Avanade

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Avanade CEO Adam Warby

Adam Warby

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people and great experience; lots of training; travel perks

Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat culture; People are awesome;

ConsExtensive travel; Promotions are difficult due to working with so many managers on different engagements

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote across the company and not just the technical folks

Great Opportunities, Crappy Life Balance

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThis is a great company with great people. There are many benefits to being a child company of Accenture and Microsoft. It was a great place to start my consulting career and I would recommend it to anyone that can withstand the impact to their life when it comes to travel.

ConsTravel, plain and simple. I thought I could handle it, and I did for a while, but it took it's toll on myself and my wife. In the end it just wasn't a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is something I believe they already do, but staff local as much as possible. I think I was involved in a downturn of the Dallas market which had me traveling out of region.

Overall I would recommend Avanade if you are interested in gaining exposure to the lastest MSFT technology and projects

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat exposure to the newest Microsoft technology

ConsThe amount of travel that is required from management is crushing and leaves little room for a work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work/ life balance.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiting at Avanade

Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsFor the right person out of college, Avanade can be a great start to someone'a career. Good training on Microsoft technologies witha chance to work on multiple projects.

ConsUnfortunately, no one really cares about your personal advancement. The management approach overall (some exceptions) is about getting you billing, no matter what you have to do. After awhile, the travel can get to most people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees future as it relates to growing future leaders.

Oraganization that have a juge growth potential

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWork/Life balance, great people, challenging projects. Constantly challenged to adapt to different roles and learning on the fly.

ConsTravelling, non-transparent promotion process and long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementBell curving promotions or based on Jedi meeting process in promoting capable folks is BULL

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!

Avanade – Why Work for Us?

(Please press the Pause button on any video in progress before playing additional videos.) We start by creating solutions based on our winning combination of insight, innovation, and deep knowledge of Microsoft… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avanade reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avanade CEO Adam Warby. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Avanade employees.