Aviat Networks

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Michael Pangia

Nice people but no growth potential

ProsFlexible work environment and overall nice people on staff.

ConsThe upper management is inconsistent and lack vision, lots of talk about moving forward but not put into practice. The environment is rife with misogyny and management is barely competent. Resources are poorly utilized. No long term growth strategy, mostly runs by the skin of their teeth.

not a good place to get advanced in your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- time-off is limited compared to other companies.
    - good place to get some experience for RF engineering.
    - life and work balance is good.
    - nice building.

Cons- perks are almost NONE.
    -no formal process is used in any aspect of products planning, product design, and communicating information to employees,..etc.
    -Leadership brought this company to a bad situation.

Advice to Senior Managementchange your policies or resign! Need to foster true innovation and improve time product introduction. resources put on testing and manufacturing are much higher than design and planning.

Fantastic coworkers, lousy executives

ProsPeople are great (the little people). Very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

ConsPoor leadership, no pay raises, 401k matching contributions taken away, and continuous layoffs are some of the reasons that makes Aviat a bad company to work for. Things went south when outsourcing began, followed by ditching our own products to resell someone else's goods.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the executive group with people who actually wants to make a profit by manufacturing our own goods.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Downhill is the name of this place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsCannot think of any
    Use to be a fun company to work for but a series of bad waves of management destroyed everything.

ConsThe technology they sell is now a commodity. A management rooted in the 80s.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake it up but remember: you need people to man the shop!

Disingenous Work Environment/Culture

Finance (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsCoworkers are knowledgeable and good to work with. Pay scale is competitive.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. Employees fear Management. Raises disappeared years ago. Raises and vacation time for management only.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees, culture should not be management based. Build collaborative work environment. Get rid of bad managers.

No real growth

Finance (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to work, good location,

ConsPoor management decisions, too much turnover, No raises, very limited growth.

Company is okay

ProsGreat coworkers, everyone is hardworking for the most part. Managers really take the time to listen to their employees and are helpful.

ConsCompany doesn't seem to be growing. Upper management does not value employees and there are no activities to keep company moral up.

Good company to work for and employees were very friendly and helpful.

Business Process Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThere was a lot of team collaboration

ConsAs a contractor I was not able to telecommute.

Used to be a great company to work for

Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat coworkers and teamwork spirit, flexible hours.

ConsNo potential for career growth, too many drastic decisions to cut costs that will further impair company future.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to value their employees.

Initially a great place to work...

ProsNew products have potential to return the company to profitability and hopefully that will happen.

ConsEngineering is transitioning out of Silicon Valley due to financial pressures. In the midst of knowledge transfer to various engineering disciplines and existing employees are handling this in a professional manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication mid and long term plan to employees, at least to the staff that is remaining. The perception is there is no plan other than meeting quarterly target.

Worked for Aviat Networks? Contribute to the Community!