Availity

4.1

Availity Chief Executive Officer Russ Thomas
Russ Thomas

It's teamwork

I have been working at Availity full-time

Pros

High energy and thriving place to work. Learning opportunities for everyone

Cons

reluctance to change from older employees

Watch out for people with personal agendas

Dec 15, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. We do operate in a high energy environment and are happy that you find Availity to be a thriving place to work. We are investing in learning and are ... More

Great business model that made a lot of money that diluted their mistakes; didn't listen to the most experienced emps.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Availity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people (peers), great PTO time, excellent med. benefits.

Cons

It was everyone for themselves when it came to above the front line mgrs. Kind of like "Shut up and do as your told."from Snr. Leadership.

Take time to get to know your subordinates, we all know you guys are busy and have deadlines that if aren't met you don't get your bonuses but there's a better way to go about it. We got one training class/conference a year.

Dec 15, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate you providing feedback and will continue to work towards making Availity a great place to work. We wish you the best in your new ... More

Energizing environment, exciting projects, and engaged co-workers

I have been working at Availity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company has opportunities for individuals across the the organization to contribute and make a difference in a growing industry and company. There is a positive energy to push for results and high expectations that people will deliver on commitments. I view this as a positive as people encouraged to produce their best work and be innovative in the approach.

Great overall benefits, work-life balance, and nice perks ($300.00 wellness credit, lots of opportunities for community/charity involvement, and frequent fun events).

Cons

The work is challenging; this isn't the place for those who aren't seeking some challenges. For the right individuals, it's an excellent place to work.

Keep up the fun activities. Nice to see our Senior Leaders on Facebook.

Sep 23, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We value being able to make a difference within our industry/community and are proud of our employee’s dedication to community involvement. Our goal is ... More

Maintain the Status Quo

Former Employee - Product Manager in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at Availity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a steady pay check and stable company

Cons

Fine if you have no desire to grow

Dec 15, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate your providing feedback and are continuing to develop additional individualized career paths that offer growth and development within ... More

Developers Wanted!

Current Employee - Developer III in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Availity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company, HR is invested in reaching out to employees to recruit talented people. Writing this Glassdoor review to share why I love working at Availity. We have a very talented group of individuals. I'm a bit biased towards the best talent being in the Developer roles but all areas of the company hire and develop great talent. Career progression is there for those who learn and apply knowledge. One of the best perks of working at Availity is the exposure to new technologies and the learning that occurs from working with super talented people.

Cons

Not a lot of cons, there's always a give and take between different departments but overall everyone cooperates very well to achieve or exceed our goals.

Performance review pilot program sparked an interest in a different way of looking at reviews. Would like to see this moved forward.

Sep 11, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We’re delighted that you love working with Availity and agree that we have a great group of talented individuals (Developer’s and otherwise). We’ve ... More

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Availity (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, some sales roles are structured to work from home which helps with great work/life balance. Nice to be able to work from home and still feel connected to co-workers.

Cons

Not a lot of cons, would encourage company to continue to include the employees who work from home in events as much as possible.

Continue with the positive momentum.

Sep 11, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all that our employees contribute and work to provide a good work/life balance. We’re pleased to hear that you are able to connect with ... More

Great workplace and team environment

I have been working at Availity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good place to work. Love the fact that we are encouraged to refer people for roles and as a Developer I have a vested interest in the selection/interview process of my peers. Makes for a more cohesive team. On-boarding process has been the best I've received. The ping pong table is pretty cool.

Cons

Self directed teams do have their set of challenges but the positives far out way the cons. Very satisfied in the company and my day to day work.

Really like the company outing and the YMCA corporate challenge; keep up the investments.

Sep 11, 2014HR Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We’re proud to involve our employees in the interview process and feel that it helps build a successful team especially given our Scrum team structure ... More

Growing Company with Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Availity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is growing fast, but there is still, in my opinion, a small company feel to it. The technology group is one of the fastest, if the not the fastest, growing group in the company and within the group, are really pushing to do agile scrum the right way. Working in team rooms helps promote collaboration, teamwork mentality, and efficiencies in software development.

Cons

Some teams are co-located (Dallas/Jax/Indy) which can sometimes reduce efficiency and present challenges that come with long distances.

BEST PLACE TO WORK!

Current Employee - N/A in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Availity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance. A true team. Availity is a small professional family, everyone (including Senior level management) treats everyone with respect. Senior level management is always available to assist.

Cons

None come to mind at this time

Keep up the good work and continue your efforts to making the Availity family a great enironment to be a part of.

Excellent environment. Perfect work / life balance.

Current Employee - Developer II in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Developer II in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Availity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is growing and there is a lot of opportunities for professional growth. Good salary and benefits. People are helpful and welcoming. I can tell about the scrum room that I work on, the team is really a team. I am not talking just about the technical but the Product Owner, Scrum Master and QA too. I really enjoy waking up and coming to work.
    As far as I have seen everybody is understanding.
    If you want to come and work here be prepared to be part of the team and work in a true Agile environment.

I recommend.

Cons

I haven't had any challenge that would make me say that is a cons to work here.

Keep doing the good work. I am glad to be part of the team.