Avecto

Fantastic Place To Work

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture of like minded people who want to make a difference in the market and enjoy doing it at the same time. Management are always pushing for new ideas and inspire creativity. The product is head and shoulders above the rest in the space and Avecto have some great customers under their belt.

Cons

Very Few, the only thing I can really say here are based on the fast growing nature of the company. Things can change very quickly and you have to be ready to work hard to get on.

Keep doing what you are doing

Not as advertised

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Avecto full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Technology is solid. Great market. Lots of potential. Business model seems to be working somewhat. No VC, privately funded. Many possibilities.

Cons

Management team creates an environment of fear. Beware of the "culture" pitch. Looks and sounds great on the surface. There are a number of very nice people that work here and talented. But management has created an environment of over regimented processes and fear/uncertainty of losing your job at any second. Unless your in the US on a work VISA from the UK, then you could say the wrong thing at any moment to the wrong person and your out of a job.
    Most of the upper management here is in the UK or in the US on work Visa's. As long as your buddies with the founders, you can pretty much have any title you want. The management team is so arrogant they keep apologizing for it by saying we are English. We are direct, to the point. On a daily basis.. But that only goes so far before that get extremely old. They act like they are willing to listen to your ideas and suggestions. But in reality they are interpreting what you are saying as "going against policy" and eventually sooner rather than later you will suddenly find yourself unemployed with no explanation as to why. Just because they can just fire you as long as it's within your six month probationary period. They will try to justify it with preposterous claims of ineffective work performance and no explanation.
    If this is the work environment you seek, look no further. Avecto is your company!

Stop using excuses for arrogance. The US doesn't function like the UK. Get experienced management staff from the US for the US office that has worked with the UK culture before to bridge the major culture gap you have creates internally. Make sure ALL upper level management from the UK interacts with the rest of the company as little as possible.

Fast growing startup

Current Employee - Presales in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Presales in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong product and product roadmap. Good working environment. Good amount of autonomy in completing work. Supportive teammates.

Cons

Current office is no longer a fit for the company (we are working on sorting).

With any company growing as rapidly as Avecto, change can be disruptive and it can be difficult at times to manage. Continue to focus on hiring employees who are adaptable to change.

Very positive experience

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun and hard working group of people. Super smart developers, excellent SE's, salespeople who know how to close big deals and a culture promoting visibility, accountability, fun and hard work.

Cons

The typical pains that a small organization runs into under a high-growth mode - resources. Not much knew here if you enjoy a small company undergoing rapid growth. Also, not really a drawback, but employees should be prepared to work hard and be accountable. Accountability and visibility are very important. The rewards are there for good performance.

Keep focusing on market domination, it's only a matter of time before all the pieces become aligned, and they get closer everyday.

Rock solid technology with great customer references

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Avecto for over 3 years and have seen amazing growth. Avecto has been a fast paced and high growth company. Great product, customers, and technical staff. Very Competitive salary in the US.

Cons

As in every company that has experienced rapid growth there are growing pains, with growing pains comes a lot of change. This change can sometimes be disruptive.

Keep the lines of communication open and keep investing in your current employees.

Focused on rewarding employees in line with ongoing company growth/success

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Avecto create a positive working environment by rewarding employees (both financially and through career progression) in line with the rapid growth that we are currently experiencing. There's a real sense of excitement around the fact that the technology is so strong which unites all teams around the goals of the company. The collaborative management style used gives rise to an extremely positive office culture; myself and other team members are encouraged to work hard and play hard.

Cons

I'd say that the current physical office building is a little tired and doesn't reflect the values of he company which are exuded by the team. However, this is being addressed very soon.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great Culture, Amazing Career Progression Prospects

Former Employee - Account Manager in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Andover, MA

I worked at Avecto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed working environment, focussed vision, great motivation from senior management to enable success and positive personal development with a great focus on goal setting to help you achieve success in your role

Cons

None to speak of, success breeds success from personal achievements that propagate to company wide achievements. If you wish to progress in your career, all the tools and facilities are at your disposal here

Come ready to participate

Current Employee - Client-facing in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Client-facing in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Motivated, intelligent colleagues with a passion to succeed.
    Great environment for self-starters that want to contribute to a success and participate in determining their own future.
    Management is accessible and open to constructive criticism.
    Stable, self-funded organization with exciting year over year growth.
    Excellent technology and engineering team

Cons

Prior disparities in hiring practices among offices lead to divergent cultures.
    Rapid growth means rapid change....

I'll accept short staffed with the right people as long as it takes...

My experience at Avecto couldn't get any better!

Current Employee - Sales in Andover, MA

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Avecto now for over two years and it has been a brilliant experience in every instance. I have seen the organisation nearly double in size each year, yet the culture & values that attracted me have not changed with the rapid growth and the company is still just as much about the staff as the technology.

Avecto has built a dynamic workforce of like minded people who are all very driven to push the company from strength to strength and motivates staff very well for doing so from both a monetary and decision making standpoint. With the explosive growth I have only seen a handful of bad hiring decisions made where it didn't quite work out as they simply didn't fit the culture of hard work, dedication, honesty, integrity, drive and a determination to succeed.

In the time In have been at the company I have developed tremendously as both an individual and employee by being surrounded by experienced individuals and working directly with them on a daily basis, whilst also enjoying social time together too. I started working at Avecto's UK Headquarters in an inside sales position after completing my degree in International Business and have since been relocated to our US office in Boston as a Senior Account Manager. Who would have thought my degree would have been quickly translated in to my life so literally?!

If you are lucky enough to get a job at Avecto, my advice would be to give it your all as if you don't you are simply throwing away a great opportunity to take yourself to the next level. I don't know of another organisation where the development opportunity is so strong and staff are treated so well.

Cons

I have shared my thoughts of Avecto above...

Continue to reinvest money back in to the business to fuel the growth potential there is in the market, whilst ensuring the culture continues to stay them same as we grow.

Please, if you are considering this organization, ask to speak with any past US employee reference- do your homework.

I have been working at Avecto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

12 months ago there was an advantage for the product and market opportunity ago, however that is decreasing. Overall, techies are strong.

Cons

Turnover (review LinkedIn for past employees). Pure arrogance from sales leadership. Just read the Head of Sales review. Basically the attitude is be part of our amazing sales machine (which is not scaling b/c of turnover) there is no real appreciation for employees or for their amazing customers. If you are in sales you expect to be beat up a lot, if you function in marketing, there is little accountability.

Humility is not possible if driven by arrogance. Please refer to the definition of humility: a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.

Avecto Photos