Aviation Technical Services

Updated September 18, 2014
2.5

Aviation Technical Services CEO Matt Yerbic
Matt Yerbic

Great business potential but poor direction from upper management

Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and gain experience

Cons

High employee turn over due to dissatisfaction with management. Senior management not providing financial support to get projects completed efficiently and correctly

Set the direction for employees and support it with the required financial resources

Minorities and ethical mechanics beware.

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well you get a paycheck.

Cons

Minorities are treated differently. You'll see most of the black, Indian, female, and Hispanic mechanics performing non aircraft work most of the time. No minorities in leadership. Lack of experience in leadership causes serious schedule and budget issues, then of course it's all blamed on mechanics. Complete disregard for adherence to technical data. Leadership tells mechanics to act one way and then leadership acts however they want. QA is inexperienced and nearly completely incompetent. New branch in KC has been behind on every objective so far...Missouri and the city of Kansas City may very well have made a truly poor investment helping fix up the facility for this company. So far everything has been behind schedule, over budget, managed extremely poorly, and all mechanics are fed up already. Awful place to work unless you are a brown noser who loves to lie about your experience and talk yourself up to advance to Lead, Maintenance Crew Chief, or any position above a plain old knuckle dragging mechanic.

Fire everyone in leadership and QA below Director of Maintenance because they are all garbage. Take a look at the projects so far...there's really no disputing it. You can blame mechanics all you want but it all comes down to poor leadership, like it or not.

Work here at your own risk

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I got enough experience to move on to better things... beyond that there really is nothing I can say.

Cons

You're experience here can go from good to horrible based on the lead you get. The management will place anyone in a lead position regardless of people skills. You can expect to be literally yelled at in front of everyone if you make a mistake or if the lead just doesn't like you and management won't do anything to help you. This place made me consider leaving aviation all together. Luckily I found out not every place is as awful as ATS. I once had my schedule changed (from day shift Monday - Thursday to night shift Friday - Monday) while I was on vacation for a week and didn't find out until I tried to clock in on my usual schedule. The management has no regard for your life. In one "All Employee Meeting" they told us we should be happy to have a job because there is nothing else available, after they started cutting benefits. This company will never be anything more than a failed venture by completely inept overrated "CEO"s. They chase off their better employee's and keep the hacks that will do anything to sell a job wrong or right. I believe it is only a matter of time before a plane coming out of maintenance here goes down killing everyone on board. I would rather work at Wal-mart than return to this place.

Hire people with integrity to fill lead and supervisor positions.

Run Away!!!!!

Former Employee - Master Flight Controls Technician AMT in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Master Flight Controls Technician AMT in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have NO pros for this company.

Cons

Lousy work environment! They perform incorrect work on Aircraft and will not correct mistakes for fear of stepping on Inspections toes. Very Dangerous!!!!

Get a CLUE!!!!!!!!!

Very un-organized, unprofessional management & work environment!

Former Employee - Avionics Electrician in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Avionics Electrician in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

A diverse clientele ie Southwest, UPS, AirCanada, Alaska Airlines.

Cons

As said before a very un-organized, unprofessional management & work environment. Leads do as they please, regardless of ethics or company policy. Management not only allow disrespect or harassment between employees, they also encourage and participate in this type of behavior. I started working as a contractor in 2011 and for almost 2 years they promised clients deadlines that were almost impossible to meet forcing us mechanics to work over 60 hours a week or getting fired if could not meet them. For our surprise after those huge workloads a lot of us were getting fired or were working 10-25 hours a week.

I encourage the executives of this company to send EVERYBODY in a management position to leadership classes and to advice them about possible legal actions by employees if the keep that type of conduct. Valuing your employees involves a lot more than just saying you value your employees.

Worked 20 Plus Years

Former Employee - Master Mechanic in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Master Mechanic in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A great place to learn heavy maintence on aged A/C. A wide range of work scope & outstanding people to learn from that are more than willing to teach you. If you want to learn about how an MRO should operate on how to accomplish heavy checks in the shortest time this place that has an awesome system. Medical, Dental & Vision was above average when I was there.

Cons

Not much of a retirement system (Limited 401k).

Up the retirement.

Terrible

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing good!! This place sucks ass..

Cons

Everything bad!! Worked UPS line work shortage.. Worked in hangar 3 when Dreamliner were being reworked for wing issues.. Crowded, sucked ass..

Retire..

ATS nice good company to work for

Former Employee - Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

safe working environment and nice company culture to learn basic information about the aviation industry suitable for all future employees

Cons

comparably lower salary than other companies in the aviation industry and quite a heavy work load for unskilled employees and new work force

you guys are doing a good job so far

Going downhill fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time

Pros

There are some very good, dedicated people working here.

Cons

Senior management has been driving this company downhill for a few years now. Averaging 2-3 layoffs per year for the last couple years. The smart employees have left for greener pastures in droves. The ones that stuck around -- the dedicated ones -- are the ones getting screwed.

Actually valuing your employees involves a lot more than just saying you value your employees.

ATS- no room for growth unless you're friends with someone in senior administration

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time

Pros

Great place to start a career. The people I work with are great. The location is good (close to i5 and 405.)

Cons

No room for growth. Hard to trust senior management (for example laying off people 3 days after stating there would be no more layoffs, but calling it re-organization.) Little to no raises.

People notice there is a "good ol' boy" network happening again, it's discusting- try promoting from within. Beer and hot dog events will never be equal to getting a real pay raise.