Autoliv

Be The First To
Add Photos

Autoliv President, CEO, and Director Jan Carlson

Jan Carlson

Pros
  • nice people, good benefits, and competitive pay(in 3 reviews)

• I liked my team a lot and was given good opportunities to contribute(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and HR seem to be a little to "equal" oppertunity(in 3 reviews)

• This plant closed in 2009 due to difficult times in automotive due to recession(in 3 reviews)

Engineering Intern at Autoliv

Intern (Former Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsGreat environment, managers are great to work with. A lot of room to experiment and do your own thing. Once you have the trust of your manager, you can really get a lot done in a just a summer. I felt like I was a necessary part of the team when I left.

ConsIt takes some time to get used to not having a clear objective. It also takes some time to get the trust of managers and engineers.

Great Company

Engineer (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsI have a great manager and the pay is pretty good. The hours are very stable, and there is always a problem to solve and work to be done, which makes things interesting.

ConsUpper management doesn't provide a clear direction for the company. The corporate initiatives often seem like a wasted effort, without very practical or clear objectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would be clearer to all employees the direction the ship is headed instead of the corporate non-sense talk.

Long term ability to grow

Buyer (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsStable environment that has allowed me to try many organizations functional areas. I have worked within purchasing, operations, customer accounts and design engineering.

ConsYou have to find you own place within the organization, no one is looking out for you. Even after returning from an overseas assignments, ex patriots are not given support.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many ways to achieve our goals. They want to dictate both process and results. This hold back innovative solutions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its a good company, but employee moral has gone down hill

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsHealth Benefits, flexible when going to school.

ConsNever know when your getting a raise. You have to beg to get one.
    If your going to school and get your degree, don't expect a promotion.
    I know 5 people that left the company after getting there degrees. I'm next.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote your employees.

Autoliv

Amt (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsThis is a technically advanced company and the technoogy is amazing. The company is very into lean manufacturing and a lot of the managers truly believe in the "Don't Judge Don't Blame" view of things. The company believes in education and has a great education benefit program if you are wise enought to take advantage of it. I have been with the company a long time and it has taken good care of me.

ConsThere is still some politics just like you find in every company. Some of the managers are egotistical but no more than any other place I have worked. If you want to advance you must have a degree even if you have been with the company for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building current employees which in turn will build a better workplace.

Good and stable. But not much to move forward.

Engineering Intern (Mechanical) (Former Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsAtmosphere is absolutely great
    People really nice - much like a family
    Good opportunity to interface with customers and suppliers of Autoliv like GM, VW and Avery Dennison

ConsA little boring occassionally; not dynamic enough sometimes
    General atmosphere is also a little gloomy on some days
    Less chance of moving higher up quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employment at Autoliv more dynamic and rigorous and engaging

The Autoliv experience is eye opening on how many issues this safety giant struggles with.

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsDecent benefits, friendly co-workers, OK pay

ConsInternal red tape often gets in the way of getting things done. Management is rarely helpful until the issue is red-hot. There is a system for everything but nobody knows where, what, why or how to use it properly. Consequently, systems are often times skirted in order to get things done. Raises are rare and barely keep up with inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to how systems are working between facilities and departments. Keep processes that add value and eliminate those that do not. Design systems for the typical work flow, not for the exception.

just a job

Production Worker (Former Employee) Tremonton, UT

Prospay and benefits were higher than others in our area.close to home..didnt have far to travel knew a lot of people from town that also work there.

Consthe opportunities for advancemnt seemed to always be given to friends of management..even though people had been there for years,new or younger employees...especially friends of management recieved the priorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all of your employees fairly.

I'm learning more and more every day!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Brigham City, UT

ProsEveryone treats each other with respect, and you can listen to your iPod with one bud in your ear, except when driving a forklift or a Taylor-Dunn. The cafeteria is cheap, healthy and always ready if you forget your lunch.

ConsThe work gets monotonous at times, because your job never changes so your doing the same thing over and over.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes the language gets offensive and out-of-control when boredom gets extreme. If there was a way to keep the atmosphere respectful and positive, I would recommend it.

Best place I ever worked

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Columbia City, IN

ProsIt was almost effortless to make a difference.
    So easy to make improvements.
    Best, well trained, good natured hourly workforce I've ever encountered.
    Great systems! This made being a quality engineer easy in comparison to other places.
    Support from plant manager and other to "fix" problems and make them go away. Corrective actions were the plants highest priority and got fixed in days, not weeks or months.

ConsCulture among some management of the "cool" club.
    Quality manager thought he was great, but really was the "weakest link" in the management team.
    This plant closed in 2009 due to difficult times in automotive due to recession.

Advice to Senior ManagementSteering wheel business is now in the war zone of Reynosa, Mexico over Autoliv- Columbia City and Autoliv- Queretaro, Mexico which have both closed or are closing. This move to Reynosa looks good on paper, but seems so non-representative of Autoliv's core values of concern for their employees. I have heard stories of fear for life of engineers and unqualified staff at border plant.

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!