Aviall

www.aviall.com

Aviall Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Ed Dolanski

Company is Great, and Provides a Good Work Environment for Those Who Want to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThis company has been around for a long time. While it is owned by Boeing it still has the culture of a smaller company. I have seen many complaints about the company, but from my experience if you are a hard worker this company will provide a good career for you, and will provide a multitude of opportunities. The culture is great, and flexible and the company cares about it's employees

ConsThe company is is a state of growth and it isn't always easy finding your way to the solution. The company however, allows individuals to create new processes if one is willing to present a solution. It may take patients and perseverance but I strongly recommend this company for anyone who has an entrepreneurial attitude towards their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture as it is, if we lose the company feel the way it is now, we will lose the edge of the company, and one of the things that makes the company great

Rewarding and exciting career in one of the most exhilarating industries!

Product Line Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWorking for a world class organization that is a proven leader in the Aviation community is the first come to mind. A company that yearly graduates double digit employees into our prestigious 30 year of service club in my opinion honors not only the employee but the employer too. I have seen tremendous growth in my tenure and am happy that I have been a part of going from a small company to the “Super Power” we are today. I go to work most days excited that my job allows me to share my stories of long time success with the company I grew up in . I have never had a boss I didn’t like or one I didn’t learn something from. Some of my best friends are just a few feet away plus I have the privilege to call many of my co-workers extensions to my own family. Because of our wiliness to train, offer education assistance, promote from within I have obtained necessary skills often thought to not be achieved.

ConsLike any company that goes through growing challenges and opportunities adaptability is a must have to be successful at Aviall. Without that skill you might feel overwhelmed at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the momentum going and continue cultivate the already astounding employees we have at Aviall. Maintain our history and culture while leading us into the future.

Promising and Productive

Benefits (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsExciting Opportunities to grow and strategically align my skill set with company objectives.Great Benefit Package that includes a rich 401k, above the standard.

ConsAT this time, I do not feel that there are any Cons. The Benefits Package is very good, 401k is very rich and work life balance is present in this environment as well as professional development opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with Transperency of Company Intiatives and how my job and efforts directly contribute to these intiatives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company has potential, but it can be frustrating to work there.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCompany is growing and they have some good ideas, if they can be executed successfully. Employees are great.

ConsPoor management, no employee development, constantly changing priorities, poor employee engagement, no employee recognition programs, technology struggles

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your employees a priority.

Company offering great opportunities for growth and development.

Product Line Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe company invests in it's employees including a great benefits package including tuition reimbursement. The corporate culture is generally healthy with a desire to address challenges head on. The retooling of the corporate vision and strategy should provide sufficient opportunities for growth in the company.

ConsBusiness units and value streams can be siloed at times, more collaboration and cross team understanding would be beneficial and help to address challenges more effectively.

Constantly evolving company with "can do" attitude towards meeting customer expectations at the highest level!

Aircraft Parts Guy (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAviall provides many opportunites for personal growth and increasing responsibilities, which fuels engagement and continuous improvement in order for one to be ready for the next challenge presented. Outstanding sales and customer service training program, which has brought a high level of professionalism to the sales organization. Multi-level incentivized compensation program that is designed around team performance on all levels, but with a heavier weighting on base pay. International company, with a local footprints around the globe.

ConsThe most consistent challenge is "change" and that isn't necessarily a con, unless you are not about embracing continuous learning and developing new skills sets. Through the years, the sales training program has done a nice job of coaching the sales organization to embrace change while developing innovative solutions for our customers with the new tools constantly being presented by the business to fuel our growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay engaged with the work force, the most important people are on the floor executing our promises! Keep it simple, its not a very complex or highly technical business and most importantly, always find a way to have fun, this is a fun industry with fun customers! And finally, don't let the Seahawks beat the Cowboys to often!

family atmosphere

Clerk (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosmanagement had no communication bad leadership

Conslong hours no promotion within bad communicatio

Advice to Senior Managementlistinen to employees and promote within the company

Aviall is a world-wide company that has been in business for many years.

Accountant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAviall has a good benefits package, including 9 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday, as well as the company contributing to the cost of insurance. The upper management is well versed in the aviation field as well as other pertinent areas.

ConsThe yearly pay increase for many non-management employees has not kept up with the cost of living, for several years now.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should spend some one on one time with their employees that do not report directly to them. This would increase morale, and facilitate a more family feeling for the work place.

Fake positive reviews

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBoeing name lends clout. Benefits are good for now.

ConsChanging benefits to high deductible plan. Disconnect with upper management. Bad managers stay as long as the numbers are right. They don't care about department morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince executive management found out about reviews here, the had marketing or HR write a few better ones to skew the rating. Easy to spot "9 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday..." LOL! Who writes that in a review? It's not even impressive when you look at other employers. Instead of having hacks fix the image, why not address the problems the genuine reviews expose. This is why so many people have quit in the last year you focus so much on numbers you have to know that number is far from the norm and reveals a problem you can't cover up with shills.

It really is a shame...

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood hourly rates if you work in the warehouse. On the Business and IS sides most jobs are pretty easy if you can stomach it. There is no budget for changes or updates to anything except SAP so it's pretty static.

ConsCulture is to motivate by fear. Serious cronyism. Even corruption in the case of hiring practices. Overall the outlook to the business is bad, company has stopped growing and is now in decline. So much money has been sunk into the development and deployment of SAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis use to be such a great company. I honestly hope you can turn it around.

Worked for Aviall? Contribute to the Community!