Avaya Government Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kevin Kennedy

Amazing!

ProsLot of mentors and managers are amazing!

ConsNot many people, so there's less networking

Advice to Senior ManagementShould manage intern program better

Owned by venture capital firm...enough said.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsSolid technical staff, and a broad range of interesting contracts (mostly through acquisition).

ConsComplete lack of focus on the customer mission.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to a company who cares about our national defense.

Vulture Capitalism in Action

IT Specialist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsWas able to work with SIP and VoIP technology. Pay was decent.

ConsAvaya bought out Nortel Government Solutions, which was a much better organization to work for. The current owners of Avaya are trying to maximize margins at the expense of infrastructue in order to IPO the company. This has resulting in the loss of good, viable contracts which don't look sexy enough for Wall Street.

Advice to Senior ManagementSubmit your resumes to other employers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a telecommute job and enjoyed my work at AGS

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsCompany is having some financial issues.

ConsCompany is having some financial issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-consider who is laid off by evaluating the talent you have on-board.

Good Company to work for

Software Development Manager (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsThe company is process oriented and componsates well.

ConsThe rate of iteration very high. Ocassionaly iInternal politics is high and takes toll on employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should try to retain good people and shiled the skilled folks from internal politics.

Good company with excellent potential...

Director (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

Pros- Excellent Team Leads and technical staff
    - Very good business development executives

Cons- Weakening trust in senior/executive management structure
    - Program Managers are over-tasked by too much corporate administriva (i.e., recruiting, HR, security, A/P) that conflicts with client contractual priorities
    - Weakening executive management support for services-side business development versus the product/maintenance-side of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above 'Cons'

Overall pleasant experience - good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsThe people who I had the pleasure of working with were genuinely good people at their core. HR addressed any/all concerns I had with urgency, sincerity and made me feel like a valued employee. My contributions were rewarded with frequent bonuses, awards and teleworking days.

ConsAvaya Gov. has a parent company out of New Jersey, Avaya Inc. which doesn't understand the Federal model of our business and as such it often becomes difficult to plead our case why our client is so different, often difficult and why we have a need for specialized experienced employees that cost far more than they would prefer. They also have the habit of eliminating positions without cause once they feel their usefulness is no longer necessary instead of attempting to place them, thankfully Avaya Gov. HR intervenes the best they can. Just something to be aware of going

Information Technology

ProsGreat place to work. Great environment.

ConsNot much room to move advance.

Principle Developer

ProsFlexible works. Nice people. Family friendly

ConsBenefits are not good, Salary is below the market

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the benefits package/vacation package to retain the knowledge workforce

More cons than pros.

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsThe people are great to work with. Corporate tends to leave the individual contracts alone to work with clients as needed in my experience.

ConsThere seems to be a focus on short term profit. Since buying Nortel they downsize at every opportunity. Avaya HQ interferes a lot with Avaya Government as they don't seem to understand how the government contracting world works. Benefits are lacking, they recently got rid of their student compensation plan. The pay is generally poor. All of this combined makes morale difficult. If not for the efforts of individual teams there would be no morale to speak of.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your experienced subordinates.

Worked for Avaya Government Solutions? Contribute to the Community!