Averitt Express

Gary D. Sasser

Good trucking company

Driver (Current Employee)
    Decatur, AL

ProsThey have a lot of service centers all over the Southeast with fuel, shop, showers and breakrooms. Upgrading these. Great health insurance - Blue Cross, Blue Shield of TN. Mostly good new equipment. Upper management and fleet managers seem to care about drivers. Good miles and home most weekends.

ConsSometimes picking up at small, out of the way places with challenging docks. No pet policy. Must wear uniforms, though they are provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow pets with deposit, please. Continue upgrading service centers and standardize them more. Free Wi Fi is great at Tifton, all centers should have it. Restrooms, male and female, should be open 24/7 at service centers....we get stuck there sometimes!

Won't get rich, but great company to work for

Dock Associate (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

Pros-Value their employees
    -Great co-workers
    -Listen to your concerns
    -Willing to accommodate your needs if you are in college

Cons-Pay isn't the greatest
    -Little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value and take care of your employees.

The skinny

ProsFamily oriented, Customer service driven, Team Driven growing company.

ConsGrowing faster than they are currently geared to keep up with.They need to make some changements to adjust for more growth. Pay could be much better.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Invaluable in building knowledge base in transportation, personnel management, outside sales.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company feel, caring and engaged leadership. C level was always focused on remaining relevant in an extremely competitive industry, continually progressing with additional products to grow market share.

Consnot for the entrepreneurial, fast driven individual. Growth and achievement possible, but know your place in the order of things, and be prepared to wait. While this isn't really a con, they have good people, and you will wait for 'your turn', those who are interested in that, move on, and good people move on to be successful elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs of my departure, the economy was struggling, and regardless of individual successes, merit increases were non-existent, and the sales bonus program, has hopefully been revamped as it was non existent...tough to be in Sales, and not be rewarded for your growth monetarily.

Wished I never heard of them

Combo Rt Driver (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

Prosdescent equipment but if you are smoker you will get the biggest piece junk

Consdont work for them because they don't believe in the individual, your just a number

Advice to Senior Managementnone, unless you like to kiss a lot of butt

Good to work for.

Technician (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsInsurance benefits are reasonable for family coverage.

ConsBenefits don't line up with industry standards. Depends to much on profit sharing as a benefit.

A cash cow for sasser.

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe only reason to work at averitt is if you enjoy making 35 cents a mile.

ConsAsk any driver about unloading petco loads. you do it with a pallet jack, pulling overloaded and poorly stacked pallets of dog and cat food either up hill or trying to keep them from running over you going downhill. For the generous sum of $25.00.

Advice to Senior ManagementCongradulations, you got out of having to drive. You must be doing something right.

Great company!

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsAveritt was an awesome company to work for with great leadership. Leadership was very positive. I loved the combination of logistics and the opportunity to work with people all in one environment.

ConsPay increases could have been better. Not a bad pay scale, just not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Needs more accountability to supervisors.

ProsI met a lot of great coworkers. There is room for advancement if you apply yourself.

ConsLong wait period before obtaining full time status. Upper management out of touch with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge and reward the hard work of employees at all levels.

Good work experience, but couldn't imagine working there long term

Pricing (Former Employee)
    Cookeville, TN

ProsStable environment with good benefits, good work life balance,

Conshorrible pay. There is opportunity to move around, but very little opportunity to move up. Very little investment in developing new skills or knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide incentives for employees to develop and grow skills

Worked for Averitt Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Averitt Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Averitt Express CEO Gary D. Sasser. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by Averitt Express employees.