Avatar Securities

Equity Trader

Former Employee - Equity Trader  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Equity Trader in New York, NY

I worked at Avatar Securities full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Perfect company for being a proprietary trader. Excellent location, office, environment and management team. Senior management team and other traders are willing to help in both your account issues and your trading.

Cons

I was trading at Avatar for a few year and I did not find any mayor cons. Management team was extremely helpful at all times. It was a pleasure working there.

Enjoyed fairly steady amount of capital, contingent upon performance while working at the firm's Chicago office."

Former Employee - Trader  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Avatar Securities full-time for more than a year

Pros

Payouts are made as agreed, which is not always the norm in the trading world. Flexibility to work remotely as needed if performance is satisfactory.

Cons

Strategy training programs could be better regimented. Increase in capital does not necessarily follow positive performance.

Finance is tough business to succeed in, but Avatar gives you all the tools to try.

Current Employee - Equity Trader  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avatar Securities

Pros

Freedom. Opportunity. Fair compensation. Quick, top of the line computer equipment / platforms. Friendly work atmosphere. Knowledgeable, helpful staff and managers.

Cons

Independent trading is a very tough business to be successful in. Avatar (like all trading companies) can only do so much to help. Their fee structure, while consistent with industry standards, adds up quickly.

Not to much feedback. Management was very honest and open about the difficulties of the business, and made no promises.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice office. Competent and helpful support staff.

Current Employee - Trader
    Current Employee - Trader

I have been working at Avatar Securities

Pros

Good support. Decent BP and rates.

Cons

For experienced traders mostly. No training or trading help. But does have an open environment for ideas sharing.

Keep up the good work.

Worked for Avatar Securities? Contribute to the Community!