Autumn Care

All depends on Management

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I worked at Autumn Care

Pros

The residents, it's very satisfying knowing you are helping people in their last stages of their life.

They try to do things for the staff occasional. ie: Employee of the Month, Christmas party, or a free meal.

Fundraisers for community events.

Cons

Communication is poor.

Not all the department managers are willing to help if we need it.

A lot is expected of certain people and not others.

Some employees go above and beyond to help the residents or for the company with very little recognition.

Be more proactive in communicating with staff, such as ask us for some input, even if you don't use it, give us an opportunity to feel like we being a part of the Autumn Care rather than just the "workers".

Treat all of us as people, not just employees.

More support from upper management.

Management needs to work more together as a team, it is very obvious that they don't.

Help us when we are short staffed, such as when we have several people call out, instead of just trying to call in other staff, and then just leave and leave to go home with the hopes that some one will come in, and if someone does come in other their day off to help, we have to make sure we don't work any overtime.

Hard- work that was never acknowledged or honored; only to find the "flaws" in your work.

Former Employee - CNA  in  Drexel, NC
    Former Employee - CNA in Drexel, NC

I worked at Autumn Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having a passion helping people that may not have no one else to take care of them.

Cons

Cares more about the looks of the place and not residents living there, disciplines everyone for certain people's actions. Bugs in resident's bed. Ask's people to do things that they are not certified in

When you ok someone for something, you should give them what you said would of been ok. Also not change people's schedule without notifying them. Take care of the bug problem before someone gets bit and hurt. Disciplining everyone for only certain people's actions is unfair.

Worked for Autumn Care? Contribute to the Community!