Aviation Institute Of Maintenance

Updated Jan 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gerald Yagen

New location, not yet fully developed.

Instructor (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsIt is nice to have weekends and most holidays off. Lower management seems to be open to suggestions and willing to make improvements.

ConsThe current pay is not enough for what is expected by middle management. The campus needs more support and direction from senior (corporate) management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis campus needs better organization, clear communication, and consistency.However, things seem to be improving overall.

I enjoyed my job,and enrolling my students!

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsHelping young men and woman to get a respectable career is very fulfilling!

ConsYou have to be away from your family for 18 months!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe way management runs this very promising business isn't right,to many chiefs not enough Indians!

Beware....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat support and guidance from department leader.

ConsLow pay. Too structured. No room for growth. Employee benefits not very good --medical coverage is unaffordable. I don't know why I stayed as long as I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on minimizing your employee turnover.You get what you pay for. Pay more and get qualified people and recognize them so that they stay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful Environment. Employees are treated like they are disposable.

Career Services Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThe instructors really care about their students.

ConsPeople are hired with the idea that they will not last (ie. very little investment in the individual employee such as roles explained or training given. Little interest in developing more than a passing relationship with the new hire.) "Counselors" pressured to provide counseling with AIMs bottom line in mind, not the perceived best interest of the student. Management has poor professional boundaries (ie. yelling.)

Lack of effective communication keeps students & staff in the dark

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsMany instructors and staff truly love what they do for the students and it shows

ConsSchool management does not follow-up on staff/student requests quickly, does not coomunicate effectively the "big picture" so staff/students have a clear understanding of what is expected. They work "reactively" and not "proactively". The main excuse I have heard so many times is that "I have 400 students to deal with", yet many times the littlest act of communication, to stay informed with students/staff, is overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and students, learn to set time apart directly for them so they completely understand what is going on and this just may control the tension a bit.

interesting and enlightening although very rewarding when students appreciate quality instruction

Avionics Instructor (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsHelp make a difference and set the example for new technicians to follow
    Avenue to higher level learning and cutting edge advancements in the industry
    allows 100's of years of experience to share knowledge and make better curriculum

ConsRedundancy, poor communication of senior staff and HR
    No IT in the facility to manage computer assets and media.
    Pay is about 2 to 5 dollars less in the field and no over time is authorized

Advice to Senior ManagementKnowledge and power of ownership deligated to all levels to trust and take pride, allows for a happier and more productive work environment. Support staff workers and ideas and communicate effectively

Worked for Aviation Institute Of Maintenance? Contribute to the Community!