Avanquest Software Reviews

Bruno Vanryb

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Confidential in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in the US office in Calabasas, California. Talent is utilized and the US Executives listen to employee input. I feel valued and appreciated. Many full-time employees are happy and have worked here many years, which says a lot. (I think some of the negative comments on this site have come from seasonal temp workers.) Awesome people, fun products, positive environment. Lots of potential for growth and expansion in the product offerings and also career-wise. If you are savvy, business-smart, and innovative, this is a great place to work!

Cons

The consumer market and the business are focusing more and more on product websites and applications. This is a good thing, but it can cause some challenges in redefining employee goals and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Regular all company "state of the union" meetings led by Roger and Todd are appreciated.

2. Not a Good Environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Avanquest Software full-time

Pros

If you like Calabasas, it is a great location right across from the commons.

Cons

Very very clique heavy, especially in management. The CEO and President are inflexible and reactionary, and they are micro to the extreme. Tend to play the blame game. Benefits are poor, pay is under market. No bonus program, stock plan, or profit sharing. It is a company that tends to fire people, so beware of that. And I am not talking about temps. It's sink or swim, and people get fired a lot. Morale is low, especially in Customer Service. Communication between groups is horrible. Cs doesn't learn about promotions until the customers request them. Quality standards are low and are fudged. Making a sale is more important than making a quality product. No growth opportunity. No challenge or decent training. CEO and president like to toute themselves as a cutting edge technology company, which is laughable.

Advice to Management

Every time you fire people and write people up, morale sinks even lower and product suffers. It is a punitive environment where people fear for their jobs. Not cool. Stop being so cheap with benefits and perks. For example, noone is going to get excited about a $1500 max match on a 401k that takes 6 years to vest. And 1 - 3 % raises are insulting. We aren't still in the 1980s.

3. Think twice.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time

Pros

Being across the street from the commons is nice.

Cons

President and CEO insert themselves into everything and they bring distractions and drama. I have witnessed the CEO blaming others for screw ups that he himself created. He will never take blame for anything. And poor unsuspecting employees pay for it. Turnover is high, morale low, and knee jerk reaction is to point fingers and fire people. The office is pretty quiet. No perks. Pay and benefits do not compare to competitors. No long term investment in employees. Very little opportunities to advance or learn new skills.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and be appreciative. Give people opportunities to succeed instead of fear for their jobs. Stop blaming everyone else for poor, ineffective leadership. Better pay. Better benefits. Better perks.

5. Lead senior designer in the creative production of digital campaigns (social, email, web banners), software packaging, l

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time

Pros

Great environment to develop skills

Cons

There is no room for growth

Advice to Management

Push the envelop and think more outside the box

6. graphic designer

I have been working at Avanquest Software

Pros

The off is in a great location

Cons

The pay scale is low for the artists.

Advice to Management

you get what you pay for

7. I learned a lot

I worked at Avanquest Software

Pros

It was fun to work with so many other young graphic designers

Cons

the weird hours and the cubicles

8. Worst company

I have been working at Avanquest Software

Pros

The only good thing to say is that it's located in beautiful Calabasas, that's it.

Cons

All the negative reviews that you see about this company are true. I'd not even recommend my worst enemy to work for this company. A lot of people do not last long at this company, they are hired and fired a few weeks later. I hate to say this but I've also seen a lot of racial discrimination swept under the rug. There needs to be a real clean up of the whole management team, even HR. Employees have rights and need to be treated with respect. I have known quite a few nice and hard working people who were fired for the most unreasonable excuses. My advise for anything considering to apply for a job in this company is to stay far away, especially if you are someone of color.

Advice to Management

Current management needs to be replaced, it's pretty much the worst and least professional company out there that I know of.

Terrible experience

I worked at Avanquest Software

Pros

Good location and not much else.

Cons

Low salary, weak benefits, no organization or communication, no opportunity for growth, unhappy workers, constant crisis mode.

10. Old time company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Avanquest Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Low stress environment
    - Good people
    - Great hours

Cons

- 0 company culture
    - Absolutely no working from home except on very rare occasions
    -10 day PTO per year + 5 holidays (New Years, July 4th, Labor day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
    - CEO & president too micro managing

Advice to Management

Invest more on employees. There are hardly any perks. HR needs to bring this company to the 21st century.

Worked for them as a Customer Service Representative for Planetart.com.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Avanquest Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office is located in beautiful Calabasas. They provide free food once or twice a week.

Cons

Absolutely the least professional company I have ever worked for! A group of us Customer Service Representatives were let go because management claimed our training test scores were unsatisfactory. Problem with this though is our trainers gave us our scores days before this. I received a 94, while everyone else I spoke to received mid to high 90's, including one person who received a 100. It turns out the reason they let us go is because they over hired for the season, and over estimated the demand in their product. The truth is for the time we were working there, there were no leads coming in for us Customer Service Representatives. We would receive maybe 4 or 5 phone calls a day and few emails because they were reserved for the more senior members. The least they could have done was be truthful about the reason for our group's dismissal.

Even in termination though, they find a way to screw you over even more. I was let go over a week ago and I have still not received my final check from them. All my efforts in contacting them to resolve this have been futile. Technically, an employee is supposed to receive their final check upon termination, or at the very latest, 72 hours after the fact, from what I understand.

Advice to Management

Consider a revision in your practices. Also seriously consider a change in management in the Customer Service Department. Also, get a better feel for the demand of your products so you avoid making this mistake again.

RSS Feed </> Embed