Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work, but no place for slackers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat opportunities, steep learning curve, excellent senior management, dynamic environment and the people are great - some of the best in the industry.

ConsThis is not the place for someone passive, if you don't get a response to an email, just escalate. Don't sit around thinking it is not your responsibility just because you didn't hear back. This is actually a pro as I dislike reactive behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicating the rules more openly would help new employees adjust more easily.

Work hard, be rewarded

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsScope for career advancement.
    Interesting projects
    Definite feel of being on "A mission"
    Access to senior management at appropriate times

ConsCan be tough
    If you're not self motivated, don't apply.
    Better be comfortable with airports and airplanes.
    Aggressive approach, though this was honestly conveyed up front and evident immeadiatly.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little time off would have been nice. Even the most dedicated people sometimes need some time off to themselves to recharge the batteries

Do you want your job to be a vacation? Only those that answer 'yes' need apply.

Technical Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsQuite simply if you are not prepared to completely dedicate yourself to this company and be prepared to work 70+ hrs a week no need to apply. If however, you are looking for a unique, challenging and hugely dynamic environment whilst prepared to make scarifices this is the place for you. Management will not communicate to you as indicated by previous threads. They simply feel they should'nt have to, and either your face fits or it does'nt. By in to the vision, work hard (and i mean hard - 100hrs a week quite possible), and obtain the trust of management , and you will be rewarded ve. If you don't like this, please don't sign on as the experience will benefit no one.

ConsSee above. Either its of u or it is not. Absolutely no point wining or complaining. This is a hugely black and white company. No room for 9-5's.

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen people more rigorously. Possibly someone responsible for recruitment? Getting the wrong people in such a lean and fast paced organisation. Also better QA for UI's.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging, Dynamic and interesting place to work provided you like hard work!

Development (Current Employee) Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)

ProsHugely challenging workin environement. Broad exposure to new technologies. Excellent team ethos and dynamic working environment. Opportunties are varied and performance related. Excellent identification of an individuals skills and strengths. Hard work and dedication are rewarded. Strong competent management who quickly identify what is neccessary.

ConsCore emphasis on sales and targets, placing enginering under strain. Acceptance that hours beyond 40+ a week are standard with no obvious financial reward; no clearly defined bonus structure. Dynamic working environment, wi'th 'upstart' approach is effective provided communication is clear and well maintained. Otherwise, lack of process can result in work being duplicated and poor quality results. Probably the result of rapid growth and huge success.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement basic processes and ensure products and services are sold clearly with regards to their capabailities. 'Yes' cluture places engineering under unsustainable pressure.

A mixed bag of positives and negatives

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsFor sales, your part of larger sales footprint calling on customers.

ConsSome products are behind competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe competitive.

I enjoyed the pay, but was never trained properly & held to unreasonable production standards.

Business Development Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat pay & benefits! Organized sports after work against other company reams here in SF & good morale amongst coworkers. Free catered lunches weekly!

ConsUpper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees. The sales/BDA goals are extremely unrealistic. I have led my sales team in all my prior positions, but at this company I never hit my weekly quota, nor did 90% of my peers in my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees. Spend a day doing what they/we do & see exactly what we are up against & then set production goals based on that. REALISTIC, Attainable Goals.

Autonomy, Great Company, Top of the line engineers.

Solutions Support Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat products, Great employees, Lots of opportunity to grow. Great benefits for Employees.

ConsNeeds to improve to catch up with competitors.

The company is growing but still pay scale etc, need to be as per market standard

Technical Solutions Cons (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- less work pressure
    - work-life balance
    - cab facility, food for rotational shift

Cons- compensation less compared to market
    - quality of work
    - queue management
    - less fun activites

Not Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture in the office. Meg Whitman is a fantastic and visionary CEO.

ConsPoor compensation in terms of salary. Little opportunities for career growth.

No intent to work hard for this company

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsKnew that working on litigation software was the right business direction

ConsDidn't treat employees respectfully. Slave driving parent company that didn't value the competency of company that it purchased. Employees felt they were treated as second class citizens, only be told what to do, instead of integrating with main company

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!