Aviation Technical Services Reviews

Matt Yerbic

1. Good Company

Current Employee - Technician I in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Technician I in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, Great People.

Cons

Slow to get tooling made.

Advice to Management

Get proper/good tooling to complete jobs coreectly

2. Changes

I worked at Aviation Technical Services

Pros

Team work. Committed ethical hard working co-workers. Company is growing. Added new locations throughout USA.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement. Unqualified leadership at senior level. Inexperienced Human Resource department.

Just take a different job

Former Employee - A&P in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - A&P in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job and they'll hire pretty much anyone even without an A&P. Lots of people from different walks of life and most of them are hard workers.

Cons

Low pay: most people started under 14/hour, no benefits, low per diem. Poor outlook: Moving up is a favorites game. Pay maxes out around 16, far under other local outfits. Work is feast or famine: Either you're sent home after four hours or you're working for ten straight. There's little in between. Poor supervision: Some leads had no idea what they were doing and had been promoted without the knowledge or the desire for the higher position. Questioning supervisors often lead to discipline or termination. Poor work-life balance: Some weeks were 6 on, 1 off, with ten hour shifts keeping you out until the wee hours. Supervisors claimed it was mandatory, but they also said we did not qualify for overtime pay (though after complaints were filed suddenly they said we did). Time off is null; requests for time off are ignored or met with threats of disciplinary action. Poor organization: You had a team you worked with, but other sups would pull you from your task to fill gaps in their area, leaving your team short, instead of better scheduling their own workers. No questions allowed. Little to no accountability: Work is left unfinished for the next shift to pick up nearly constantly. Supervisor give wrong equipment or parts and threaten discipline if you refuse to use them. Super high turnover: 100+ workers hired and left in under a month, either being terminated or walking out due to too many cons.

Advice to Management

The management is so detached from the rest of the company that they have no idea why their employees are so dissatisfied with their jobs. Your trainers offer the world and then some and fail to provide from day one. Your managers choose to ignore legitimate feedback in lieu of keeping on their own agenda. The company acquired, and is close to losing, a few large contracts with commercial airlines due to poor staffing and work constantly being accomplished late (due to lack of supervision and workers), sometimes weeks behind schedule. Listen to your employees and use this to further your company before you're bankrupt.

5. Great business potential but poor direction from upper management

Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and gain experience

Cons

High employee turn over due to dissatisfaction with management. Senior management not providing financial support to get projects completed efficiently and correctly

Advice to Management

Set the direction for employees and support it with the required financial resources

Minorities and ethical mechanics beware.

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well you get a paycheck.

Cons

Minorities are treated differently. You'll see most of the black, Indian, female, and Hispanic mechanics performing non aircraft work most of the time. No minorities in leadership. Lack of experience in leadership causes serious schedule and budget issues, then of course it's all blamed on mechanics. Complete disregard for adherence to technical data. Leadership tells mechanics to act one way and then leadership acts however they want. QA is inexperienced and nearly completely incompetent. New branch in KC has been behind on every objective so far...Missouri and the city of Kansas City may very well have made a truly poor investment helping fix up the facility for this company. So far everything has been behind schedule, over budget, managed extremely poorly, and all mechanics are fed up already. Awful place to work unless you are a brown noser who loves to lie about your experience and talk yourself up to advance to Lead, Maintenance Crew Chief, or any position above a plain old knuckle dragging mechanic.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone in leadership and QA below Director of Maintenance because they are all garbage. Take a look at the projects so far...there's really no disputing it. You can blame mechanics all you want but it all comes down to poor leadership, like it or not.

Work here at your own risk

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I got enough experience to move on to better things... beyond that there really is nothing I can say.

Cons

You're experience here can go from good to horrible based on the lead you get. The management will place anyone in a lead position regardless of people skills. You can expect to be literally yelled at in front of everyone if you make a mistake or if the lead just doesn't like you and management won't do anything to help you. This place made me consider leaving aviation all together. Luckily I found out not every place is as awful as ATS. I once had my schedule changed (from day shift Monday - Thursday to night shift Friday - Monday) while I was on vacation for a week and didn't find out until I tried to clock in on my usual schedule. The management has no regard for your life. In one "All Employee Meeting" they told us we should be happy to have a job because there is nothing else available, after they started cutting benefits. This company will never be anything more than a failed venture by completely inept overrated "CEO"s. They chase off their better employee's and keep the hacks that will do anything to sell a job wrong or right. I believe it is only a matter of time before a plane coming out of maintenance here goes down killing everyone on board. I would rather work at Wal-mart than return to this place.

Advice to Management

Hire people with integrity to fill lead and supervisor positions.

8. Run Away!!!!!

Former Employee - Master Flight Controls Technician AMT in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Master Flight Controls Technician AMT in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have NO pros for this company.

Cons

Lousy work environment! They perform incorrect work on Aircraft and will not correct mistakes for fear of stepping on Inspections toes. Very Dangerous!!!!

Advice to Management

Get a CLUE!!!!!!!!!

9. Worked 20 Plus Years

Former Employee - Master Mechanic in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Master Mechanic in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A great place to learn heavy maintence on aged A/C. A wide range of work scope & outstanding people to learn from that are more than willing to teach you. If you want to learn about how an MRO should operate on how to accomplish heavy checks in the shortest time this place that has an awesome system. Medical, Dental & Vision was above average when I was there.

Cons

Not much of a retirement system (Limited 401k).

Advice to Management

Up the retirement.

10. Terrible

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good!! This place sucks ass..

Cons

Everything bad!! Worked UPS line work shortage.. Worked in hangar 3 when Dreamliner were being reworked for wing issues.. Crowded, sucked ass..

Advice to Management

Retire..

11. ATS nice good company to work for

Former Employee - Employee in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

safe working environment and nice company culture to learn basic information about the aviation industry suitable for all future employees

Cons

comparably lower salary than other companies in the aviation industry and quite a heavy work load for unskilled employees and new work force

Advice to Management

you guys are doing a good job so far

RSS Feed </> Embed