Aviation Technical Services

Worked 20 Plus Years

Former Employee - Master Mechanic  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Master Mechanic in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A great place to learn heavy maintence on aged A/C. A wide range of work scope & outstanding people to learn from that are more than willing to teach you. If you want to learn about how an MRO should operate on how to accomplish heavy checks in the shortest time this place that has an awesome system. Medical, Dental & Vision was above average when I was there.

Cons

Not much of a retirement system (Limited 401k).

Up the retirement.

Work here at your own risk

Former Employee - A&P Mechanic  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - A&P Mechanic in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I got enough experience to move on to better things... beyond that there really is nothing I can say.

Cons

You're experience here can go from good to horrible based on the lead you get. The management will place anyone in a lead position regardless of people skills. You can expect to be literally yelled at in front of everyone if you make a mistake or if the lead just doesn't like you and management won't do anything to help you. This place made me consider leaving aviation all together. Luckily I found out not every place is as awful as ATS. I once had my schedule changed (from day shift Monday - Thursday to night shift Friday - Monday) while I was on vacation for a week and didn't find out until I tried to clock in on my usual schedule. The management has no regard for your life. In one "All Employee Meeting" they told us we should be happy to have a job because there is nothing else available, after they started cutting benefits. This company will never be anything more than a failed venture by completely inept overrated "CEO"s. They chase off their better employee's and keep the hacks that will do anything to sell a job wrong or right. I believe it is only a matter of time before a plane coming out of maintenance here goes down killing everyone on board. I would rather work at Wal-mart than return to this place.

Hire people with integrity to fill lead and supervisor positions.

Run Away!!!!!

Former Employee - Master Flight Controls Technician AMT  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Master Flight Controls Technician AMT in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have NO pros for this company.

Cons

Lousy work environment! They perform incorrect work on Aircraft and will not correct mistakes for fear of stepping on Inspections toes. Very Dangerous!!!!

Get a CLUE!!!!!!!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very un-organized, unprofessional management & work environment!

Former Employee - Avionics Electrician  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Avionics Electrician in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

A diverse clientele ie Southwest, UPS, AirCanada, Alaska Airlines.

Cons

As said before a very un-organized, unprofessional management & work environment. Leads do as they please, regardless of ethics or company policy. Management not only allow disrespect or harassment between employees, they also encourage and participate in this type of behavior. I started working as a contractor in 2011 and for almost 2 years they promised clients deadlines that were almost impossible to meet forcing us mechanics to work over 60 hours a week or getting fired if could not meet them. For our surprise after those huge workloads a lot of us were getting fired or were working 10-25 hours a week.

I encourage the executives of this company to send EVERYBODY in a management position to leadership classes and to advice them about possible legal actions by employees if the keep that type of conduct. Valuing your employees involves a lot more than just saying you value your employees.

Terrible

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing good!! This place sucks ass..

Cons

Everything bad!! Worked UPS line work shortage.. Worked in hangar 3 when Dreamliner were being reworked for wing issues.. Crowded, sucked ass..

Retire..

ATS nice good company to work for

Former Employee - Employee  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

safe working environment and nice company culture to learn basic information about the aviation industry suitable for all future employees

Cons

comparably lower salary than other companies in the aviation industry and quite a heavy work load for unskilled employees and new work force

you guys are doing a good job so far

Going downhill fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I worked at Aviation Technical Services full-time

Pros

There are some very good, dedicated people working here.

Cons

Senior management has been driving this company downhill for a few years now. Averaging 2-3 layoffs per year for the last couple years. The smart employees have left for greener pastures in droves. The ones that stuck around -- the dedicated ones -- are the ones getting screwed.

Actually valuing your employees involves a lot more than just saying you value your employees.

ATS- no room for growth unless you're friends with someone in senior administration

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time

Pros

Great place to start a career. The people I work with are great. The location is good (close to i5 and 405.)

Cons

No room for growth. Hard to trust senior management (for example laying off people 3 days after stating there would be no more layoffs, but calling it re-organization.) Little to no raises.

People notice there is a "good ol' boy" network happening again, it's discusting- try promoting from within. Beer and hot dog events will never be equal to getting a real pay raise.

Good place to learn

Current Employee - Level IV Mechanical  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Level IV Mechanical in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

good place to learn about chapters and mro procedures and cards.

Cons

poor compensation, not much of a choice of shift or area of work, interiors,systems or flight controls

Don't do it

Current Employee - L4 Mechanic  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - L4 Mechanic in Everett, WA

I have been working at Aviation Technical Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hard to say these days. Managers and sups see the writing on the wall and have given up.
    Leads do as they please, regardless of ethics or company policy; ie my lead has persuaded my direct manager to allow his son to be hired onto our crew.
    If you try hard and get hooked up with a good crew or 'mentor' you can get some good experience. However the veteran talent, for the most part, has moved on tO Boeing or other agencies.

Cons

Senior leadership chases pennies whilst dropping dollars in the process. Ideas to help streamline or increase efficiency on the floor are disregarded, or given lip service with nothing ever coming to fruition. In the last four years we have had four vp's and as many upper enchalant types, all repeat the mistakes of their predecessors and still no one listens to the menchanics who are the backbone of their company.
    Health insurance, 401k, PTO and holiday time has become increasingly pathetic as the company goes under, yet they have the money to open a new facility near Moses lake. We have sold hanger 3, hanger 2 is about to be lost....this company path makes no sense to me, but then again I'm just a mechanic.......

Rather than fluff your bosses or act as high paid yes men, put a little effort into protecting the jobs of the excellent employees you have now. Stop worrying about your own personal egos, and agendas and start recognizing that we are one company not individual lines/crews.

Worked for Aviation Technical Services? Contribute to the Community!