Autoliv

Be The First To
Add Photos

Autoliv President, CEO, and Director Jan Carlson

Jan Carlson

Pros
  • nice people, good benefits, and competitive pay (in 3 reviews)

• I liked my team a lot and was given good opportunities to contribute (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and HR seem to be a little to "equal" oppertunity (in 3 reviews)

• This plant closed in 2009 due to difficult times in automotive due to recession (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Not bad, not bad at all.

IT Helpdesk Agent Engineer (Former Employee) Braşov (Romania)

Pros- Really nice, young people.
    - Learning new stuff, being able to see how a big company works.
    - Working in 5 shifts that change every other week: (this is pro but goes both ways)
    - Vacation bonus, Christmas bonus, Easter bonus ... etc
    - Team building

Cons- Not many career opportunities
    - Base salary is low compared to other companies (there are bonuses involved though)
    - Unpaid overtime.
    - Working on weekends twelve hour shifts.

Advice to Senior Management- Invest in the professional development of the employee. A happy worker is a productive worker.

Application eningeer

ProsEverything. Managers, colleagues and enviroment

ConsDistance to home had to drive 50 miles to get to work

OK multinational company

Project Purchase (Current Employee) Braşov (Romania)

ProsOK.....good salary, good PU department,

Conswork mostly based on urgent task

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding and challenging work in automotive safety and meeting the demands of an increasingly global corporate culture.

ProsDepth of technical knowledge and experience of retained employees, still better-than-average corporate culture sincerely emphasizing continuous improvement and ethical behavior, new initiatives to maintain quality and technical edge, management priorities are conservative yet growth-oriented, opportunities for global assignments

ConsCheck-in-the-box mentality has been an unpleasant side effect of global standardization, no formal mentorship program or recognition of the benefits of one, somewhat alarming recent increase in turnover mostly among promising younger and mid-career employees, relatively flat structure can make lateral moves enticing, but limit opportunities for upward movement, quest to become a "global company" is straining the culture that once made the company great

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue pushing conservative fiscal management along with policies to encourage technological innovation and quality improvements. Do not sacrifice the culture that has been nurtured over decades for quick growth opportunities in developing markets, or risk even larger scale quality and ethics problems than seen recently. Develop and retain young talent with a strong mentorship program and rotational opportunities outside those provided to co-ops.

Employee Friendly, Very well cultured

Software (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsFlexible timings, Friendly environment, Good management team.

ConsNO canteen in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great job. Continue the same.

Autoliv gave me a challenging work environment with plenty of growth opportunities

Deputy Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThey are very open to implementing changes. The people are motivated to work together as a strong team. Leadership has very strong experience in this field.

ConsSometimes customers can be demanding, and you need to go above and beyond what you would normally do in order to keep them happy.

Review

ProsThere are compensations and benefits.

ConsI believe Management is decent.

My first job was in this company

ProsLeadership, Quality, Learning and Career development

ConsStress, poor life balance and low compensations

Great Company

Engineer (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsI have a great manager and the pay is pretty good. The hours are very stable, and there is always a problem to solve and work to be done, which makes things interesting.

ConsUpper management doesn't provide a clear direction for the company. The corporate initiatives often seem like a wasted effort, without very practical or clear objectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would be clearer to all employees the direction the ship is headed instead of the corporate non-sense talk.

Long term ability to grow

Buyer (Current Employee) Ogden, UT

ProsStable environment that has allowed me to try many organizations functional areas. I have worked within purchasing, operations, customer accounts and design engineering.

ConsYou have to find you own place within the organization, no one is looking out for you. Even after returning from an overseas assignments, ex patriots are not given support.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many ways to achieve our goals. They want to dictate both process and results. This hold back innovative solutions.

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!