Autumn Care Reviews

1 Rating

1. I love it

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Cornelius, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Cornelius, NC

I have been working at Autumn Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's been a rocky road but they've definitely changed a lot of things around now. The DON and ADON are awesome. The administrator listens and goes out of his way to make you feel appreciated. The DON treats you like an equal and makes sure her nurses are taken care of.

Cons

Right now the only Con I have is sometimes being understaffed. But lately we've had adequate coverage and enough CNAs here so that the Nurses can effectively do our jobs.

Advice to Management

You guys just keep listening to your staff! We have the answers and you guys have been awesome about meeting our needs!

2. Great company

Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Charleston, SC

I worked at Autumn Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment. Learned new recipes often. Was able to eat lots of free food which is always a plus.

Cons

The pay is very low. There were people who have worked there 10 years and still wasn't making much more than me.

Advice to Management

Promote workers when necessary. It is depressing working for such an incredibly low pay rate. Great work comes with great pay.

3. Awesome

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at Autumn Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome facility to work at. Great team and resident centered family.

Cons

None. Awesome place to be employed.

Advice to Management

None

5. Ok but unorganized

I have been working at Autumn Care

Pros

They pay well! Beautiful facility.

Cons

Very unorganized. Not enough staff

Advice to Management

Please get more help.

6. Taking care of the elderly

Current Employee - CNA in Mechanicsville, VA
    Current Employee - CNA in Mechanicsville, VA

I have been working at Autumn Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The great stories, and the funny things they say

Cons

To many heads in the pot

Advice to Management

listen to the lower chain, help when needed, get people out of bed, feed them etc

7. Watch out for two faced people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mocksville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mocksville, NC

I worked at Autumn Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many nice elderly folks ,an awesome therapy department that really cares,and a few of the other employees are enjoyable to work with.

Cons

The facility is run more like a prison than a retirement home,the management is a joke,would be great to see real people that care about the residents and there job

Advice to Management

Do every one a favor and quit so they can get new people in there. You put on a good show but many people know the truth,time for a change

8. WORK AT YOUR OWN RISK

Former Employee - Care Giver in Cornelius, NC
    Former Employee - Care Giver in Cornelius, NC

I worked at Autumn Care

Pros

The best part of this facility is the residents. The building is new and beautiful.

Cons

Top management has abandoned the opening due to an unreasonable, quality assurance ego controlled person. Most new employees last one to two weeks. You will be expected to give out medications without a properly documented MD order. Incomplete electronic medical records will get you into trouble with the ego or the state. Stay away until they are stable..

Advice to Management

Will be hired for a position with wages, that they want to renegotiate later. Misinformation and unprofessional at best. Will probably work out down the road if the state and pharmacy do not fine the place first. Let the executive do their job and stop micromanaging. You cannot expect narcotics to be administered without all checks in place. Proper MD order, and proper dose on the electronic record. Start antibiotics when ordered by the physician, not two days later, because you don't want to hire professionals.

Hard- work that was never acknowledged or honored; only to find the "flaws" in your work.

Former Employee - CNA in Drexel, NC
    Former Employee - CNA in Drexel, NC

I worked at Autumn Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having a passion helping people that may not have no one else to take care of them.

Cons

Cares more about the looks of the place and not residents living there, disciplines everyone for certain people's actions. Bugs in resident's bed. Ask's people to do things that they are not certified in

Advice to Management

When you ok someone for something, you should give them what you said would of been ok. Also not change people's schedule without notifying them. Take care of the bug problem before someone gets bit and hurt. Disciplining everyone for only certain people's actions is unfair.

All depends on Management

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I worked at Autumn Care

Pros

The residents, it's very satisfying knowing you are helping people in their last stages of their life. They try to do things for the staff occasional. ie: Employee of the Month, Christmas party, or a free meal. Fundraisers for community events.

Cons

Communication is poor. Not all the department managers are willing to help if we need it. A lot is expected of certain people and not others. Some employees go above and beyond to help the residents or for the company with very little recognition.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in communicating with staff, such as ask us for some input, even if you don't use it, give us an opportunity to feel like we being a part of the Autumn Care rather than just the "workers". Treat all of us as people, not just employees. More support from upper management. Management needs to work more together as a team, it is very obvious that they don't. Help us when we are short staffed, such as when we have several people call out, instead of just trying to call in other staff, and then just leave and leave to go home with the hopes that some one will come in, and if someone does come in other their day off to help, we have to make sure we don't work any overtime.

RSS Feed </> Embed