Automic Software Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Automic Software CEO Todd DeLaughter
Todd DeLaughter

1. Very technically oriented with great product.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Automic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technical yet good work-life balance. International company that recognizes the need to have occasional in-person sync meetings between sites People at all levels are easy to talk to. The management tends to make good decisions

Cons

May not be the best environment for someone who prefers a large, corporate environment -- you will need to be assertive about getting your questions answered. Coordinating across time zones can be challenging

Advice to Management

persist with improving your leadership team

Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Automic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture. Interesting projects. Great compensation plan.

Cons

Turn over of top management.

Advice to Management

Get a senior executive team and execute.

3. -

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Automic Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. Unfortunately they are moving the Lisle office to the US headquarters in Bellevue, WA.

Cons

Since the company is spread out into multiple countries and cities throughout the world, communication between departments can be time consuming.

Acquisiton wipeout

I worked at Automic Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

World wide presence. To select staff will encourage geographic movement.

Cons

Bias to European background and youth (that might be just for lower cost)

Advice to Management

If continuing to buy companies, learn how to do a professional job of cutting staff. This was worse than being acquired by CA

A company with no momentum trying to find it's way.

I worked at Automic Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There were some good people. Fun work outings. Free parking. The benefits were decent (401k/match, free soft drinks, health insurance, average PTO)

Cons

This company can't grow organically, so they bought ORSYP. The technology, while reliable and solid, is moldy technology. It's old school on-premise software. Lot's of management and executive turnover. This should be a red flag to anyone. The company seems to go through one CMO per year. The internal politics at this company is ridiculous. No stock options which is crazy for a technology company (at least here in the US).

Advice to Management

Focus on innovation and stop trying to be BMC, IBM, or CA

Once a great company, now in shambles all due to greed.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Automic Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Once upon a time, UC4 as it was known, was a fantastic company in almost every sense. From the top down (with some reservations towards the former CEO), everyone was dedicated to building a top tier software company. With almost 25 years of history, they still felt like a start-up but had the experience to be a leader in the marketplace. The compensation is still above-par, but quotas have increased and territories have been cut in half or more. There are also great people in Sales Ops, Dev, Consulting etc. and always willing to help.

Cons

From my perspective, the downward spiral for Automic began with the sale of itself to EQT. There was almost no transparency in the process and later, discovered much of what was told to us were lies. Since then, almost all of Sales Management has left (CEO, President, VP's of Sales and VP of GSO). Most were made scapegoats for the fact that the company could not achieve unrealistic and ridiculous growth numbers. The new CSO has coincidentally, brought in replacements from his former life. To say the least, almost everything has changed, and not in a good way. While most AE's had great years, almost all are miserable and are constantly being hounded on a daily basis on pipeline/forecast calls. Focus on customer support and development has diminished. Almost no one trusts leadership as they are the only ones set to profit on Automic's eventual sale to yet another company or the lofty goal of going public. .

Advice to Management

Hand out shovels to all the employees. At least give them the tools to bury their own graves.

European-owned company that is a tale of 2 companies (spoiler: the US version sucks)

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Automic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, consistent amount of training made available, fun outings, and many of the people are great (see below for otherwise).

Cons

I went on mat leave as an EA for two executives and came back to a front desk receptionist role. They blatantly ignored a doctor's note advising I work from home during my pregnancy and threatened me with either taking a part time role with benefits or doing a fulltime role I didn't want with a performance improvement plan. Needless to say - their record with both support staff and pregnant women is terrible. I loved the two executives I supported and they made my job truly incredible. Unfortunately the mentality towards support staff is as a second class citizen, so I would strongly advise against any role such as EA, office manager, receptionist, etc. There are a lot of well tenured employees who have entrenched themselves and are in conflict with the new wave of talent (many at senior levels) they have brought in. Turmoil and chaos are two words that immediately come to mind. A hot mess is the one I gravitate towards.

Advice to Management

Adopt a more constructive and functional view of support personnel. The attitude of them being interchangeable peons is directly correlated to the massive churn that you see in these roles.

PreSales Engineer

Former Employee - Pre Sales Engineer
    Former Employee - Pre Sales Engineer

I worked at Automic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart People, Nice benefits, good opportunities

Cons

No management, Terrible product, difficult and way behind the competition.

Advice to Management

Be focused

10. I was an executive.

I worked at Automic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong talent pool. Great market opportunity. Good collaborative and collegial culture. Experienced driven management.

Cons

Competitive market. Technical complexity. Geographical spread business that requires travel.

Advice to Management

Keep building and executing the strategic and international vision and plans.

11. GFun company, great people

I have been working at Automic Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is willing to invest in tools and systems to improve productivity. Management actively seeks and rewards for new ideas and innovation. Fun corporate culture. Truly a global company with daily interaction among colleagues from all time zones. I really enjoy my co-workers.

Cons

Work/life balance needs improvement. With a global workforce comes email requests at all hours of the day and night. It's difficult to unplug as a result.

RSS Feed </> Embed