Avenue Code Reviews

Reset
3.8
CEO
1 Rating

Positive experience, great company!

Current Employee - UI Developer/Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - UI Developer/Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Avenue Code full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consultants are treated very well. Work situation is stable. Company is healthy, profitable, and growing. Excellent recruiters/co-workers! Monthly social events. Good benefits. Opportunities for continuing education. Lots of fun & smart people @ AC!

Cons

Grasping at straws here... OK, I've got one. Each week, I have to fill out TWO separate online time cards. Really, can't complain about too much!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I applaud their effort to extend their business into industries beyond eCommerce.

2. ecommerce contracts

I have been working at Avenue Code full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good relationships with core ecommerce retailers

Cons

Few if any standards. More of a contracting agency than a consultancy

3. Good

Current Employee - Inspector in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inspector in New York, NY

Pros

Bosses are good to deal with

Cons

Overtime is very common here

Advice to Management

Listen

Unhealthy work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Avenue Code full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None - there's so many good companies in SF don't waste your time with this one.

Cons

managers have NO understanding of how to manage - they do not show the slightest respect unless you're an architect. Very unhealthy work environment and no sense of leadership - they say they reinvest into their employees but did not see that once. No growth opportunities either, not worth the time or the headache

Advice to Management

Find the right managers to manage for you

6. Perfectly poised in this current market

Pros

-Smart Leadership (highly technically based), unique personalities (in a good way), direct style -Business model is exactly what this current market demands (this is the time for AC to truly shine) -Results oriented and transparent culture -Feels like a startup - ability to put your ideas into action with freedom and support to explore -If you like the idea of working closely with leadership - this is a great company to do so as they are very involved.

Cons

-working out kinks still with process and procedures - can feel bumpy at times and disorganized. -Some technical challenges with communicating with our (amazing) Brazilian team due to time zone and tech issues. -Messy kitchens, offices (don't get me started! LOL)

Advice to Management

-Trust your team as they are working hard for results -Continue to be open to new ideas

If you are not making the two owners money then be prepared to be axed and swept away. Leave feeling used and abused.

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

-Coworkers are great -One coffee per day for free if you're lucky from the one machine in the office -A lot of talk about big things happening and some follow through -Employees are not lost in the shuffle because each employee is a dollar sign

Cons

-Bottom line is profit and money -Massive employee over turn -No feedback on performance -No job security -A lot of big talk with zero to no follow through -Be prepared to be let go (seen almost every employee I started with fired) -Smoke and mirrors from management, no transparency -Zero career advancement -Under paying employees/ swindling out of bonuses -Awful benefits -Low moral -No company mission or statement besides money -Upper management is false and explosive -Explosive personality of certain management people makes it difficult -Leave feeling used and abused This company is about making two people money. The two owners. Once a person is not part of that one equation they are gone. There is no company culture and little room for any type of career advancement. It's a game of survival. However, I would sum it all up as "It is what you make of it" but, be prepared to work hard for no recognition other than keeping your job longer than a contract.

Advice to Management

Just stop. Get out of the business of placing people and bodies.

A company lacking in integrity, culture, and a mission. A common phrase heard here is 'This is not a charity'

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Avenue Code full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-If you don't like a coworker chances are you or they will not be around for long - Fast paced, work hard environment - short term employment - It's a short contract job type of place

Cons

- Lacking integrity - A lot of talk, no action - Chaotic company structure, process and direction - management and environment: is both explosive and manic - No company mission or goal - Flat organization that is not interested in improving employee experience - The highest turn over rate - A lot of deception for bonuses and pay

Advice to Management

The misleading and deceitful company culture will catch up.

Great Company!!

I have been working at Avenue Code full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work, the environment is laid back, the management is accessible, and there is a great work/life balance. Overall I would highly recommend working here!

Cons

Still a growing company, so going through some transition from time-to-time. Not sure if this is a negative, just something to be aware of.

Great Company

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Avenue Code full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many companies I've worked with required employees to jump through hoops to change anything (standard processes, adapting to new technology, work flow). However since we are an Agile company and there is an open door policy, change comes easily and constructive feedback is well received at every level of leadership. Our leadership is composed of seasoned individuals who understand the IT realm and keep themselves up to date with all the new trends. The culture is fast paced and yet laid back. There is always ample work to be done, however everyone functions as a team to ensure no-one is being left behind or being overwhelmed.

Cons

There's only one coffee machine.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving and making strategic decisions with our company's bright future in mind.

Very bad ethics company, held my earned PTO un-lawfully at seperation.

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Avenue Code full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is none that I can think of although there was a lot of thinks that were promised to me while hiring, none of them was fulfilled.

Cons

Very Money Oriented staffing company. - Not good benefits, including insurance - No 401k matching

Advice to Management

you need to keep people first specially employees if you want to grow with a good reputation in market.

RSS Feed </> Embed