDelete
    Thanks for the positive review, go team! Refer your friends :)

Software sales / License compliance manager

Territory Sales Manager/Training Director/Software Sales (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

Prosgood company good benifits

ConsHigh stress confrontational job, need challanger sales skills

Interesting, challenging work in a respectful environment that fosters growth

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsWork is varied and interesting, with solid growth and new opportunities, lots of opportunity for travel. The culture is respectful and nurtures employees who wish to explore new opportunities. Colleagues are intelligent and nice people for the most part, and management respects work life balance

ConsAs with any large company, some processes can be bureaucratic and cumbersome, with too many people involved in a process. Sometimes hard to get oversight of what other departments or geographical divisions are working on

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more transparence between departments so that we can understand what each other is working on.

Great career growth and opportunities for the long term

Pros- Amazing benefits (sabbatical in the US every four years, week off between Xmas and New Year's, employee stock purchase program)
    - Tons of opportunities for working in different locations, on different products, for different groups within the company. I've been able to work in four locations on multiple continents on many products in many groups and always been able to keep growing in every new role.
    - Fantastic customers who produce amazing, amazing things with our products!
    - Our mission is to Help Customers Imagine, Design, and Create a Better World. It's meaningful and is really what we try to do every day!

Cons- Because of the sabbatical and "week of rest", fewer vacation days throughout a typical year in the US.
    - Like many publicly traded companies, the stock market can directly impact training, hiring, spending so tight times can be more frustrating

Advice to Senior ManagementI've been in the company over a decade. I love the shift to cloud and consumer and the maker world. Lately there's been great communication about what we're trying to do for customers and why, and I'd just like to see that communication continue!

I have worked here for over a decade and have never once wanted to look outside the company for another job!

Industry Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    San Rafael, CA

ProsI have been lucky to have great managers and work with smart, talented people. I love the culture (flexibility, work-life balance, great benefits and you can bring your dog to work!).

ConsIt would be great to see more people move up from inside the company rather than hiring from outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work-life balance culture and flexibility! As a single mom this makes EVERYTHING so much easier. It keeps me (and my colleagues) happy, working hard, and super proud to be an Autodesk employee.

Flag Review
    Autodesk Talent Brand and Social Media Manager responded to this review May 2, 2014 EditDelete
    What a nice review, thanks for sharing!

Long timer. Still here :)

Software Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Singapore (Singapore)

ProsExciting projects. Company making changes to work with new technologies and business models.

ConsDecision making, not the most organized culture (can also be a benefit)

Worked for Autodesk? Contribute to the Community!

Autodesk Videos

Autodesk – Why Work for Us?

Change is all around us, from a global population boom and spiraling energy costs to worldwide commoditization and climate change. The environment in which we live is rapidly shifting, and that change means opportunity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Autodesk reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Autodesk CEO Carl Bass. All 476 reviews posted anonymously by Autodesk employees.