Avaya

Avaya Reviews in Basking Ridge, NJ

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Avaya President & CEO Kevin Kennedy

Kevin Kennedy

Pros
  • Not much to be positive about other than work/life balance(in 62 reviews)

• Have a Good Work Life Balance,Flexible and allows Work From Home, Technically Good Company(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • I was there 4 years and saw 4 different changes of senior management(in 44 reviews)

• Upper management seems to change every two years in the sales organization(in 31 reviews)

62 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great opportunities to make a contribution

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsSignificant opportunities to make contributions in cloud, video and contact center initiatives. Marketplace positioning improving. Great people to collaborate with

ConsCulture change ongoing at Avaya as the company focuses on software and the cloud. Not everyone embracing the change at the same pace.

Limited growth opportunities.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsFlexible work environment. Full benefits.

ConsLimited growth opportunities Multiple rounds of downsizing.

Constantly changing, not in a good way, very short-term mentality, no ability to manage at the C level.

Program Manager (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsSalary, benefits, telecommuting all make an attractive package,

ConsNo executive vision, constantly turnover in executive staff. Hardware and sales driven culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace and manage services.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not too good, not too bad, but it's time to move on

Senior Manager IT (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsGood technology, nice co-workers, flexible schedule and allow working remotely, pay is decent.

ConsEverything else - starting from CEO and EC members. I used to be a fan of the current CEO but he can't seem to be able to recruit qualified EC members - None of the EC members sticks around more than 2-3 years (either got fired or walk away) in last 6 years. The ship is sinking ...

The environment keeps changing. Very political.

Manager (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsHad a good career there until all the downsizing began to occur.

ConsCMO keeps changing. They never stay long. It's a self-serve environment, you have to figure out everything yourself. Management only cares about themselves.

Senior Manager

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsTelecommuting. Promotes a well balanced work life environment.

ConsCan't run a company with two HQ locations, Santa Clara and North Carolina

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of dead weight VPs.

Internship at Avaya Labs was a great opportunity

Research Scientist Intern (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsI was offered a lot of leeway in choosing my project and implementing it. I was given a mentor to work with who really was great. Some internship events where we met senior management, etc.

ConsThey let a large number of people go while I was there, many of whom had been there for years. I don't think they'll be hiring in the Labs anytime soon. It also broke the continuity, since my supervisor left in the middle, pretty abruptly. Intern events were pretty stilted and not terribly interesting.

Struggling Company

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsVery good benefits package, some smart people around the various organizations but you have to look hard for them. Solid products in some areas.

ConsTrying to be too many things to too many people, company needs to focus on core strengths and do them well. Not a strong innovator and time has passed this company by in some respects.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the organization lean and mean. Focus on key product and solution areas and stop trying to be more than you are. Be realistic about your competitive position.

Unsure where its going and not making good time

Director (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsLong term associates knowledge of the business
    Strong Services business
    Good Products though roadmaps unclear

ConsTransient Senior Leadership - too focused on the next outside Exec who doesn't know the communications industry let alone the business - mucks up their patch and leaves 1-2 years later
    Lack of trust in long term associates who have performed and can turn around the business
    No incentives to stay

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics - listen to customers, create desirable roadmaps linked to growth/profitability, reinvest in current/long term associates to turnaround our business

Sinking Ship

Procurement Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsCompletely different company before Kevin Kennedy took over.

ConsNO lead by example by upper management. Toxic environment! Very sad how the company is being run into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet ride of the entitlement attitude and lead by example for a change.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!