Avanade

Avanade Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Avanade CEO Adam Warby

Adam Warby

Pros
  • The work life balance is good, especially for the consulting business (in 25 reviews)

• Company is filled with experts in all Microsoft technologies (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is hard to come by if you have a family or want any time off (in 51 reviews)

• No work life balance, be prepared to work 12 to 16 hour days (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Director

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat training, great compensation and great people. Fantastic place to start your career.

ConsAll the great leaders have left or are leaving. All the incompetent leaders are staying
    Avanade's failure to develop its direct non Accenture revenue has resulted in Avanade becoming the second class citizen of Accenture.

Advice to Senior ManagementI recently went to a global training for newly promoted directors. It was a great conference.

Each student was asked to name a great manager that they admired. Several names were came up multiple times "Mitch Hill, Richard Von Hagen, Adam Warby, Sean Jazayeri, Mike Gilkey, Dale Christian". Someone observed that most of the great leaders have left.

That evening, a few of us got together and someone asked us to name the leaders we admire the least. Several names came up repeatedly. Unfortunately, all of them are still at Avanade.

So my question to Avanade is why is that the more respected leaders left or are leaving?

Great place to start career

Solutions Developer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey offered a lengthy transition program for new college grads of about 5 weeks.

ConsNot a lot of say on client that you will be assigned to

Advice to Senior ManagementUltimately, I was part of layoffs during economic down turn, unfortunately I didn't see it coming at all. Maybe a little better communication of hard times. Instead, they had us come in for a week of training and then on Friday laid off a lot of us.

To date I have lived the best experiences and challenges in my career at Avanade.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Recife, Pernambuco (Brazil)

ProsFriendship, meet new people and different cultures. Good benefits.

ConsThe biggest challenges we encounter are making good deliveries in shorter periods with different technologies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avanade does push collaboration

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsWorking here has been a huge beneficial experience. Coworkers assist with your ambitions giving you the opportunities to grow as much as you would like, coming to work is something to look forward to.

ConsSmall amounts of typical work cons such as processes still in development as well as some micro management with individuals trying to claim their place in the company. Overall minimal issues compared to most other businesses and is far within a tolerable range.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on developing internal resources proactively.

Great opportunities and really smart people!

ProsThe company provides so many ways to contribute, learn and lead. I've found so many smart people to learn from! The training is amazing and the culture is fun, challenging and supportive all at once. I'm also very pleased to see the amount of communication and recognition the company invests in.
    I am lovin' it so far!

ConsIt's not a company for those who want a slow pace. If you are part of the delivery channel, you need to keep yourself relevant, up to date, and constantly delivering. This is not for everyone. I personally love that aspect of it but have heard from others that it is a lot to keep up with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture of community and recognition going. This is a really great aspect of the place.

A very friendly and driven company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsExtended Benefits is nice.
    Interesting customers and opportunities
    Great colleagues

ConsWork life balance isn't as good as prescribed.
    No work from home contracts based out of Avanade or Accenture offices
    Not much direct work, mostly working with Accenture.

Great people, great processes, great technology

ProsGood compensation & benefits, access to latest MS technology, interesting large-scale projects, respectful and transparent culture, rational organizational structure. No other company does global Microsoft projects that really stretch the bounds of the products.

ConsAs with any large company, it takes time to learn how to navigate the org, understand go-to-market strategies and solution offerings, There is plenty of support to get that done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

An innovating and fast growing IT company!

Junior Online Marketer (Former Employee) Almere-Stad (Netherlands)

ProsAn innovating and fast growing IT company with lots of room for self improvement. Interesting customer driven projects and very sociable colleagues. Many training and learning opportinities.

ConsThe marketing department was a bit small when I worked there (as was the marketing budget) leaving us little room to create 'wild' marketingcampaigns. But the company has grown a lot since then, so I am not sure if this is still a con for the current marketers.

great career plan

Analyst (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Prosa lot of benefits, at Avanade you will be challenged everyday with new activities in different projects

Consno cons so far at Avanade

Innovative, fun, Best Place to Work!

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people! Access to CEO, COO, etc Red tape is non-existent . Love the idea of having one manager for project and another focused on my career development.

ConsIf you cannot work in a virtual environment-this is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue supporting career development and mentoring.

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!