Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc

Add Photos

Joseph Hogan

AMCI Tours-Interesting, Fun, Flexible, competitive pay

Right Seat(Product Specialist) (Former Employee) Marina del Rey, CA

ProsSome people hope for a traditional 9-5 job, and I do not. I love working on a 4-8 week(or longer) tour travelling the USA with fun and intelligent coworkers, and passing our product knowledge and brand presence onto the consumer in an ever changing environment. After the 4-8 week project is done, I can schedule another project to begin in the future and travel for my own enjoyment until then! Pay is great, especially if you can live in a cheaper city. Being able to say that you work for a OMNICOM owned company also looks great on a resume, and I'm sure it helps provide more structure to AMCI. My hotel and airline miles are also higher than most, which is nice for getting upgrades! The exposure to both the automotive industry and to the experiential marketing industry can open opportunities elsewhere.

ConsFor those who have specific budgeting needs and need to know exactly how much they will make every month, AMCI is not the best. After working a tour, sometimes it can take a few weeks to a month before your next tour is scheduled and you need to have the money to weather the slow times. Also, for the family person hoping to be at home with his kids or spouse, it is difficult because there is a ton of travel involved if you are working full time. I fit AMCI tours around my personal business schedule, and it works out great for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive tour members advancement opportunities, more transparent pay and/or reasons for differences in pay. Give them the opportunity for training on new skills to keep them relevant in the experiential marketing world(OSHA certification, etc). The new scheduling system that is being unveiled currently will hopefully help fix any scheduling problems that can arise when sending hundreds and hundreds of people to all corners of the country. Overall while there is always room for improvement I'd say that things are

AMCI - One of a kind

Creative Director (Former Employee) Marina del Rey, CA

ProsSupportive, fun group with team spirit galore! They're the leader in automotive marketing and it shows. They know their stuff and expect that you will too. Great opportunities for advancement. It's a place you can call home.

ConsOne of the things that made AMCI #1 is their work ethic, which means long hours, weekends and acts of heroism. If you thrive in this kind of environment, you will be richly rewarded. Clock watchers need not apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though a lean staff helps keep profits high, a larger crew would reduce wear and tear on your people and their loved ones.

Amci does not appreciate hard work

ProsThey can pay very well

ConsThey do act like junior high

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like junior high, like everybody else says you do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work pays off

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTight, fun group of smart, smart people who thrive on working hard and being creative. VERY supportive of those who want to advance and contribute to the company as a whole. Your efforts are well rewarded in the form of good base salary, bonuses and personal support.

ConsLate nights and weekends are expected. Many long hours of meetings, meeting, meetings.

They think they're awesome, but....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSolid company mission. They do pick up industry contracts. Many long-time employees are superbly able.

ConsVery poor at recognizing new talent. I came to the company with a solid background in event producing and management and yet was started at entry level and then really kept down there for months. I ended up reporting to people with less than a quarter of my experience. Overall, the field teams are very clique-ish. Occasionally, unprofessional behavior is over looked and accepted.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you paid some attention to the skill that your new hires were bringing to the table you might be much more successful.

AMCI

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of exposure to automotive industry and news therefore Increasing my personal knowledge of the industry. A positive feeling of camradrie among employees.

ConsLong, long hours. Leadership lacked the capability to communicate and instill the company's vision to the employees. Management style is very good 'ol boy .

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like the cliques we all experienced in junior high and do a better job of including more staff in company processes.

Good product bad experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood program and product when properly scheduled.

ConsPoor communication when there are problems. Pointless meetings with questionable results. Company concept and product good but personnel "clique'ish".

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency to embrace all employees.

Worked for Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc? Contribute to the Community!