Avera Health

Updated September 24, 2014
4.0

John T. Porter
1 Rating

Avera Central Office was a very safe, professional environment where I could fit the mold of the desk-job citizen.

Current Employee - PACE in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - PACE in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Avera Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This place is extremely well organized and efficient. I would not say anything against the values either. The company is rooted in great ideas and does it's best to hold to them.

Cons

The office atmosphere is very un energetic and "professional." This is great unless you want to talk about something other than golf and barbecues.

Office culture could really be spruced up at the Central Office. Sometimes it feels like I am on "The Office" without Rainn Wilson or Steve Carrell's comic relief, so the days got a bit long. I also did a very tedious job so that did not help!

Avera is a great organization to be a part of!

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Avera Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are amazing and no matter what your position in the organization you can see how your work impacts the patients care. Overall, Avera works hard to be competitive compensation by doing ongoing market analysis per job. I think the work life balance is definitely promoted by all department managers and administration. I think the great thing about Avera is the on going 1 on 1 sessions that are mandatory once to twice per month. Management and administration takes pride in keeping the communication open with all its' employees.

Cons

No matter where you work there is always cons. I definitely think they could work on helping employees with their career goals and show them how and what opportunities they should take to fulfill those goals.

Just keep on with listening to both the patients and all employees to make sure Avera stays as the leading provider of healthcare within South Dakota and the Midwest.