Avaya

Avaya Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Avaya President & CEO Kevin Kennedy

Kevin Kennedy

Pros
  • Not much to be positive about other than work/life balance(in 62 reviews)

• Have a Good Work Life Balance,Flexible and allows Work From Home, Technically Good Company(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • I was there 4 years and saw 4 different changes of senior management(in 44 reviews)

• Upper management seems to change every two years in the sales organization(in 31 reviews)

Getting worse over time

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

Prossurrounded by great people, they are very bright, they have vast domain experience, products are generally well thought out

Consmanagement turnover is high, HR is dedicated to winnowing benefits and people, our new R&D facility looks to a return to wack-a-mole cubes

Very good place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest environment and culture
    best salaries
    good benefits

ConsNeed more training sessions
    work life balance is good
    company has very high values

Think twice before joining

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsIt's a very good company when it comes to employee benefits and services.

ConsThey make the people leave the organization.In the name of performance improvement they lay off employees frequently.
    Though the employee is performed well, they will give LRC (Low Rate Contributor) rating to the Employee (which they've targeted) in the year end appraisal and lay off that person in the subsequent quarter.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Limited growth opportunities.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsFlexible work environment. Full benefits.

ConsLimited growth opportunities Multiple rounds of downsizing.

Great company to work for

Client Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent work environment
    Positive attitude
    Rewards performance

ConsLack of new employee Induction programmes
    Long time between role change and promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementReally need to re look at the product portfolio and quality

Software architect

Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsSome individual contributors and a few managers care about the quality of the products and are able do do a good job.

ConsMost of the people seem to be very low performers, a bit like a retirement home.
    The owners of the company seem to be shaping it for resale, not success.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are good, unfortunately you should look for another company. I don't think that there are enough people that care about the product to succeed.

Depressing

Undisclosed (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOther employees help you get through the day

ConsManagement, Benefits, Services organization, lack of respect for what employees contribute

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the feedback on the Dennison surveys. Start exploring alternative CEO and HR leadership

High technology level, but needs some human ;-)

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Issy-les-Moulineaux (France)

ProsUsed to be a CEM & UC leader

ConsNeeds to gain marketshare

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the employees:)

Everyone out for themselves

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCurrent team works closely together, with good support from first/second level management. I am empowered and expected to run with issues to resolution.

ConsDysfunctional organizations after years of cuts in employees and benefits. Crisis management is the new norm, as tier 1 through 4 support has been gutted, with overall skill levels dropping. Only through critical escalations do the right resources get applied...a vicious cycle as upskilling no longer exists.
    Accountability is almost non-existent, as everyone keeps head down for fear of showing up on the next FMP list.
    What has become plainly obvious is that long term employee investment has been sacrificed in order to support management levels above 40 (Dir). Senior executives have continued to enrich themselves through outrageous salaries and benefits while eliminating pay increases for the rest of the company. KJK himself now has a pay package exceeding $7M...well over 400% increase over the last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are unwilling to consider true employment advice, opting instead for whatever business/financial event will guarantee your options. All employee broadcasts are a joke, as true sentiment is ignored.
    If there was a concern for long term viability, I'd have constructive advice to give.

Sales Op Intern

Sales (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsFriendly employees, relaxed environment, and very rewarding experience. My schedule is somewhat laid out for me, but it's flexible. The pay is great, too! 18/hr for an internship? Very hard to beat, these days! I definitely see a future here.

ConsNot a whole lot, this place is pretty great! The change in leadership is due to the changes from Lucente to Avaya and acquisition of Nortel... what do you expect?

Advice to Senior ManagementTrial and Error, we'll find the right upper management eventually. Just give it time before you toss them out the door, though!

Worked for Avaya? Contribute to the Community!