Automotive Finance Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Don Gottwald

Great place to work!

ProsCompetitive salary, good time off & benefits right form the start.

Consmedical benefits have a one month waiting period

One of the worst places I ever worked.

AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsBenefits, Independence, laptop, cellphone, iPad.

ConsPaperwork, bureaucracy, too many chiefs not enough Indians, meetings, meetings, meetings. Not enough hours in a day to do what they want you to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet Sales People do what you hired them to do, SELL.

Crapshoot Dependent Upon Who You Report to

Annonymou (Current Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsBenefits are good. Majority of Senior Management are approachable and personable, creating a team-like environment. Their visions are inspiring and the President (Don Gottwald) may be one of the most brilliant leaders I know. As I mention in the "Cons" section, pay is not very competitive for office-type jobs but each department is it's own "team" which is nice (or has the potential to be dependent on who your direct supervisor is).

ConsAs with any company, it seems as though Senior Management has little idea or appreciation for how hard non-manager employees work. It is sometimes demoralizing to see the disconnect between the top and bottom of the food chain as it relates to daily operations. Starting pay (from my research) is below comparable to jobs elsewhere. Raises are mediocre at best. The other "con" is that you feel constantly evaluated.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want the right people on the bus, take care of them once hop aboard.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Run Away!!!!!

Management (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsThe pros are your nearest boss is several states away.

ConsWhere do I start....There are no real vacations, days off or sick days-you will work through them. Forget about lunches or breaks. They work you like a dog. Upper management are incompetent morons who blame everyone under them for their inefficiencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKill yourselves.

I enjoyed my work at AFC.......but had very limited regional mgr support.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAFC is a challenging and rewarding work environment at the branch level.

ConsA number of the regional managers and above are out of touch. Some (ND) are ladder climbers who only care about their careers and micro manage everyone they manage. ND is more concerned about image rather than substance. If you are not in his "click" you will be out of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an honest effort to know your branch employees and what it takes to run branch. There is more to a branch than an ABH.
    Using illegally gained information to make business decisions shows your lack of integrity.

Bureaucratic Enviroment that prefers process over people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tracy, CA

ProsDecent benefits and personal time off

ConsTraining is the worst! Yet discipline like you are a child. Complete disregard for employees even ones who have years with company. You can advance if you want more pressure and 24 hr contact. Also if you like to be a brown noser and fake then they like that. Don't give them any of your feelings or truth about what goes on in each branch. They don't like hearing truths.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more hands on training person to person Not computer and conference training. Treat people with respect and understand that Human Beings are not perfect not even HR which is on power trip!

AFC Information Technology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsRank and file employees good to work with. Decent benefits and interesting work. They are adding more cutting edge technology and bringing AFC into the 21st century.

ConsThe IT Management. The current application development manager knows nothing about IT programming but is a micro manager who thinks she does. There are never multiple ways to do anything. Only hers (even it it won't work) and the wrong way. If you make a mistake expect to be punished for it, even if you were only doing what you were told to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees knowledge. This is the Peter principal in action.

Careful who you trust

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Boise, ID

ProsGood pay and benefits. When I worked for them the wasted crazy money on trips and "training" meetings.

ConsIt was all about sucking up to the right people. The turnover here is terribly high and its for a reason. They turn on you in a heartbeat. Was told to do unethical things on numerous occasions by my Manager and VP. Nobody takes responsibility but very quick to spread the blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your ethics and treat your people and clients with respect.

Good people; limited opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pleasant Prairie, WI

ProsThe company offered extremely great benefits to their employees. There was limited room for career growth. The promotions were all about who you knew and not what you knew.

ConsThere was limited room for career growth. The promotions were all about who you knew and not what you knew.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the current employees; they have a voice and great ideas from the front end users and first hand knowledge.

Disorganized

ProsEnjoy working with several customers.

ConsUnrealistic employee and company goals and little employee support from management. Little trust for employees and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees and their successes. Positive reinforcement works much better than negative comments.

Worked for Automotive Finance Corporation? Contribute to the Community!