Avanade

Avanade Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Avanade CEO Adam Warby

Adam Warby

Pros
  • The work life balance is good, especially for the consulting business(in 25 reviews)

• Company is filled with experts in all Microsoft technologies(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is hard to come by if you have a family or want any time off(in 51 reviews)

• No work life balance, be prepared to work 12 to 16 hour days(in 10 reviews)

Good Training

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Training. The culture is supportive and encourages helping other people and teamwork. Very easy to approach your boss and discuss things.

ConsYou can get placed on really bad projects or no projects at all and you're just left all alone not really building any skills. The salary is lower than similar places.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and help people on the bench and help them do things for the company. Otherwise they will leave.

Great place for starting your career and if you do not mind the travel.

Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsClose knit group of coworkers.
    Many opportunities to grow and succeed.
    Travel

ConsLimited interaction with people outside your project.
    Travel

Director

Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat training, great compensation and great people. Fantastic place to start your career.

ConsAll the great leaders have left or are leaving. All the incompetent leaders are staying
    Avanade's failure to develop its direct non Accenture revenue has resulted in Avanade becoming the second class citizen of Accenture.

Advice to Senior ManagementI recently went to a global training for newly promoted directors. It was a great conference.

Each student was asked to name a great manager that they admired. Several names were came up multiple times "Mitch Hill, Richard Von Hagen, Adam Warby, Sean Jazayeri, Mike Gilkey, Dale Christian". Someone observed that most of the great leaders have left.

That evening, a few of us got together and someone asked us to name the leaders we admire the least. Several names came up repeatedly. Unfortunately, all of them are still at Avanade.

So my question to Avanade is why is that the more respected leaders left or are leaving?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start career

Solutions Developer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey offered a lengthy transition program for new college grads of about 5 weeks.

ConsNot a lot of say on client that you will be assigned to

Advice to Senior ManagementUltimately, I was part of layoffs during economic down turn, unfortunately I didn't see it coming at all. Maybe a little better communication of hard times. Instead, they had us come in for a week of training and then on Friday laid off a lot of us.

Great

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, good training, lots to do

Conswork life balance difficult to manage

Direct Business Doomed by Red tape

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing Technical Talent, great collaboration across the BDE's and Solution Architects.

ConsAs a direct sales person, you are setup for failure from day one with the amount of paperwork and process it takes to move sales through the pipeline. There is unnecessary process and overhead models being forced down from the Executive and Accenture influence.

Not Agile. It takes 3 weeks to get ROM pricing approved. A customer loses interest and goes with a company that is responsive.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise the sales process, minimize the paperwork by 60%, reduce the contingency padding on the sales model to be competitive in the market.

Junior Analyst, New Starter

Analyst (Current Employee) Merelbeke, East Flanders (Belgium)

ProsWorked here for a couple months. The work life balance is good, especially for the consulting business. But this can always change the higher up you go. Here in Belgium the atmosphere is great and the expertise of the product as well.

ConsThe industry is very hard affected by the local economy, so new projects are sometimes hard to come by. Promotions are not always equally made which causes frictions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in young new talent en make sure the seniors lead them on the right path.

So far so good

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Pros- Benefit
    - Training through on-line frequently
    - Learn new technology
    - Soft skill and Technical skill training

Cons- Underestimate position
    - No work life balance
    - Being drive by Accenture doesn't move ahead or move away from Accenture
    - Assets is not well prepared

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to readjust on wages and benefit.
    Let's the employee on bench to do assets or at least a development server which all employee can access and do development for new idea or new assets

Opportunity

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsAble to gain a lot of job experience. Immense training resources provided. Benefits are top notch. Learn how to manage your own career in ways other jobs don't require which is partly positive. Overall a great culture, friendly co-workers, and a commitment to implement improvements not just for clients but employees.

ConsConsulting in general is tough with travel. The demand to manage your own career, even with help, as well as meet company and client expectations is a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to identify, create, and implement improvements for employee's

To date I have lived the best experiences and challenges in my career at Avanade.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Recife, Pernambuco (Brazil)

ProsFriendship, meet new people and different cultures. Good benefits.

ConsThe biggest challenges we encounter are making good deliveries in shorter periods with different technologies.

Worked for Avanade? Contribute to the Community!