Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday(in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it-(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees(in 19 reviews)

• Hiring staff was difficult as senior management would only approve a new hire if they came from a university that was acceptable to them(in 18 reviews)

Some good Some Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally unique technology with impressive executives and previous sucess.

ConsSales team was largely ignored, tight quarters with little to no management

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take time to more formely train new new business development executives to ensure they're on teh right path.

A proverbial 'How Not To Manage' a company. Every person is more inept than the last. Zero room for career growth.

Inside Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYou aren't held to your ancillary metric of calls so long as you perform the actual task of sourcing meetings.
    Fairly relaxed environment except when management is present.
    Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday.

ConsYou cannot advance within the company and there is zero track for career growth.
    Management is pompous, vindictive and petty. A company of many bads ideas.
    Don't confuse motion with action.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit. There's no hope for these people. I would say accept input from your staff but that's already in place in a kind of shrewd attempt at feigning interest.

Work was challenging and rewarding. However, management is eccentric.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThe company has a large data center presence and steady growth.
    As a PM, you get the chance to apply your project management skills to real-world IT projects.

ConsManagement is eccentric and acts in a secretive manner.
    One day, your job is going well, and the next day, you're out the door without any explanation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't withhold information from your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unbelievable Products, marginal management

Inside Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosmost powerful black box technology for squeezing maximum value out of corporate knowledge and experience resources.

ConsVery little flexibility in opportunity management

Advice to Senior Managementwhy not build a search engine based on IDOL?

Great company, needs better execution after multiple management transitions

ProsVery knowledgeable and talented group of people

ConsManagement lacked long term vision.

The reign of terror is over!

ProsNone. They bought our company and destroyed it. They didn't care about customers and cared less about employees.

The only "pro" is that HP have purchased us and everything is better. It was almost an immediate turn around in terms of message. Focus is back on customer satisfaction and it's very clear that employees are considered valuable again.

Everything

ConsI was always proud of how much my company cared about our customers and employees and then Autonomy bought us. They clearly didn't care about our customers at all. Everything was about "new license revenue". So sorry if you were already a customer.

They treated employees like a commodity that could be replaced on a whim. It was truly a terrible few years until HP purchased us and saved us from the horrible policies and behaviour of Autonomy.

Company being rebuilt

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosmost of crazy behavior is gone, the people who are left are actually very nice to work with. HP is putting in place new management who care more about people and communication

Consstill a long way to go, some processes still not streamlined

Very unprofessional motivating workplace

Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou can pretty much do whatever you want because your managers are rarely around and there are no repercussions for not doing your work. It took one woman approximately 6 months of not ever showing up to the office to get fired.

ConsThere is no reward for trying. They lie to you about bonuses. Only the people at the top get promotions or bonuses. Nobody is very happy. Your boss will never be around. Communication is terrible. There is absolutely no training. You either figure it out or you don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to the office most days of the week (at least.). Learn the word "thank you". Don't lie to your employees about bonuses. Have a minutia of transparency.

Just get the deal signed - screw the customer after the sale.

Professional Services (Former Employee) Southborough, MA

ProsGreat vacation allowance. Free lunch Fridays.
    Maybe HP can fix some of the mess?

ConsEverything else.
    No review/raise process. Impossible to get promoted.
    Unethical sales tactics like I've never seen anywhere else.
    Support and services left holding the bag with a poor quality product that is next to impossible to implement and support.
    Secret engineering team that nobody is allowed to actually talk to. You NEVER receive feedback on any bugs submitted unless you are working with the latest hot customer (the one with the most new business riding on the success of your project). Although I can't imagine they actually get any repeat customers. I think Lynch and Co. knew they were running out of suckers and that they had no good reference customers left and that's why they sold.
    Everything is a fire drill - even planned implementations with a long sales cycle are staffed at the last minute. PS Consultants are shipped from one project to another in a big circle as each new customer becomes frustrated with the lack of knowledge and poor quality products.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep purging all of the Autonomy middle management and horrible anti-customer anti-support, anti-employee policies.

Sales Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive salary, benefits, high tech.

ConsPoor company culture, poor management, lack opportunities, lack training, high attrition.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!