Avaya

Avaya Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Avaya President & CEO Kevin Kennedy

Kevin Kennedy

Pros
  • Not much to be positive about other than work/life balance(in 62 reviews)

• Have a Good Work Life Balance,Flexible and allows Work From Home, Technically Good Company(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • I was there 4 years and saw 4 different changes of senior management(in 44 reviews)

• Upper management seems to change every two years in the sales organization(in 31 reviews)

ok

Proswork life balance, salary, flexibility

Conssenior management clueless on their strategy

A lot of pressure from management

Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGlobal company with great technologies

ConsNot a fun place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees more

Not good almost cost me everything

Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDid not see any. Local management was interested in a takeover so they could cash out from previous investment. The all left and new management had to restart local branch. New management is excellent but it must be tough on her in NYC.

ConsDid not enjoy experience. I came from Nortel and they did not beleive in selling the newest products they had. Old sales guys sold old gear and new apps sat on the shelf. Contact Center was not backed by management and they let it ride casuing many in CC sales to bale out. Loss of excellent people to other companies. Cause of heart attack from the stress and loss of short term memory. It was too much. No enjoyment. Many Nortel customer left on the side of the road. I now make extra cash cleaning up the customers they let slide.. Any WFO or Call Recording folks it is ripe for picking

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the program, you are losing Marketshare. Some applications in CC area have a 16 week wait for install or admin work by professional services. No coverage on WFO, Contact Recording. recruiter are calling everywhere looking for help

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I feel sorry for my friends

Software Architect (Former Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsDecent pay. Nice co-workers. Nice Building ;)

ConsSlow but steady decay. Large debt. Politics took over. Constant experimentation with upper and middle management.

Struggling Company

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsVery good benefits package, some smart people around the various organizations but you have to look hard for them. Solid products in some areas.

ConsTrying to be too many things to too many people, company needs to focus on core strengths and do them well. Not a strong innovator and time has passed this company by in some respects.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the organization lean and mean. Focus on key product and solution areas and stop trying to be more than you are. Be realistic about your competitive position.

Company with challenges, good products, nice teams of people, different management directions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has some awesome products. I love Scopia (Radvision's Video Conferencing), great phones, good conferencing products - Avaya Aura. Nice Legacy products - Nortel, etc..

ConsStruggle to transform the company from HW to SW focus, migrating old installed HW base to new product. Layoffs every year for past 10 years + (from both sides the Nortel side and Avaya side).

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to create a more positive culture and message to employees.

Enjoyed my experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible work arrangements, best in class benefits (in the past), great products, reasonable global presence allows for diverse work groups. Was once a great place to learn and grow.

ConsThere was a time when FMP's were virtually a daily occurrence which caused a great deal a strife throughout business units.

neutral

Product Management (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Prosgood and hardworking people. top notch engineers, flexibility

Conslack of vision, confusing strategies and focus too much on processes

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your people; they are the one that will turn the company around

Good company in transformational mode.

Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTransformational, Transitional, Growth Opportunities, Great Place

ConsTransformational, lots of new management coming in so lots of new changes week to week

Software Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsVery Smart Developers and flexible team.

ConsHigher Management issues and unstablity.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!