Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday(in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it-(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees(in 19 reviews)

• Hiring staff was difficult as senior management would only approve a new hire if they came from a university that was acceptable to them(in 18 reviews)

42 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I enjoyed the pay, but was never trained properly & held to unreasonable production standards.

Business Development Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat pay & benefits! Organized sports after work against other company reams here in SF & good morale amongst coworkers. Free catered lunches weekly!

ConsUpper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees. The sales/BDA goals are extremely unrealistic. I have led my sales team in all my prior positions, but at this company I never hit my weekly quota, nor did 90% of my peers in my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees. Spend a day doing what they/we do & see exactly what we are up against & then set production goals based on that. REALISTIC, Attainable Goals.

The blind leading the blind

Sales Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI met very smart and very loyal fellow workers who were honest and hard working.

ConsI met ruthless and unpleasant management who were dishonest and incompetent at their jobs. Some of whom should be in prison for the robbery that was the sale to HP.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not the smartest people in the room. Listen to your employees. Respect work life balance. Manage collaboratively and not through intimidation.

Law suit waiting to happen - Stay away from this place.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsFree breakfast on Wednesday and lunch on Fridays.

ConsIf you are a great worker with great talents you will not be recognize for your ideas, hard work or any accomplishments if you are not one of the "favorites". Management is a joke no clue of their management duties. No advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHP needs to step in before this company brings you down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of time

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThere were a few good people, starting pay out of college was great

ConsThere were many people there who just filled up seats and didn't do much. New ideas are squashed. Many contracts were signed for millions of dollars selling products that do not exist or that actually do nothing. No work-life balance, there is only work and it is your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves

big lack of integrity

International Business Development (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prostechnology is interesting, pretty office in San Francisco, good benefits.

Consa lot product issues, no growth, no employee development,

Advice to Senior Managementdon't come to work with mental issues, go take care of yourself out of the job environment.

A proverbial 'How Not To Manage' a company. Every person is more inept than the last. Zero room for career growth.

Inside Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYou aren't held to your ancillary metric of calls so long as you perform the actual task of sourcing meetings.
    Fairly relaxed environment except when management is present.
    Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday.

ConsYou cannot advance within the company and there is zero track for career growth.
    Management is pompous, vindictive and petty. A company of many bads ideas.
    Don't confuse motion with action.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit. There's no hope for these people. I would say accept input from your staff but that's already in place in a kind of shrewd attempt at feigning interest.

Unbelievable Products, marginal management

Inside Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosmost powerful black box technology for squeezing maximum value out of corporate knowledge and experience resources.

ConsVery little flexibility in opportunity management

Advice to Senior Managementwhy not build a search engine based on IDOL?

Work was challenging and rewarding. However, management is eccentric.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThe company has a large data center presence and steady growth.
    As a PM, you get the chance to apply your project management skills to real-world IT projects.

ConsManagement is eccentric and acts in a secretive manner.
    One day, your job is going well, and the next day, you're out the door without any explanation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't withhold information from your employees.

Company being rebuilt

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosmost of crazy behavior is gone, the people who are left are actually very nice to work with. HP is putting in place new management who care more about people and communication

Consstill a long way to go, some processes still not streamlined

Horrible employer, but with hidden pockets of sanity.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsJob security. Plenty of lateral job mobility for competent employees. Offices in many parts of the world.

ConsWidespread incompetence. Predatory management. Dysfunctional business processes. Starved for resources, because nobody is willing to spend money to make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementMutual trust and repsect is better than fear and bullying. You will retain more quality employees that way, and gain their loyalty. Loyal, competent employees accomplish great things in less time and fewer resources, and you are judged by higher management by the accomplishments of your underlings.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!