Autoliv

Be The First To
Add Photos

Autoliv President, CEO, and Director Jan Carlson

Jan Carlson

Pros
  • nice people, good benefits, and competitive pay (in 3 reviews)

• I liked my team a lot and was given good opportunities to contribute (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and HR seem to be a little to "equal" oppertunity (in 3 reviews)

• This plant closed in 2009 due to difficult times in automotive due to recession (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for!

Engineering Project Team Leader (Current Employee)

ProsGood work life balance, plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement, good training programs. Managers are genuine and looking to promote people within the company. Company culture is very good and very strong.

ConsVery process oriented, too many approvals needed for almost everything. Sometimes it takes a long time to fix something that should be easily fixed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and develop high potential candidates. The company will need the next round of mid-level managers quickly!

too much politcs

Manager| (Current Employee)

ProsThere is always a problem to solve and work to be done, which makes your days short.
    Worked within engineering, production and maintenance.

ConsUpper management likes politics instead of results, which makes everyone taking care of their own back.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people.

Overall not a bad place to work

Coordinator (Former Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsBenefits are better then most employers, but a cost a little more every year and now cost above average. Decent wages but top out quickly for workers without some kind of degree. Education assistance is a nice benefit. Good and cheap in house Cafe.

ConsUpper management and HR seem to be a little to "equal" oppertunity. If you can't check off at least one box on the list of possible minorites and /or dicriminated groups ( i.e. race, gender, sexaul orintation), you're not condisered for promotion unless none applied. If they need to trim fat and your boss doesn't care for you he/she will find a reason to fire you instead of doing a RIF and pay seperation benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the best person for the job regardless if is just another middle age married straight white guy. Don't be affraid to face baseless accusations of discrimination when you pick the best applicant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life changing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone is part of saving lives on a daily basis through the engineering and design of safety restraint systems.

ConsOffice culture dictates to follow certain behaviors but management does not fully support the behaviors. Work-life balance is not supported in all departments by all managers.

Limited experience

Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsTransparent technical and business operations
    Excellent Work/Life balance

ConsLimited scope of work or career progression

not bad at all

IT Helpdesk Engineer (Former Employee) Braşov (Romania)

Prosnice bunch of people
    a lot of international people and that is pretty much it
    somewhat good pay package, if you got good negotiation skills

Cons-twelve hour shifts in the weekend, that are re-compensated in 3free days (though in money that would mean more) - but the framework is illegal for that
    -no professionalism
    -HR employees discussing sometimes their processes of recruiting in front of others
    -long time to get to the office, no paid extra hours
    -expectation to stay over working hours, but no clear statement that transportation would be paid for doing this when staying over hours as the offices are far out of town and no public transport available
    -no real training, just inside - so no possibility of certification training and no recreational facilities.

Advice to Senior Managementmight want to pay more attention why all your good people are leaving and you only stick with the lot, and stop favoritism and nepotism.

Great!

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

Prosfriendly staff, down to earth work environment

Consno room to grow within the company

Overall a great company to work for that has a passion for occupant safety

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsThe work has a purpose which is to save lives through automotive occupant safety
    The atmosphere is one of teamwork without too much of the politics that can occur in a large corporation
    Good opportunity through advancement if the hard work is put in
    Goal oriented company which has helped to cement it's future as the best in the business

ConsSometimes there are too many meetings that don't necessarily get the job done

It's alright.

ProsColleagues are mostly respectful people.

ConsSometimes people stick to what they know and are afriad of changes and ideas new to them.

Good

Algorithm Engineer (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsGOOD working environment, nice people and nice management.
    Flexible time schedule

ConsCold weather, need to work longer sometimes

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!