Avanquest Software Reviews

2.7
Roger Bloxberg
1 Rating

1. Order Processor/Production Artist

Pros

I worked in order processing during the fall quarter, which is their busiest period. Despite this, the office never had a vibe of stress and instead had a relaxed, casual setting with management even doing things to keep office morale high. Training is quick but effective, so you know what you're doing pretty quickly. You get high levels of independence, but still get to be in group of artists and have people with all sorts of different levels of experience around in case you need to ask questions. The pay is great and although overtime is never pressured, it does become available at times if you want it. The order processing software has a user friendly interface, and your goals of what you should be doing are clearly laid out for you.

Cons

Parking can be a bit of a challenge. Most of the time you'll not be allowed to park in the building's parking lot which means you'll have to find a spot for your car elsewhere. The building is also close to the freeway, which can be a pro or a con depending on how you look at it.

2. Great place to work

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance and great co-workers. Given a large amount of autonomy and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.

Cons

Offices are a little outdated. Would be great if the 401k match was a little higher and a little more vacation time given for long term employees.

Aug 19, 2015 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We're glad you like it here! We have received similar feedback about our benefits and are working to address them. In the meantime, please feel free to ... More

3. Really great team!

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time

Pros

I love working at Avanquest. I can't speak for all areas of the company, but on the PlanetArt team I find my co-workers to be a lot of fun and I love that everyone is really invested in the business. Management is very flexible and reasonable and they treat employees with respect.

Cons

I don't love the cubicles.

Advice to Management

Consider moving to an open floor plan to be more like other tech companies.

Aug 17, 2015 – VP, Human Resources

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We're happy you like it here and hear your concerns for the layout/floor plan. We'll definitely take that into consideration. In the meantime, please feel free ... More

5. From the gourd up

Former Employee - Assembly Associate/Shipping, Team Assemblers in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at Avanquest Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros at this company was everything about this job I got to be there from the ground up so many different changes threw the year's I was an employee . I worked in assembly an shipping my co-workers we worked as a team an became a family.

Cons

I got layed off due to the software of the business will let's just say went down extremely in production.

Advice to Management

Be true to what you believe in, favorites out of the industry could be a bad decision, take a wiser choose.

Aug 17, 2015 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. It's extremely valuable and we're always looking to make improvements.

6. The worst

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time

Pros

Good location next to the freeway in Calabasas.

Cons

Low pay. Awful management. No growth. Products are a joke.

The truth hurts

Current Employee - Web Developer in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The location of the workplace is pretty nice. There are restaurants across the street and decent shopping too. Some of the people you work with are great, others...not so much.

Cons

All of the reviews I have read are pretty accurate. The 5 star review is obviously an outlier, they're either in management or HR, attempting to adjust the average score here on GD. There is NO company culture or perks, aside from awful coffee and the honor of employment. The 2-3% raises are comical, they blame it on budget and an algorithm that divides all of the allocated funds...BS. I can't speak towards the racial discrimination, but it would not surprise me. I did notice a "purge" in CS and I have heard a few jokes that are definitely NOT what you'd expect to hear in this time and place. There is no room for advancement, except to strategically align yourself under someone who will be fired, so you can take their place. Or, you could just live there and work 15 hours a day, that might work too.

Advice to Management

I'd give advice if I thought it might be taken, but I believe this place will stay the same until it shutters its doors or new management takes control.

Aug 17, 2015 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're constantly striving to make improvements and would love to hear more about how we can address ... More

Creative Department

Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Avanquest Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location: Nice variety of restaurants, great shopping, beautiful surrounding area and courtyard. You can easily get away for your breaks and lunches. Hours: I was never required to do overtime, I was able to decide if I wanted to stay late or not. If you had an appointment, no big deal. Management are very relaxed about your 'time-needs' in the creative department. People: A nice creative group to work with if you connect with them. There was a good amount of collaboration between the designers. Creative Director: Knows what they are talking about, extremely hard working, level-headed, tries to push the envelope for the company, great designer. Art Director: Very good communicator, very good with handling and explaining delicate politics, able to discern team attitude and turn it around for the better, great designer. Both Directors are experienced designers, and I never struggled with having to deal with incompetency with either of them. Projects: The projects almost never get old, you have the opportunity to follow trends and try new things. They encourage creativity (to and extent, you are still working for someone.)

Cons

Location: You're next to the freeway. (Good and Bad...) Calabasas Drivers. People: If you didn't fit in with the group, then you're really an outcast. If you don't cosy up to the directors, it is very difficult to work with them. Very Clique-ish. Way too much unnecessary drama. CD: When it comes to projects; Extremely opinionated, challenging to communicate with, does not have much time to discuss, seems to prefer agreement rather than other opinions. AD: Is sometimes unable to give immediate feedback due to CD's specific needs and wants. (Good and bad), Sometimes cannot give you a straight answer due to poor upper management choices. Some of the time, the directors are gone or too busy to discuss projects. So you have to catch them first thing. Which can sometimes overwhelm them because of how many people need to speak with them. Pay: Average fresh-out-of-college Junior Graphic Designer Salary. Projects: I wished that directors would more often tell you that something isn't going to work right away, rather than putting a bunch of time into it and then saying: 'No.' Make sure you ask a lot of questions before you become invested in your design.

Advice to Management

Upper Management: Please take the time to understand that design is not easy, and can't be done with a click of a button. You want your products and your marketing to look professional? Pay for it. Get your information in on time, make sure it's all correct, hire people to manage all of the projects you want to get done. It's a huge job to try to keep tabs on all of the projects coming through. Hire an organized individual to help your marketing and creative teams. Give your designers more credit and more time to design. You will have better work for it. Advice to Directors: Be straight when your designers are just getting started on a project, ask them questions, and be kind and constructive when you are going to rip their designs apart. It will save you time, and build better working relationships. Don't encourage drama and stop talking behind everyone's backs, your employees follow your example. Kindness, Respect, and Compassion go a long way. Please get some professional development on building leadership skills and team building.

9. Lead senior designer in the creative production of digital campaigns (social, email, web banners), software packaging, l

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time

Pros

Great environment to develop skills

Cons

There is no room for growth

Advice to Management

Push the envelop and think more outside the box

10. graphic designer

Pros

The off is in a great location

Cons

The pay scale is low for the artists.

Advice to Management

you get what you pay for

11. I learned a lot

Pros

It was fun to work with so many other young graphic designers

Cons

the weird hours and the cubicles

RSS Feed </> Embed