Autodesk Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Operation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk

Pros

Great products, smart people, work flexibility, 6 weeks sabbatical every 4 years

Cons

Big organization so lot of administration, processes. Take forever to get anything done - Slow to adapt new ideas -

Advice to Management

Need to have less top down approach. Need an improvement in a quality of leadership skills of middle management.

2. Great place to work

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great environment for highly motivated individuals. Autodesk provides excellent growth opportunities. Careers at Autodesk are very rewarding.

Cons

In some cases the opportunities and the compensation drive you to go the extra mile. While not a con, it can detract from work/life balance.

Great mission and environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time

Pros

One of the best things I found in the company didn't really occur to me before I got in. The mission of the company, to build quality software, tools and even frameworks for today's industry is something rewarding to be part of. They really take care of their employees in terms of benefits, I have nothing to complain about and the environment is just great. I had the chance to experience many ways of working with sit/stand desks, treadmill desks, couches all over the place and many resources to make your work environment comfortable. Socially is also a good environment and management and H.R. often promote activities that help you integrate and get to know very well your colleagues. Most people are highly creative and friendly.

Cons

Due to the size and complexity of the organization, getting anything done paperwork-wise often involves external companies that due to the scale that they operate, hardly makes it an easy process to you. Fortunately it's only hassle every few months.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!

Autodesk Response

Jun 30, 2015 – Intern- Social Talent

Thank you for your review! As you mentioned, part of being a larger company does pose certain challenges but we appreciate your feedback and honesty as to your experience at Autodesk.

Corporate Confusion

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Autodesk full-time

Pros

Decent pay, nice benefits. California offices are really nice. Internally they're trying to "Googlefy" themselves and it's showing, but to be honest it seems kind of pointless.

Cons

Seems to be a lack of engagement with management. Career path not really obvious. The company's way of innovation is by acquiring more startups. I don't think that's good for the long-term. The stocks and fiscal reports reflect that.

Sr Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice salary and benefit. Smart people with humor. Many company events which brought ppl together and got familiar with each other. Strong products.

Cons

Frequent Org change. Tons of meetings. Direction not very clear. Too many contractors but they played key role to make decision. It might not be good for long term.

Advice to Management

Reduce Org changes. Focus on service delivery.

Nondisclosure

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Autodesk is an innovative company making products that inspire people. It is common to see where you can make a real difference in peoples life.

Cons

Career paths are limited. Bonuses and Stock grants are not really tied to personal performance and are more of a reflection of how well you play politics.

Advice to Management

Don't be so worried about handing out titles. We keep losing great people to other companies because it is the only way they can progress in their careers.

Decent company

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Autodesk

Pros

Mature tech company so they are not crazy with the hours and have good processes in place for doing things and getting things done. Management is doing a good job of moving into the company to virtual space and staying very competitive.

Cons

Pace is getting faster and faster as Autodesk feels the need to innovate and keep current with virtual technology. They are trying to do so by outsourcing like crazy and keeping full time staff to a minimum, so work is getting faster and harder.

Advice to Management

Management needs to balance outsource staff with full time staff and retain more full time, since things are not getting done by offshore members.

Autodesk is great, keep improving.

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with people smarter than you, compensation, great software.

Cons

Constant re-orgs, layoffs, work life balance, politics.

Advice to Management

When you do a re-org, allow enough time for those changes to take effect before you do the next one.

Interesting if you like making

I worked at Autodesk (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, opportunity to use a great workshop

Cons

It's operated completely in a different way in some group. In the group I was in, middle management decided that we have to be on-site Monday through Friday.

Autodesk Response

Jul 20, 2015 – Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

Thanks for this feedback. I work closely with the leaders of the social media and PR team and can understand where you're coming from. PR works in "sprints" where we focus communication on a ... More

11. Creative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual culture Creative environment Grounded senior management Employees can learn & use CNC and 3D printing equipment

Cons

Compensation and benefits Corporative Vague organizational structure and responsibility chain

RSS Feed </> Embed