Avaya

Avaya Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Avaya President & CEO Kevin Kennedy

Kevin Kennedy

Pros
  • Not much to be positive about other than work/life balance (in 62 reviews)

• Have a Good Work Life Balance,Flexible and allows Work From Home, Technically Good Company (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • I was there 4 years and saw 4 different changes of senior management (in 44 reviews)

• Work / life balance is often discussed but not practiced (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Getting worse over time

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

Prossurrounded by great people, they are very bright, they have vast domain experience, products are generally well thought out

Consmanagement turnover is high, HR is dedicated to winnowing benefits and people, our new R&D facility looks to a return to wack-a-mole cubes

Upper level management out of touch

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsExtremely bright and talented engineers

Consconstant downsizing and poor decision making at upper levels

Advice to Senior Managementwake up

Client service manager

ProsI can work in flexible environment and working hours.

Consbenefits are not satisfied and i don't see the growth in near future with it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest environment and culture
    best salaries
    good benefits

ConsNeed more training sessions
    work life balance is good
    company has very high values

Awesome

IT Security (Current Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsFlexibility
    Good Salary
    Nice managers
    Good Training
    good culture

Consno free coffee, no fixed raise, Bonus not sure

Sales Op Intern

Sales (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFriendly employees, relaxed environment, and very rewarding experience. My schedule is somewhat laid out for me, but it's flexible. The pay is great, too! 18/hr for an internship? Very hard to beat, these days! I definitely see a future here.

ConsNot a whole lot, this place is pretty great! The change in leadership is due to the changes from Lucente to Avaya and acquisition of Nortel... what do you expect?

Advice to Senior ManagementTrial and Error, we'll find the right upper management eventually. Just give it time before you toss them out the door, though!

Software architect

Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsSome individual contributors and a few managers care about the quality of the products and are able do do a good job.

ConsMost of the people seem to be very low performers, a bit like a retirement home.
    The owners of the company seem to be shaping it for resale, not success.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are good, unfortunately you should look for another company. I don't think that there are enough people that care about the product to succeed.

I had a good run there.

Consultant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsIt was a great place for the team I was on to function in the best interest of the customer. The technology was interesting enough to keep things interesting.

ConsA lot of turnover in the management ranks made you feel like you could get whiplash at times with direction changing frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of "pay for performance" sometimes called "stacking" in other organizations.

Named account manager

Named Account Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood boss, good accounts, easy environment

ConsNo way to learn the product portfolio

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what they want to be good at and than focus

A lot left to be desired ....

Senior Manager Supply Chain (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood salary. You need/develop a strong personality, sharp negotiation skills that enable you to get things done in a very hostile and time pressured environment (if you cannot get things moving and you are in a senior level role with enough visibility, you generally leave in < 1 year ...). Not a place for faint-hearted by any means...

Consno personal growth, company future is uncertain, 80 hour work weeks often involving grunt-work because of a lack of good processes/data etc. Basically, lack of motivation to do work .. salary is good to start with, but once you are in .. salary hikes are pea-nuts and so are bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hire smart people but if you don't keep up with their expectations of development .. they will leave.

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!