AvalonBay

www.avalonbay.com

AvalonBay Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Timothy J. Naughton

Pros
  • Challenging work environment with a lot of room for growth(in 6 reviews)

• This is a top notch company to work for with great benefits(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with disgruntled residents everyday can be taxing, but that is the nature of customer service(in 6 reviews)

• Advancement from within based on office politics and favoritism, not hard work(in 4 reviews)

Real Life Experience

Intern (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsYou get some real hands on sales and customer service experience. Great internship for a junior in college looking for a resume booster.

ConsStarted out as a management/marketing internship, but lacks structure eventually you become just a community consultant. Instead of receiving the commission that you earn from signing leases, you're hardwork goes to the other employees... which is very disheartening at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a more structured internship program.

IAvb

Community Consultant (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsLearned a lot of different work skills that I will take with me anywhere I go.

ConsI didn't like the fact that my days off are split. Also, that I communte between 4 different properties.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlexibility with schedule

Love the Company and People!

Community Supervisor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI enjoy the Team environment that our SD region promotes! I have worked for another property management company and it just doesn't compare. AvalonBay as a company is generally moving in a forward direction at all times with technology and policies.

ConsSome of the systems are a little harder to navigate for new empployees. The benefit is that the team environment promotes new hires asking for help from their peers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Over ten years of loving this company!

Community Supervisor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe benefits are amazing as well as the promoting from within culture. This is the company to join if you are looking for a career. The team work onsite, between communities and teams and between corporate and the sites is amazing. One big family - promoting awesome places to live and work!

ConsSome locations are a bit short staffed which can be stressful at times.

Avalon Bay all the Way!

Community Consultant (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThe people that work for Avalon Bay Communities really care about growing the success of one another as individuals and also the business as a whole. I have a sense that everyone deeply cares about turning in grade A work and not settling for anything but excellence from peers to management.

ConsTechnology, such as slow processes within programs and devices. It would allow us all to be more efficent if these processes were more streamlined. Not bad, but not great.

AvalonBay is the best company I have ever worked for in my 20+ year career in property management.

Portfolio Operations Director (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe company provides a positive supportive culture with realistic expectations and clearly defined goals. They go above and beyond in efforts to listen to all feedback from associates and continuously strive to improve. The companies vision and future is communicated and kept alive daily. The high level of talent in every department is amazing and drives incredible results.

ConsI honestly don't have a single con. I love working for AVB and am proud to be associated with the company.

A company that genuinely cares about its associates, residents, and stands by their core values

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) Lake Forest, CA

ProsAvalonBay offers beginners like me endless opportunities to learn and prosper withing the company and its industry. Corporate team and management value hard work and do a great job recognizing internal talent. This company offers variety of continuous training and support through its workshops, seminars, one on training, pow wows, and online courses and tuition reimbursement program. The company also offers amazing benefit options and cares for the safety and well being of its associates. Other forms of compensation, recognition, and benefits include retirement plans, investment opportunities, monthly and quarterly bonuses, employee housing discounts, scholarship offers, and recognition through quarterly award events. The day to day work environment is always fun, fast pace, and rewarding. The associates I have had the pleasure to work with are highly engaged, motivated, excited to work and treat each other like family (not the dysfunctional type but the happy loving type). Our employees recognize that the success of a community depends on team effort and it is why we are always eager to help one another. Last but not least all associates support the company's core value of providing exceptional experiences for our associates, residents and potential residents. The outcomes of quality customer service and a fun engaging work environment is key to a rewarding career with AvalonBay. I absolutely love this company!!!

ConsOur company associate have to manage a multitude of computer programs on a daily basis which may be overwhelming for some of our new and seasoned associates. Some of our systems are not always user friendly or fast enough but I know the company has the heard our concerns and is working on streamlining many of these programs to make work more efficient.

Supportive culture, endless room for professional growth.

Community Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThe work life balance is fantastic. Avalonbay puts on events for their associates every quarter of the year. They want their employees to be successful at their jobs and reward them for performance.

ConsThe company values their employees. management does provide recognitition for outstanding associates who demonstrate they are meeting goals and helping the company grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnology and software is outdated, could use more efficient and user friendly programs.

Great place to work!

ProsAvalonBay is an industry leader and I truly believe it's because of the amazing associates. From Senior Management to on-site teams, everyone goes above and beyond make connections and do the best job possible. The Company values (continuous improvement, spirit of caring and commitment to integrity) are very important to associates and it shows in both overall strategy and day-to-day operations.

ConsAt times, the workload and lack of resources is overwhelming.

Great company with great benefits

Community Consultant (Current Employee) Orange, CA

ProsThis is a top notch company to work for with great benefits. There are quarterly awards, usually at a fun event such as a baseball game, where employees are recognized for their outstanding work. The other plus are the great co-workers because everybody really gets along which makes the day more enjoyable.

ConsI haven't run into any cons yet, but I would like to mention that the company is working on streamlining systems to make it more user-friendly for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work of having more interaction with subordinates.

Worked for AvalonBay? Contribute to the Community!