Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

no change = no improvement!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros* Good environment to learn office politics.
    * Some solutions are good, but built on legacy software that was leading edge at one time

ConsIn APAC:

* Lipstick on the pig! - since HP has taken over Autonomy nothing has really changed except quotas have doubled blindly with no understanding of long term delivery or market trends.

* All they give is Obama style motivational speeches and no action!

* You are constantly beaten every day with unrealistic pressure at every turn because HP is trying to recouporate their money back!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet realistic and focus on people! They are the only REAL asset you have.

Role in Legal Department? AVOID! Do not be fooled, this is NOT HP!

Legal Counsel (Former Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Pros-*Technically* you are working for HP...
    -Interesting technology
    -Cambridge is a nice city

Cons-...but actually you are *not* working for HP: if HP is a massive tanker, Autonomy is a pan loosely tied to it with a thin rope, following the acquisition.
    -Even following the acquisition over 2 years ago, Autonomy feels and functions as a completely unrelated company, which is causing terrible bureaucracy.
    -A lot of talk from HP management about how Autonomy's procedures and processes are not synched with those at HP (which makes everything chaotic), yet no one at HP really wants the responsibility to do anything about it, as they know its a mess and will take years to sort out.
    -Pay, benefits, etc are Autonomy levels not HP.
    -State of Legal department in Cambridge is terrible: All lawyers left within past year, including the Head of Legal who left in October 2013. Currently only 2 people but for how long! Everyone is overworked, while HP Legal are not helping.

Law suit waiting to happen - Stay away from this place.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsFree breakfast on Wednesday and lunch on Fridays.

ConsIf you are a great worker with great talents you will not be recognize for your ideas, hard work or any accomplishments if you are not one of the "favorites". Management is a joke no clue of their management duties. No advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHP needs to step in before this company brings you down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of time

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThere were a few good people, starting pay out of college was great

ConsThere were many people there who just filled up seats and didn't do much. New ideas are squashed. Many contracts were signed for millions of dollars selling products that do not exist or that actually do nothing. No work-life balance, there is only work and it is your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves

I've worked for many technology companies over the years and this one leaves a bad taste.

Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI joined this company with hopes of sharing a technology that I thought would be a difference maker and exciting to sell. I really think the technology is solid.

ConsToo many skeletons in customer closets. Too many clients that have been burned w/broken promises. This negative information undermines any effort to sell new clients. Management by fear and intimidation has to go. A revolving door of talent. HP is always looking for a replacement body. Training new people is a constant at Autonomy/HP. After 1 year with this company I was one of (3) people left that were in my initial training class of 32. I lasted 1 1/2 years and left completely frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementAutonomy management that has stayed on from acquisition needs to go. They may be performing and making their numbers but don't be fooled, they're bad apples. There is no effort to provide customer satisfaction and do the right thing for clients.

cool technology - poor management and integration

Account Executive (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsInteresting technology
    as part of the larger HP organization, it's possible to look at other areas within HP for possible career moves

ConsMicro management, public belittling of employees, high turnover (i'm the last one left of my initial training group of 24 - and that's less than 2 years later)
    unrealistic

Advice to Senior Managementunderstand the culture that still exists in Autonomy - and it is toxic to long term success. Bring better and more consistent management from HP or outside the organization.

worst sw company I have ever seen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossome software modules very good

Consbadly managed, will take too long for HP to restructure , understand how to move forward

Not a good place to work!

ProsHP purchased
    Free breakfast Wednesday
    Free lunch Fridays
    Most employee are very nice

ConsLow pay. But you will do the work of higher paying employees without a thank you.
    Managment very sad they no nothing. I have never worked anywhere where management was so off.
    No HR reviews or raises. I no co workers who have not had a review since starting.
    No advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementTake management courses. Many of you are breaking laws.

Dissatisfied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThere is a very relaxed attitude within the workplace. This doesn't make for much of a 'work environment' however.

ConsThere's often nothing to do, and staff know it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out some structure

Worst company ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHonestly can't even think of anything positive of Autonomy, sadly. It had great brand name of Interwoven, people were great

ConsIn APAC, it was a nightmare. Past management prior HP acquisition was a total shocker. Poor leadership (locally and globally). Product marketing is half baked. Sales ppl ware asked to perform regardless. Unfortunately, this is not the place to be if you want to contribute to a proper working environment that you could excel in your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and customers.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!